+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport in Ottawa for more than a month

ruhin

Star Member
Mar 14, 2017
Hi All,

I am describing the total scenario regarding visa stamping with timeline.

August 01: Got PPR. I am FSW-inland. However, my wife is in my home country. Usually for my home country VO is in Singapore. The PPR asked both the passports to be sent to Ottawa. Also, the PPR mail came in an old email id I was using 3 year before.

August 02: Called CIC to clear things about email ID. Asked them should we both send our PP to Ottawa or should she send her PP to Singapore. The agent told me to mail CPC-Ottawa for another PPR for my wife so that she can send her PP to Singapore. She also told me that I may send my PP to Ottawa immediately. I mailed them and waited for a week. But they didn't reply

August 09: I sent my PP through Canadapost. I sent an email saying whatever I told them on August 2 and also stated that I am sending my PP as per CIC call center agent instruction.

August 14: Canadapost reported they delivered the mail. CPC- Ottawa replied saying they will issue new PPR for my wife.

August 17: Called CIC. The agent lady said they received my PP and it was sent to printing room. She confirmed that CoPR is printed for both of us. She said we have upto May 22, 2018 to do landing. Also told me they will issue PPR for my wife shortly.

August 25: They issue PPR for my wife.

August 28: My wife sent her PP to Singapore

August 31: My wife's PP reached Singapore VO.

September 6: Called CIC. The agent lady said my PP is still in printing room. She said application is all approved and asked me call back 2 days later. She left a note for CPC-Ottawa

September 8: Called them again. No update. CPC_Ottawa did not reply to her note.

September 12: Called again. No update. CPC-Ottawa still did not reply.

I have seen 4 cases where PP reached Ottawa on August 14 and they have not updated since then. What should be my next step?

OdinNguyen

Mar 30, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I am describing the total scenario regarding visa stamping with timeline.

August 01: Got PPR. I am FSW-inland. However, my wife is in my home country. Usually for my home country VO is in Singapore. The PPR asked both the passports to be sent to Ottawa. Also, the PPR mail came in an old email id I was using 3 year before.

August 02: Called CIC to clear things about email ID. Asked them should we both send our PP to Ottawa or should she send her PP to Singapore. The agent told me to mail CPC-Ottawa for another PPR for my wife so that she can send her PP to Singapore. She also told me that I may send my PP to Ottawa immediately. I mailed them and waited for a week. But they didn't reply

August 09: I sent my PP through Canadapost. I sent an email saying whatever I told them on August 2 and also stated that I am sending my PP as per CIC call center agent instruction.

August 14: Canadapost reported they delivered the mail. CPC- Ottawa replied saying they will issue new PPR for my wife.

August 17: Called CIC. The agent lady said they received my PP and it was sent to printing room. She confirmed that CoPR is printed for both of us. She said we have upto May 22, 2018 to do landing. Also told me they will issue PPR for my wife shortly.

August 25: They issue PPR for my wife.

August 28: My wife sent her PP to Singapore

August 31: My wife's PP reached Singapore VO.

September 6: Called CIC. The agent lady said my PP is still in printing room. She said application is all approved and asked me call back 2 days later. She left a note for CPC-Ottawa

September 8: Called them again. No update. CPC_Ottawa did not reply to her note.

September 12: Called again. No update. CPC-Ottawa still did not reply.

I have seen 4 cases where PP reached Ottawa on August 14 and they have not updated since then. What should be my next step?
Are they waiting for your wife passport?

OdinNguyen

Mar 30, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No. My wife's passport was received by Singapore VO on August 31
I mean there is a chance that Ottawa waiting for Singapore VO to tell them that they have stamped visa for your wife.

Anyway, I also stuck in CPC-Ottawa for a month while others get their passports back after 2 weeks (the processing times is 2 weeks).

I sent them 3 emails ask for escalation; called them 3 times; ordered one gcms notes. The day after I ordered gcms note I got my application approved and passports returned back on the same day.

I still don't understand why printing visa is also a random process though. It should be first come first serve in my opinion.

ruhin

Star Member
Mar 14, 2017
I mean there is a chance that Ottawa waiting for Singapore VO to tell them that they have stamped visa for your wife.

Anyway, I also stuck in CPC-Ottawa for a month while others get their passports back after 2 weeks (the processing times is 2 weeks).

I sent them 3 emails ask for escalation; called them 3 times; ordered one gcms notes. The day after I ordered gcms note I got my application approved and passports returned back on the same day.

I still don't understand why printing visa is also a random process though. It should be first come first serve in my opinion.
Should I contact Singapore VO?

OdinNguyen

Mar 30, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
She could not say anything about my wife's one as it is in Singapore. Nothing to do except waiting.
Once you receive CoPR, There will be a note stated that you need to wait for your dependent's passports before landing. So my guess is they are still waiting for your wife visa stamp.