+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ParentsTRV..Applied online..exceeds processing time

sunnydel

Apr 4, 2018
I have applied TRV for my parents who are in india via online application.
I am PR in Canada
Date applied: 07 Feb, 2018
The status of my applicationis unchanged.
even the eligibility check has not started for my application.
CIC processing time is 15 days and it has been more than 54 days.
i have send a webform directing to Chandigarh office.
Please need your help i nundestanding the scenario that why the application review has not started yet

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I have applied TRV for my parents who are in india via online application.
I am PR in Canada
Date applied: 07 Feb, 2018
The status of my applicationis unchanged.
even the eligibility check has not started for my application.
CIC processing time is 15 days and it has been more than 54 days.
i have send a webform directing to Chandigarh office.
Please need your help i nundestanding the scenario that why the application review has not started yet
Do your parents work in the defense services or police or a government department?

Arvi_48

Apr 4, 2018
Hi Sunnydel,

Mine case is same as yours. I too have applied on 7th feb,2018 and still waiting.I have raised a CSE but got a response saying that same has been sent to concerned officer.
Now after another 2-3 weeks have raised another CSE and waiting for response.

A friend of mine has applied a month after me i.e. 7th March,2018 and got PPR in 20 days.So, this is not happening sequentially and appears to be more of a random thing.

So, I too am trying to understand and weighing on the options of If I shall withdraw and submit a new application or to keep on waiting.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks for the quick reply @Bryanna
No. My father was a banker and now retired
although the bank was a government undertaking bank
and my mother was always a housewife.
In that case, there aren't any background checks which are delaying the processing. Perhaps the visa office has received a high volume of applications.

You could send another CSE + an email to the CHD VO requesting them to let you know if they need any additional documents to make a decision

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
So, I too am trying to understand and weighing on the options of If I shall withdraw and submit a new application or to keep on waiting.
Don't withdraw the applications. The visa office may/may not allow it + if you reapply then you will be at the end of the processing queue/at square one

Arvi_48

Apr 4, 2018
Thanks Bryanna for your valuable inputs.

Can you please suggest what I should be doing in my present situation.
As, I am unable to get any sort of inputs from their side and need to plan ahead and it has taken 2 months which are many folds more than estimated timelines for me to hear back from them.

As far as occupation of my parents is concerned :
My father works for state government and my mother is a teacher.

Regards,
Arvi

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So, they have plans to travel somewhere else? If not, do nothing and keep waiting until the visa office made the decision.

Thanks Bryanna for your valuable inputs.

Can you please suggest what I should be doing in my present situation.
As, I am unable to get any sort of inputs from their side and need to plan ahead and it has taken 2 months which are many folds more than estimated timelines for me to hear back from them.

As far as occupation of my parents is concerned :
My father works for state government and my mother is a teacher.

Regards,
Arvi

Arvi_48

Apr 4, 2018
So, they have plans to travel somewhere else? If not, do nothing and keep waiting until the visa office made the decision.
Plan was to have them here next month and no plans to travel anywhere else. My only concern is even review of my application has not started,which gets triggered within a week for most of the applicants and for me its been 2 months. Hope you understand my concern.

Thanks for your reply!!!

sunnydel

Apr 4, 2018
Hi @Bryanna
My younger brother is also graduating on May and his graduation ceremony falls on may 05. Do you thing we should add the letter from his university. Or it will contradict with the statement of purpoose we send in the application in which I metioned that they should come to canada to visit us.

regards
sunny
In that case, there aren't any background checks which are delaying the processing. Perhaps the visa office has received a high volume of applications.

You could send another CSE + an email to the CHD VO requesting them to let you know if they need any additional documents to make a decision

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi @Bryanna
My younger brother is also graduating on May and his graduation ceremony falls on may 05. Do you thing we should add the letter from his university. Or it will contradict with the statement of purpoose we send in the application in which I metioned that they should come to canada to visit us.
Yes, you can certainly include his graduation ceremony as ONE of the reasons to visit. Don't make it the only reason for their visit. They can include a detailed day-by-day plan for their visit for the graduation/ sightseeing/ spending time with you, etc