part time experience for 4 years but summers i work as a different job

• lkjsd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • lkjsdaf

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

aa789irfan

Aug 23, 2006
I am a Phd student here in USA. I am graduate assistant( 20 HRS A WEEK) for 9 months for Fall and spring .During summers i work as an instructor and lab assistant in the university ( 20 hrs a week). I have been working in that way for the last 4 years. HOW much IS IT EQUIVALENT TO FULL TIME EXPERIENCE? AM I ELLIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR CANADIAN PR??
Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

aa789irfan said:
I am a Phd student here in USA. I am graduate assistant( 20 HRS A WEEK) for 9 months for Fall and spring .During summers i work as an instructor and lab assistant in the university ( 20 hrs a week). I have been working in that way for the last 4 years. HOW much IS IT EQUIVALENT TO FULL TIME EXPERIENCE? AM I ELLIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR CANADIAN PR??
Thanks
1. To determine full time equivalent you divide the number of hours by 1950.
2. The difficulty will be that you require 1 year continuous full time, it would appear that your jobs are not continuous.

PMM

llw03c

Star Member
Feb 6, 2005
i was in a similar situation and my grad school work experience counted as i'm about to land pretty soon. i worked 20hrs a week for 8 months and during the summer i worked full time. i did this for 2 yrs non stop. since i had 16 months total of part time my total CONTINUOUS work experience was less than 2 yrs but more than a year so i got the points. what made it possible was the fact that it was paid and that there was no break in my contract.