+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport application and questions

ddavidd1

Star Member
May 26, 2018
1) Not sure about 1, but my understanding is that it should be basic questions anyone who actually knows you should be able to answer. Your work, your approximate height, what do you look like and other generic stuff.
2) A few minutes call.
3) No need to even be a PR.

Also, note that they can even skip calling altogether :)
Thanks, I wanted to confirm as I heard these days the questions are very in depth.
It seems they ask the reference date of birth etc of applicant

bottomline123

Jan 5, 2017
Q1: The guarantor signs on the first page only but all three pages must be signed by you before he/she signs.
Q2: I applied after 2 business days. That's what they told us.
Q3: I don't know
Do you know how long does it take for the passport to process? And During this period, how to travel if necessary?

ddavidd1

Star Member
May 26, 2018
Hi All,
Does anyone have an idea if references can sign/date the passport application before my citizenship Oath date?
My Oath Date is coming up mid January however my references for passport application are leaving on holiday this week for a month, besides I have to travel this month as well and can't wait till my references are back

Thanks

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
@ddavidd1 the references don't sign the application, they don't even need to see it.
As for the guarantor, you need to be canadian before he (or she...) signs the application. The guarantor certifies that you're a canadian citizen at the moment of the signature...

Reactions: ddavidd1

ddavidd1

Star Member
May 26, 2018
@ddavidd1 the references don't sign the application, they don't even need to see it.
As for the guarantor, you need to be canadian before he (or she...) signs the application. The guarantor certifies that you're a canadian citizen at the moment of the signature...
Thank you, so in that case I have to wait until after Oath for the guarantor to sign, however I can fill out the references section now and let my references know before they leave on vacation...if I'm understanding right, correct, Thanks much

KRP

Jan 13, 2012
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
01/02/2011
Thank you, so in that case I have to wait until after Oath for the guarantor to sign, however I can fill out the references section now and let my references know before they leave on vacation...if I'm understanding right, correct, Thanks much
Hi David, Did you fill the passport forms online or did you use the paper form . I read many details from different forums and many have mentioned that filling online forms and taking print out is good since it generates a bar code at the top right corner wherein once you go to the passport office you get a ticket number with preference over those with a paper application and can bypass the queue faster. Reading your references query I feel its wise to put someone who will be present in Canada if the passport dept officials do make a call for cross checking.

Reactions: ddavidd1

ddavidd1

Star Member
May 26, 2018
Hi David, Did you fill the passport forms online or did you use the paper form . I read many details from different forums and many have mentioned that filling online forms and taking print out is good since it generates a bar code at the top right corner wherein once you go to the passport office you get a ticket number with preference over those with a paper application and can bypass the queue faster. Reading your references query I feel its wise to put someone who will be present in Canada if the passport dept officials do make a call for cross checking.
I have a paper form, printed from the pdf on Canada Passport website....Your idea looks good