+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport name change after marriage, TRV still valid?

baf

Sep 9, 2017
Visa Office......
AUH
Hello all,

I have a follow up question related to this post.

Would an airline still consider this a valid visa? My partner would be traveling on a passport under the married name but the TRV is under the maiden name in a cancelled passport. The concern is that the airline would not allow to travel because the documents do not match and I'm totally confident that they would accept the marriage certificate as sufficient documentation to allow travel.

Appreciate it if anyone has any experience travelling to Canada from overseas destination that can share their experience. Thanks in advance.

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
Hello all,

I have a follow up question related to this post.

Would an airline still consider this a valid visa? My partner would be traveling on a passport under the married name but the TRV is under the maiden name in a cancelled passport. The concern is that the airline would not allow to travel because the documents do not match and I'm totally confident that they would accept the marriage certificate as sufficient documentation to allow travel.

Appreciate it if anyone has any experience travelling to Canada from overseas destination that can share their experience. Thanks in advance.
As long as the TRV matches the passport it is stick in, it is fine.

Reactions: baf

baf

Sep 9, 2017
Visa Office......
AUH
As long as the TRV matches the passport it is stick in, it is fine.
Hi Jalex23,
Thank you for your response. So in this case the airline would not require any further documents as evidence that the two passports are the same person despite the different last name?

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
Hi Jalex23,
Thank you for your response. So in this case the airline would not require any further documents as evidence that the two passports are the same person despite the different last name?
No.

Reactions: baf

rahugang

Jun 15, 2017
Hi,

I have a question on the Marriage Certificate for the PR application for me and my wife in CEC category in which my wife will be secondary applicant.

In Marriage Certificate, my wife's surname is spelled "DILLO" where as in all other documents here surname is spelled "DHILLON". Her surname can be spelled like "DHILLON", "DHILLO", "DILLON" & "DILLO" and all are correct in India.

Actually the MC application was filled in Hindi and the MC was prepared in English so administration used the spelling whatever they felt correct at that time.

Apart from MC, her passport also has spouse name which is mentioned my name correctly but my passport doesn't have spouse name because it was applied before my marriage.

My question is that will this create any issue? If yes, then what steps we can take before filing application to avoid the issue?

Thanks,
RG