+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Copies for PR Renewal

FredCanada

Aug 16, 2014
Just a few quick question...

1. it is stated that photocopies of all passport pages must be submitted. Can I scan the passport pages then put the images on a Word document and print 4 passport pages to one A4 sheet (black & white copies).

2. To notarize 1 A4 sheet might be like $10 and 1 passport has 64 pages. I have 2 passports to submit. Therefore even if I put 4 passport pages to 1 A4 sheet, I am looking at like $320 just for the notary. Am I doing this right?

Any information on this matter from experienced PR renewal posters will be greatly appreciated.

Fred

boltz

Jul 30, 2009
FredCanada said:

1. it is stated that photocopies of all passport pages must be submitted. Can I scan the passport pages then put the images on a Word document and print 4 passport pages to one A4 sheet (black & white copies).

2. To notarize 1 A4 sheet might be like $10 and 1 passport has 64 pages. I have 2 passports to submit. Therefore even if I put 4 passport pages to 1 A4 sheet, I am looking at like $320 just for the notary. Am I doing this right?

Any information on this matter from experienced PR renewal posters will be greatly appreciated.

Fred
2 - there is no need for notarization. Why do you want to notarize? Use colour Xerox, so the copies bring in better legibility.
1 - coming to your 1st Q; it is not recommended to scan-print; since this process allows for editing the contents. If the CIC officer gets into doubt (for eg., the size of the PP scanned page is different from the dimensions of the standard PP page size), you are in trouble. So, to summarize here - even for Xerox, do not shrink the size of PP - just Xerox as-is.

MiriamT

May 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2009
File Transfer...
09-03-2009
Med's Done....
28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
FredCanada said:

Fred
Why exactly do you need to notarize all of your passport pages? All you need is to photocopy all pages of all passports, and if there's any stamps not in English or French have them translated by a certified translator.

MiriamT

May 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2009
File Transfer...
09-03-2009
Med's Done....
28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
boltz said:
2 - there is no need for notarization. Why do you want to notarize? Use colour Xerox, so the copies bring in better legibility.
1 - coming to your 1st Q; it is not recommended to scan-print; since this process allows for editing the contents. If the CIC officer gets into doubt (for eg., the size of the PP scanned page is different from the dimensions of the standard PP page size), you are in trouble. So, to summarize here - even for Xerox, do not shrink the size of PP - just Xerox as-is.
Ditto.

FredCanada

Aug 16, 2014
Thank you all for your input...I will do the following

1. Colour photocopy all passport pages
2. Translate only pages with non English & non French stamps

Best Regards

Fred

Reactions: Ash_Ahmad