Sa3Sa3

Apr 11, 2012
Saskatoon
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2012-07-27
forja said:
i see because after updating file in process 2 or 3 weeks later it change to decision made , this is what i realized after seeing other applicants who got decision made .

alger VAC is visa cente or the canadian embassy , so your wife is going to drop her passport at embassy in alger ,and its the same embassy who is going to stamp the visa , they dont need to send to paris because its them who issue the visa for algerian citizen .
Will they stamp it and return it back in the same day? or will it take sometime and then they send it by mail?
Or is it also an option if its taking sometime that we go back to them to get the passport instead of the mail?
I am too concerned about the mail communication. It is not practical in our countries.

Sa3Sa3

Apr 11, 2012
Saskatoon
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2012-07-27
noiro_dz said:
I waited for a while ( around a month or so) but nothing changed so I sent them an email asking them what was happening, never got an answer but my e-cas was changed to in process a few days after I sent my email so maybe it was useful, maybe not...
I noticed that whenever we send an email or give them a call, we don't receive an answer from them. But, something in our file happens.

The first time I called, my status changed in the system the second day.
The second time I called, I received the SA
The third time I sent them an email, I received the documents request email from them two days later.

It looks like these communications that we make to them are useful!

forja

Star Member
Dec 19, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sa3Sa3 said:
Will they stamp it and return it back in the same day? or will it take sometime and then they send it by mail?
Or is it also an option if its taking sometime that we go back to them to get the passport instead of the mail?
I am too concerned about the mail communication. It is not practical in our countries.
they are going to ask your wife to drop her passport at the embassy personally , for exemple at morning and they will ask her to come back afternon to receive her passport , because they only stick the visa on the passport .
i know that you cannot send passport by mail , for this reason they ask to deliver the passport personally at canadian embassy in alger , and maybe let her at waiting room watching a documentary about canada while sticking visa on her passport .

Sa3Sa3

Apr 11, 2012
Saskatoon
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2012-07-27
forja said:
they are going to ask your wife to drop her passport at the embassy personally , for exemple at morning and they will ask her to come back afternon to receive her passport , because they only stick the visa on the passport .
i know that you cannot send passport by mail , for this reason they ask to deliver the passport personally at canadian embassy in alger , and maybe let her at waiting room watching a documentary about canada while sticking visa on her passport .
Excellent. That is a big relief for me.

One more question. Will they give her the COPR too in person, or is it something that has to be sent by mail?

Sa3Sa3

Apr 11, 2012
Saskatoon
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2012-07-27
rocky30 said:
RYIT... congrats on your COPR.. will take your advice and will just keep away from ECAS for some time 8) ... And yes our dates are just same for app received, AOR and SA ... So i guess my approval is not far away so patience is the key ...
Congrats for the passport request :)

It took you 99 days after SA to get the visa approval. I need to wait for two months more :'( :-[ ::) :eek:

forja

Star Member
Dec 19, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sa3Sa3 said:
Excellent. That is a big relief for me.

One more question. Will they give her the COPR too in person, or is it something that has to be sent by mail?
they will give her COPR with passport in person , sometimes they staple the COPR with passport , cause its very important document after landing for SIN , and heath card , and sometimes its usefull to apply for jobs.

wnjn

May 6, 2015
Hello everyone,

my husbands status just changed to "in process" on Ecas, after being "application received" for almost 4 months.

Does anyone know how long paris office usually takes from "in process" to passport request?

Thanks

Vera16

Star Member
Jan 9, 2015
South West France
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/05/2014
Doc's Request.
04/20/2015
AOR Received.
02/25/2015
File Transfer...
02/27/2015
Med's Request
02/27/2015
Med's Done....
03/11/2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
no visa country
VISA ISSUED...
06/24/2015
LANDED..........
08/28/2015
wnjn : Congratulation! I wish I could unswer your question ;)
We kind of have the same time frame with like 2 weeks apart. I am waiting for my "Decision made" change any day....I 'll keep you in touch

wnjn

May 6, 2015
Vera16 said:
wnjn : Congratulation! I wish I could unswer your question ;)
We kind of have the same time frame with like 2 weeks apart. I am waiting for my "Decision made" change any day....I 'll keep you in touch
Thanks vera16. will keep in touch aswell. hopefully all of us will have good news soon, starting to get inpatient to be quite honest :(

mixoqc

Apr 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/02/2015
AOR Received.
28/04/2015
Med's Done....
09/01/2015
source_code said:
The info about mixoqc in the spreadsheet is wrong. :p he said he received the letter of DM about SA by mail on 5/6/2015 ... Not the COPR! :p
yep all should be in order now,

ecas status changed today im now IN PROCESS

they start processing the 9 june.
13th feb applicant here .

rocky30

May 26, 2015
I got a passport request from Paris office on 12th and now the Ecas shows Decision made too .... just waiting for the COPR and Passport back .. i am super excited ..

WNJN i suggest little more patience( even i didnt have that patience when i was in ur situation.. but it does help) .. you never know when they will just update Ecas and call you .. all paris applicants are already receiving thier visas I sincerely hope you are next :)

Sa3Sa3

Apr 11, 2012
Saskatoon
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2012-07-27
I sent them an inquiry last week and received the following reply :

Dear Applicant,

The above mentioned application is currently under processing at our office. You will receive in the course of the next couple of months, an invitation to attend an interview with an office at our office in Algiers. Until then, we thank you in advance for your collaboration and patience

:'(

MisbahNabeel

Star Member
Jul 8, 2014
Lisbon
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Doc's Request.
September 2, October 11 2014, and February 13 2015
AOR Received.
13 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
13 Aug 2014
Med's Request
27th July 2015
Med's Done....
5th August 2015
Interview........
21-07-2015
Passport Req..
5th October 2015
VISA ISSUED...
21st October 2015
LANDED..........
17th November 2015
Sa3sa3
You might have interview as per email saying and I think you should order notes right away so exact after 30 days in notes you may find interview date and concern or red flags for interview been called !

Vera16

Star Member
Jan 9, 2015
South West France
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/05/2014
Doc's Request.
04/20/2015
AOR Received.
02/25/2015
File Transfer...
02/27/2015
Med's Request
02/27/2015
Med's Done....
03/11/2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
no visa country
VISA ISSUED...
06/24/2015
LANDED..........
08/28/2015
Sa3sa3 : Maybe (maybe because nobody can be sure of nothing) don't be too pushy...your sponsorship was approuved on May 6th.
If you look on CIC site, Paris VO has a 8 month average time to treat an application...May 6th, we are June 16 and you sent an inquiry last week?!? just 1 month after they received your application from Mississauga...Maybe they didn't like it.
Just cool down now and try the low profil, Canadian don't like to be push and will ceised the occasion to teach you to wait your turn and follow rules.
I hope it is just that, but in case, be ready for interview.
I understand you impatience, trust me, it is very hard right now for us to wait and wait when we know we are close to the end...
I wish you good luck :-X

Sa3Sa3

Apr 11, 2012
Saskatoon
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2012-07-27
MisbahNabeel said:
Sa3sa3
You might have interview as per email saying and I think you should order notes right away so exact after 30 days in notes you may find interview date and concern or red flags for interview been called !
Thanks for the advice!