+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents Visitor Visa rejected- Tips on reapplying?

rajiyer

Star Member
Nov 19, 2020
Hi members,

My father and mother's visitor visa was rejected today with the reasons below-

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by
paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/
section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will
leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• You have significant family ties in Canada.
• You do not have significant family ties outside Canada.
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the
details you have provided in your application.

We did everything right- showed duration of stay only 2 weeks, showed all of our assets in India(~$600k), I am a PR with a good job and I haven't been back to India for 4 years. I am the only son and I understand this causes a little suspicion during visitor visa filing. My main questions are-

1. What can I do better to get an approval? Anything else I need to show?
2. What are the approval prospects for a supervisa? Should I go for supervisa if I meet the requirements?

Shahid12

Nov 9, 2019
Hi members,

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by
paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/
section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the

We did everything right- showed duration of stay only 2 weeks, showed all of our assets in India(~$600k), I am a PR with a good job and I haven't been back to India for 4 years. I am the only son and I understand this causes a little suspicion during visitor visa filing. My main questions are-

2. What are the approval prospects for a supervisa? Should I go for supervisa if I meet the requirements?
Order GCMS Notes, then you can get the exact reason why the officer is not convinced.
For Super Visa, you would have to respond to those concerns.
Good Luck

rajiyer

Star Member
Nov 19, 2020
Order GCMS Notes, then you can get the exact reason why the officer is not convinced.
For Super Visa, you would have to respond to those concerns.
Good Luck
Yes planning to ordergcms notes for the exact reason. Thank you

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Hi members,

What home ties did you show for them? Pension?

Since you are a PR , Super visa is ideally the category for you

You can reapply VV and try your luck. If you feel this is a completely wrong set of reasons, invoke Rule 9 and do a Judicial review to settle this

rajiyer

Star Member
Nov 19, 2020
What home ties did you show for them? Pension?

Since you are a PR , Super visa is ideally the category for you

You can reapply VV and try your luck. If you feel this is a completely wrong set of reasons, invoke Rule 9 and do a Judicial review to settle this
We showed properties and job for home ties. We also showed pension.

I will reapply for VV but will also apply for SV.I will keep Rule 9 in mind and take a look at this. Thank you so much for your input!

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
We showed properties and job for home ties. We also showed pension.

I will reapply for VV but will also apply for SV.I will keep Rule 9 in mind and take a look at this. Thank you so much for your input!
If I am in your situation, I will not do VV & SV

Just either or

Reactions: rajiyer

Aashy09

Oct 13, 2016
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
29/06/2017
AOR Received.
25/07/2017
Hi members,

My MIL’s visitor visa also got rejected on the basis of financial grounds. We reapplied within a month this time under supervisa cateogry and it got approved. So apply supervisa it has very low rejection chances

Reactions: Shahid12