+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents TRV -very scared please helppp !!!!!!!

cec2325

Mar 4, 2013
Hello all,

I am a PR and i have lived in canada for 8 years. I went to school and now i work at a decent job and make way above LICO. my parents are going apply for trv from India. I have below concerns.

purpose : my graduation ceremony ( I studied 2 years part time at uni while working)

1. I am the only child and my mom is a housewife, hence dependent on my dad. Only my dad's mom live in india with them.(not very strong family ties)
2. My Parents do not own a property and are renting a house. They are planning to show 7000 K in bank account in INR.
3. They do not have any travel history.

Good points
1. My dad is a govt official and 3 years before retirement. He will obviously have to go back to india to his job to get retirement benefits.
2. I am willing to show full financial support (airfare, food, accomodation, misc expense, insurance, and any other cost)

I also own ahouse in canada and can show that my parents will be living with me there. I am looking to invite them for 1.5 months.

How can they prove the will go back ???
Please help guys this is very imp for me...... please

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

From what you've written, you must provide explanations and evidence of your parents ties to India (for eg):
Family Ties: Your dad's mom as she is dependent on your parents but not traveling with them.... You could give details of your Immediate Family + Extended Family in India (very briefly)

Your Dad's Employment: Proofs/Evidence (pay stubs, employment letter, approval for time off work letter, bank statements, etc)

Property Rental: Copy of Rental Agreement, rent receipts, etc.... is it a government accommodation?

Financial Ties: Investments, PF, PPF, Gratuity, Shares/Stocks, mutual funds, etc (whichever is applicable)

Social Ties: If your parents are active members of a social/legal group (for eg: Members of say Rotary Club, or members of their Housing Society, etc)

Btw are they showing INR 7000 or is it CAD 7000? Either ways the amount is very low to apply for both your parents TRVs

All the best :)

cec2325

Mar 4, 2013
Thank you so much for your answers.it is cad 7000.00
At this time they are unable to show more funds. This is why I am a little scared but i willing to show full support financially. has anyone have had any success with this much approx amount for sufficient funds before ?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi again,

Ok. CAD 7000 is what's in their bank accounts. Can they show any other investments which are not locked-in... and these funds can be made available for their trip, if necessary, although you will take care of their accommodation/living expenses in Canada.

For eg: FDs, Shares/stocks, Gold Bonds, Mutual Funds, Foreign Currency, etc?? If yes, then they can provide an explanation for this.... these investments can help to strengthen their financial situation for their visa applications

All the best :)

cec2325

Mar 4, 2013
Would it be better if I applied for supervisa. My only concrrn with that is how do I justify supervisa for only a visit of 1-2 months.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Applying for a Super Visa could incorrectly indicate that your dad is able to take considerable time off work.

Your parents ties to Canada will appear stronger than those to India (with you as their only child living in Canada + no other immediate family in India + no property/land ownership in India, ability to take time off work, etc etc

You can leverage your dad's employment + your grandmom's dependence on your parents + any financial investments, etc for a TRV

Hope this helps :)

chandrats

Dec 20, 2012
Hi cec2325,

Did you got TRV for your parents. I am also in the same situation as yours, but my Dad is retired and only thing is we have some agriculture land bank in India which my dad is now looking into.

Regards,
C