+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents' visitor visa application is refused, I think the visa office made a mistake

Apr 28, 2023
Hey everyone, I need your help.

I applied visitor visa for my parents on March 10. And on April 1, I received the Request letter about payment of the Biometric fee. I paid right away. The letter said once the fee is paid, I will receive further instructions on when and how to give the biometrics. But I never did. And today, I received a new message saying my application was refused because "you have not complied with the requirement to provide your biometric information as per section 10.01 of the IRPA" and "you have not provided the required fees for the type of document that you are requesting. " I am 100% sure I uploaded the recipe to the website within the ten days required in the request letter. And I received no further communications about how and when to provide the biometric.

Is there something I missed? On the website of the biometric facility, they say that I need a Biometric Instruction Letter. I remembered I had one of those when I got my PR card. But I never received any on my parents' visitor visa application.

What should I do? I tried calling, but the waiting was long.