+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Canada called but my guarantor couldn't speak English,what happens now?

eaglesky

Mar 10, 2015
Passport Canada called but my guarantor couldn't speak English,what will happen now ? they will return my application?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Most likely, yes.

Why would you use a guarantor that can't speak English or French?

eaglesky

Mar 10, 2015
I was in hurry , when was going to passport office , find out that guarantor section is blank , so I gave to my grandfather who was closest person to me and never thought that they will call him for verification!! So 10 days will extend to 20 days? is there any way to prevent from returning my application?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
eaglesky said:
I was in hurry , when was going to passport office , find out that guarantor section is blank , so I gave to my grandfather who was closest person to me and never thought that they will call him for verification!! So 10 days will extend to 20 days? is there any way to prevent from returning my application?
No, there is no way to prevent them from returning the app.

susann

Star Member
Mar 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
NOC Code......
0111 / 1111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
june 2009
Doc's Request.
august 2009
AOR Received.
january 2010
Med's Request
march 2010
Med's Done....
march 2010
Passport Req..
april 2010
VISA ISSUED...
mai 2010
eaglesky said:
With knowing that the guarantor needs to be Canadian Citizen two questions that come up in my mind.
When your grandfather is Canadian Citizen why did you not request a passport by decent instead of going to the trouble of applying for Citizenship?

And how could a guarantor read and verify the requested information if he could not speak - assuming not reading as well- English or French. So I am assuming they will request a new one and your application will be delay.

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
susann said:
With knowing that the guarantor needs to be Canadian Citizen two questions that come up in my mind.
When your grandfather is Canadian Citizen why did you not request a passport by decent instead of going to the trouble of applying for Citizenship?

And how could a guarantor read and verify the requested information if he could not speak - assuming not reading as well- English or French. So I am assuming they will request a new one and your application will be delay.
Huh, there is no indication OP was ever eligible for citizenship by descent and in any case it doesn't matter, because you still need a guarantor for your passport application. BTW, OP never said his guarantor didn't speak French.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
links18 said:
Huh, there is no indication OP was ever eligible for citizenship by descent and in any case it doesn't matter, because you still need a guarantor for your passport application. BTW, OP never said his guarantor didn't speak French.
If the OP's grandfather couldn't speak english to CIC agent, then the agent would have likely also spoken to him in French to confirm. The agent wouldnt likely hang up after not speaking english. Would have spoken French in case the guarantor speak french before hanging up on him.

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
screech339 said:
If the OP's grandfather couldn't speak english to CIC agent, then the agent would have likely also spoken to him in French to confirm. The agent wouldnt likely hang up after not speaking english. Would have spoken French in case the guarantor speak french before hanging up on him.
Maybe/peut-etre. ;D

eaglesky

Mar 10, 2015
susann said:

His reading skill is good but he has problem with listening and as result his speaking is not that good.
If the OP's grandfather couldn't speak English to CIC agent, then the agent would have likely also spoken to him in French to confirm. The agent wouldn't likely hang up after not speaking English. Would have spoken French in case the guarantor speak french before hanging up on him.
Actually , she didn't ask if he can speak french or not . She just asked can I speak with *** and she got answer No and she Said : Okay , thanks , Bye!!

Anyway , It doesn't matter any more , I Think my application is in way back to me and waiting 2 weeks more to get passport!!! :mad: :mad:

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Fortheloveofcanada said:
I have a question pls.

Can a guarantor be someone who became canadian just two months ago? N already got their canadian passport?
Yes. As long as guarantor know you at least 2 years.