+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents TRV Refused

User1607

May 23, 2019
I am a Permanent Resident
Moved to Canada in December 2018
Meet someone from India here and we have decided to get married in Canada by November 2019
He is also a Permanent Resident and has settled here since July 2017

My Parents wanted to be a part of the wedding and applied for a TRV in April 2019 and got refused on the below grounds:
  • based on your travel history;
  • based on your personal assets and financial status;
  • based on the purpose of your visit.
They had applied through an agent back in India and she made a grave mistake of not mentioning that I had moved to Canada (in the family form) and convinced them to apply their case as a tourist visiting Canada in a group tour. She also did not include a covering letter through them. All in all it was a mistake to take their assistance and completely trust them with the case.

I understand that we could be banned for misrepresentation whether it is directly or indirectly done by us.We are now going to reapply their TRV by end of June or July 2019 .

I need your advise on the below :

Should I mention that we are getting married in all documents (invitation letter from me / covering letter from them/ letter of explanation) and include a wedding invitation

OR Should I just say that they are coming to visit me and keep the wedding out of this whole mess.

In any case, I will be attaching a letter of explanation and will cover all the grounds mentioned for refusal and will also mention that a mistake was made and we apologize for the same.

Any advise on this will be appreciated.