+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

partially vaccinated quarantine

analyst123

Star Member
Jul 22, 2015
we are partially vaccinated and no symptoms. After mandatory hotel, can we quarantine with our family living in Canada ?

ABMM

Star Member
May 6, 2021
we are partially vaccinated and no symptoms. After mandatory hotel, can we quarantine with our family living in Canada ?
Partially vaccinated have the same quarantine rules as non-vaccinated people, only fully vaccinated people get exempt from quarantine

Reactions: YVR123

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
As long as they are going to quarantine as well.
That’s not correct. You must quarantine away from non-travelling family members. If you have a basement with a washroom, for example, where your family can remain separated from the non-traveling family members then that is fine.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You must quarantine in somewhere like a basement with a bathrooom where you will have no contact with your non-travelling family members for the rest of the 14 days. You can leave food for them if you leave a staggered period of time of like a minute between when you leave something at the basement door and when they open it. Would look at the Australia quarantine hotel protocols.

ABMM

Star Member
May 6, 2021
You must quarantine in somewhere like a basement with a bathrooom where you will have no contact with your non-travelling family members for the rest of the 14 days. You can leave food for them if you leave a staggered period of time of like a minute between when you leave something at the basement door and when they open it. Would look at the Australia quarantine hotel protocols.
Is it that strict? When my friend came in march he told the border officer that he's going to quarantine in a 3 1/2 with his friend and they told him that's okay

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Is it that strict? When my friend came in march he told the border officer that he's going to quarantine in a 3 1/2 with his friend and they told him that's okay
There are certainly areas where is that strict because they are properly following the rules. There seems to be some areas where the follow-up is awful although the follow-up seems to have gotten much better in many regions with the variants. In places like the Maritimes they have been very strict with quarantine policy for a long time and your friend would have been told absolutely not. It seems as though Ontario has gotten better with their quarantine follow-up after so many instances where a traveller spread it to their whole extended family and because we have seen what variants can do. Quarantine is a simple concept. Stay away from anyone you have not travelled with and prevent anyone who hasn’t travelled from potentially catching covid. See many people saying it is their choice to potentially get exposed to covid and they aren’t hurting anyone. Unfortunately anyone who gets covid could end up in hospital which does affect the whole health system. People also forget that 10% of people have serious longterm consequences with long covid so nobody should be willingly exposing themselves to covid.

ABMM

Star Member
May 6, 2021
There are certainly areas where is that strict because they are properly following the rules. There seems to be some areas where the follow-up is awful although the follow-up seems to have gotten much better in many regions with the variants. In places like the Maritimes they have been very strict with quarantine policy for a long time and your friend would have been told absolutely not. It seems as though Ontario has gotten better with their quarantine follow-up after so many instances where a traveller spread it to their whole extended family and because we have seen what variants can do. Quarantine is a simple concept. Stay away from anyone you have not travelled with and prevent anyone who hasn’t travelled from potentially catching covid. See many people saying it is their choice to potentially get exposed to covid and they aren’t hurting anyone. Unfortunately anyone who gets covid could end up in hospital which does affect the whole health system. People also forget that 10% of people have serious longterm consequences with long covid so nobody should be willingly exposing themselves to covid.
I mean my friend's roommate arrived 5 days before him and had to restart his quarantine when my friend came, so that could be why they allowed them to stay together.
I'm in Québec, so quarantine rules are really strict here.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I mean my friend's roommate arrived 5 days before him and had to restart his quarantine when my friend came, so that could be why they allowed them to stay together.
I'm in Québec, so quarantine rules are really strict here.
Ok that’s a bit different but still could have technically been denied. There still seems to be a lot of incorrect quarantining and lack of understanding of what quarantine means. Not sure why our government would risk another wave!!!