Med's Done....
PASSED UPFRONT
Interview........
RECOMMENDED
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
BethanyM said:
Waiting for background checks to be concluded since September 29th, and still no word.
Frustrated. :'(
Yah I can imagine :( Its been really long, you would think after the interview it would be quicker one way or the other. Hang in there, I hope you get a yes soon!

theycallmemaha

Sep 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Paris
App. Filed.......
03-08-2016
Doc's Request.
31-08-2016
Nomination.....
n/a
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
19-09-2016
Med's Request
10-04-2018
Med's Done....
15-4-2018
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
not yet
Maina4576 said:
@theycallmemaha.. if I may ask were you born in Canada? And you re applyling for permanent residence?
I was born in Canada and i am sponsoring my husband to come here. So he's applying for permanent residence.

BethanyM

May 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2016
Doc's Request.
30-09-2016
AOR Received.
03-06-2016
IELTS Request
SA 19-07-2016
File Transfer...
22-07-2016
Med's Request
Med Status: Passed
Med's Done....
April 2016
Interview........
26-09-2016
Passport Req..
WAITING SOON PLEASE
VISA ISSUED...
SOON I HOPE
LANDED..........
ASAP
Paris VO told my MP our file is still awaiting the results of one security check with a partner agency,
and when they receive that result they are ready to complete the file quickly.
But they don't know how much longer that one partner will take to return the inquiry results.
Waiting, and waiting, and waiting ....

carriedomitin

Star Member
Dec 21, 2015
Hampton, NB
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
Doc's Request.
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
26-11-2016
Med's Done....
15-01-2016,upfront, extended
Interview........
Waived, Decision Made - 24-03-2017
Passport Req..
No PPR, new identity photos requested on 28-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 04-05-2017
BethanyM said:
Paris VO told my MP our file is still awaiting the results of one security check with a partner agency,
But they don't know how much longer that one partner will take to return the inquiry results.
That is such a long wait since you applied! Wishing you all the best and praying they get the results soon for you!

trikiliki

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/08/2016
AOR Received.
22/09/2016
File Transfer...
22/09/2016
Med's Done....
PASSED UPFRONT
Interview........
RECOMMENDED
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
BethanyM said:
So they didn't start the background/security check until after the interview? Reason I ask is that my husbands background check and security is still showing as "not started" and he just was notified this morning of his upcoming interview in Tunisia in May. So do they wait until after interviewing before starting with clearances? I thought it was the other way around, and only go ahead with an interview as the final step once everything checks out. In any case I still cant believe you have been waiting this long since doing the interview. Although, the fact that they are doing the last clearances after his interview I would interpret as positive :) They surely wouldn't bother otherwise! Please let us know when you hear anything or get Decision Made. I hope you get good news soon!

rania.aiss

Star Member
Mar 1, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Paris
App. Filed.......
24-01-2017
Doc's Request.
01-03-2017
AOR Received.
11-02-2017
File Transfer...
20-02-2017
Med's Done....
21-02-2017 (Passed)
Hey,

I received an email from them on March 1st, asking to fill up IMM 5562, to send the original copy of the police record(the arabic version), to renew his passport and send copy of 2 first pages and tp pay the permanent resident fee as well.
Does anyone know to make the payment from Algeria ( I don't have a credit card)?

As of March 14th:

Application status: We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents: Not applicable.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: Your application is in progress. The next step is to conduct a background check.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

soblue3

Apr 13, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
File Transfer...
07-04-2014
Interview........
20-06-2014 denied Nov 1, 2014 application for appeal sent nov 15, 2014
Passport Req..
blue book received march 2015
trikiliki said:
So they didn't start the background/security check until after the interview? Reason I ask is that my husbands background check and security is still showing as "not started" and he just was notified this morning of his upcoming interview in Tunisia in May. So do they wait until after interviewing before starting with clearances? I thought it was the other way around, and only go ahead with an interview as the final step once everything checks out. In any case I still cant believe you have been waiting this long since doing the interview. Although, the fact that they are doing the last clearances after his interview I would interpret as positive :) They surely wouldn't bother otherwise! Please let us know when you hear anything or get Decision Made. I hope you get good news soon!
hi, interview is always before the security and background checks. in general they like to establish eligibility before doing the other checks which are time consuming and expensive. Since my husband had a large family our background and security checks took over 8 months.

soblue3

Apr 13, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
File Transfer...
07-04-2014
Interview........
20-06-2014 denied Nov 1, 2014 application for appeal sent nov 15, 2014
Passport Req..
blue book received march 2015
rania.aiss said:
Hey,

I received an email from them on March 1st, asking to fill up IMM 5562, to send the original copy of the police record(the arabic version), to renew his passport and send copy of 2 first pages and tp pay the permanent resident fee as well.
Does anyone know to make the payment from Algeria ( I don't have a credit card)?

As of March 14th:

Application status: We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

I think you maybe able a bank and can make a payment there which they can wire to the cic. Or your sponsor could do that in Canada.
Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: Your application is in progress. The next step is to conduct a background check.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

trikiliki

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/08/2016
AOR Received.
22/09/2016
File Transfer...
22/09/2016
Med's Done....
PASSED UPFRONT
Interview........
RECOMMENDED
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
soblue3 said:
hi, interview is always before the security and background checks. in general they like to establish eligibility before doing the other checks which are time consuming and expensive. Since my husband had a large family our background and security checks took over 8 months.
Oh wow, ok thanks for shedding some light on that. Are you still awaiting your appeal!!

Aquarian

Jun 10, 2013
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris, France (Algeria)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2013
AOR Received.
Received only when we made request
File Transfer...
31-05-2013
Med's Request
11-07-2013 (Meds passed)
Med's Done....
19-02-2013
Interview........
01-10-2013
Passport Req..
01-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2013
LANDED..........
05-02-2014
soblue3 said:
I am not so sure that this is always the case. I believe that sometimes the decision is already made when they give a date for the interview. Mine was interviewed and given his visa the same day, therefore, all checks were already done. I guess it depends on each case.

BethanyM

May 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2016
Doc's Request.
30-09-2016
AOR Received.
03-06-2016
IELTS Request
SA 19-07-2016
File Transfer...
22-07-2016
Med's Request
Med's Done....
April 2016
Interview........
26-09-2016
Passport Req..
WAITING SOON PLEASE
VISA ISSUED...
SOON I HOPE
LANDED..........
ASAP
trikiliki said:
In our case they didn't start the background checks until after the interview was complete.
I think they anticipated the interview may not go well because of our cultural differences.
But following the interview we were advised in writing that our relationship is accepted and they would go ahead with background checks.

BethanyM

May 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2016
Doc's Request.
30-09-2016
AOR Received.
03-06-2016
IELTS Request
SA 19-07-2016
File Transfer...
22-07-2016
Med's Request
Med's Done....
April 2016
Interview........
26-09-2016
Passport Req..
WAITING SOON PLEASE
VISA ISSUED...
SOON I HOPE
LANDED..........
ASAP
rania.aiss said:
Hey,

As of March 14th:

My husband is Algerian also. Our status is exactly the same as you indicate on March 14th.

Regarding payment, I don't know of any way to pay from Algeria. The easiest is if you can pay from Canada and
he can print the receipt and submit it.

Hope it works out well for you.

icewizard

Star Member
Feb 10, 2016
Paris, France
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris, France
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2017
AOR Received.
25-01-2017
Med's Request
N/A - Upfront
Med's Done....
03-12-2016
Passport Req..
06-04-2017
Hello all,
I hope you're doing all well, and wish all applications are going as smoothly and quickly as possible.

I'm wondering regarding the PPR, should i send it in "courrier suivi" (tracked snail mail), or "recommandé AR" (registered mail with notice of reception)? Maybe my wife (canadian citizen) can drop it manually and ask a signature on a copy of the PPR letter (we live 30 minutes by transit to the Canadian Embassy/Consulate).

What have you done and especially what do you advise?

carriedomitin

Star Member
Dec 21, 2015
Hampton, NB
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
Doc's Request.
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
26-11-2016
Med's Done....
15-01-2016,upfront, extended
Interview........
Waived, Decision Made - 24-03-2017
Passport Req..
No PPR, new identity photos requested on 28-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 04-05-2017
icewizard said:
Hello all,
I hope you're doing all well, and wish all applications are going as smoothly and quickly as possible.

I'm wondering regarding the PPR, should i send it in "courrier suivi" (tracked snail mail), or "recommandé AR" (registered mail with notice of reception)? Maybe my wife (canadian citizen) can drop it manually and ask a signature on a copy of the PPR letter (we live 30 minutes by transit to the Canadian Embassy/Consulate).

What have you done and especially what do you advise?
I am not sure if she can drop it off manually or not but if you mail it, it would be best for you to send it by registered mail with a notice of reception as they are very important documents. My husband sent his identity photos to the Paris VO from Reunion Island by registered mail just to be safe to make sure they arrived as quickly as possible and that they got into the right hands.

trikiliki

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/08/2016
AOR Received.
22/09/2016
File Transfer...
22/09/2016
Med's Done....
PASSED UPFRONT
Interview........
RECOMMENDED
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
BethanyM said:
Bethany, still nothing??