+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport lost???

fastian

Dec 22, 2008
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can help me out. I applied for TRV from Toronto(Canada) to Buffalo and I was told by the embassy that my passport was returned back to me via regular mail on the 26th April 2011. It's been more than 3 weeks now and I still havent received my passport. I was wondering if anyone of you can let me know if that is normal and how long does it take to get the passport back via regular mail(Buffalo to toronto). I have to travel soon and this is making me nervous.

I'll really appreciate, if anyone can help me in this regard.

Thanks

HELLO28

Apr 13, 2011
HI FASTIAN! IM SAILING ON THE SAME BOAT ON YOUR SITUATION... I'VE SENT E MAIL TO BUFFALO CONSULATE MANY TIMES... I WILL UPDATE YOU IF THERE WOULD BE ANY DEVELOPMENT ON MY APPLICATION... PLEASE UPDATE ME ALSO IF YOU GATHER ANY INFORMATION ON YOUR PART... THANKS...

princesohal2003

May 17, 2011
hey fastian and hello 28...is there any update with your applications so far? i sent my application to fort erie for a trv on april 4th and so far i havent received anything...i even sent my application via expresspost and i dont know why i havent received it yet as of today its been 43 days.

HELLO28

Apr 13, 2011
HI PRINCESOHAL2003! I STILL DONT HAVE ANY UPDATE REGARDING MY APPLICATION. STILL WAITING. IVE SEND MINE 2ND WEEK OF APRIL BUT STILL NO UPDATE YET. PLEASE SEND ME A REPLY ONCE YOU HAVE AN UPDATE REGARDING YOUR APPLICATION. I WILL SEND YOU ALSO AN UPDATE REGARDING MY APPLICATION ONCE THEY REPLIED BACK FROM CONSULATE. THANKS.

princesohal2003

May 17, 2011
HELLO28 said:
HI PRINCESOHAL2003! I STILL DONT HAVE ANY UPDATE REGARDING MY APPLICATION. STILL WAITING. IVE SEND MINE 2ND WEEK OF APRIL BUT STILL NO UPDATE YET. PLEASE SEND ME A REPLY ONCE YOU HAVE AN UPDATE REGARDING YOUR APPLICATION. I WILL SEND YOU ALSO AN UPDATE REGARDING MY APPLICATION ONCE THEY REPLIED BACK FROM CONSULATE. THANKS.
btw may i ask when did you send your application for trv to for erie? thanks

fastian

Dec 22, 2008
hi....is there any one else who has been through my situation or any one that can help me with this...
any of the senior members?? PMM??

Thanks

anessa

Star Member
May 25, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2012
Doc's Request.
no
AOR Received.
13-03-2012
IELTS Request
no
Med's Request
13-03-2012
Med's Done....
18-03-2012
I sent my application for TRV on 13 th April to Buffalo and they received it on 15th April. yet i did not get it. I sent them email on 17th MAY and they told me that my application is in process. Again I sent email on 27th and they wrote same thing (your application is in process) :(
I dont know when I will get it.I wanna go home.

sohney

Star Member
Jan 14, 2010
hi,
i m little bit confuse about mailing my documents for visa application.
i m in alberta .wana mail my visa applictaion to seattle can any tell me address?
do i need to send return envolap?while is canada post's strike what other way i can use?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Consulate General of Canada
Immigration Section
1501 4th Avenue, Suite 600
Seattle, WA 98101-4328

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/seattle/imm/SEATL%20Document%20Return%20Procedure.aspx?lang=eng

For Addresses in Canada:

Standard Procedure: The Consulate will return passports/documents to addresses in Canada via U.S. Postal Service First Class Mail. Please enclose with your application a self-addressed return envelope.

FEDEX Courier: If First Class Mail is not acceptable, please enclose with your application a completed air waybill and a return courier envelope for FedEx. You must fill in your name and address as both the sender and the recipient on the waybill. The Consulate's address must not appear on the waybill. You must enter your valid FedEx account number in the appropriate billing information box. Payments by cheque or credit card are not accepted.

The Consulate will not be responsible for filling out courier labels or verifying shipping charges; these are the sole responsibility of the applicant.

Please note that we will not return passports/documents to Canadian addresses using any commercial courier service other than FedEx.
The Consulate is not responsible for any passports lost in the mail

sohney said:
hi,
i m little bit confuse about mailing my documents for visa application.
i m in alberta .wana mail my visa applictaion to seattle can any tell me address?
do i need to send return envolap?while is canada post's strike what other way i can use?