+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Partner work experience

Abrockks

Aug 15, 2016
India
I am the main applicant and I have all the required reference letters and I understand that partners foreign experience has no points given by CRS system but you have to mention work details of partner, my question is whether my partner is required to get similar letters like me from every employer he worked with and also need to know if his employment verification will also be done though there are no points for partners foreign work experience? or this experience details required is just for their information purpose?

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Abrockks said:
I am the main applicant and I have all the required reference letters and I understand that partners foreign experience has no points given by CRS system but you have to mention work details of partner, my question is whether my partner is required to get similar letters like me from every employer he worked with and also need to know if his employment verification will also be done though there are no points for partners foreign work experience? or this experience details required is just for their information purpose?
Mention your partner's work ex in Personal History. That way you do not need to upload any documents for it.

Abrockks

Aug 15, 2016
India
The thing is we have already mentioned Secondary applicants (partners work experience) as experience in EOI alongwith a respective job code and now we realised that most of the documents are not available from his employment, and now that we have received ITA, can we still change that as experience to personal history item?

I understand that there are no points for secondary applicants foreign work experience, will they still do the employment verification for partner experience?

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Abrockks said:
The thing is we have already mentioned Secondary applicants (partners work experience) as experience in EOI alongwith a respective job code and now we realised that most of the documents are not available from his employment, and now that we have received ITA, can we still change that as experience to personal history item?

I understand that there are no points for secondary applicants foreign work experience, will they still do the employment verification for partner experience?
Yes you can change it after ITA since there are no points being claimed for that. Mention this in your LOE.

Abrockks

Aug 15, 2016
India
ok thanks alot but can you please tell me if i retain that as experience will there be verification for partners employment?