+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents Super Visa April 2024 Timeline

May 1, 2024
Nope married and have 2 kids, I’m Canadian, last year income was around 180k. Yes savings too. Yes other children’s and grand children’s, and a house.
Bro with 180k income you are chilling you can sponsee me too ahahah
Don’t worry if the application was submitted correctly it’s 100%

zahedali

Star Member
Aug 16, 2016
Don't worry and you will get it soon .
Have you done the upfront medical?
Also please may I know from which country you applied for your parents
no I didn’t even know about such options :(
From India

just a thought can I do medical now and raise webform?

zahedali

Star Member
Aug 16, 2016
I think so. Did you check the tracker? What's the eligibility status?
this is what it shows in tracker

Biometrics : Completed
Medical exam : Not started
Eligibility : In progress
Background verification : In progress

I have booked my parents Medical exam tomorrow, after this planning to use Web form to upload the acknowledgement. Is this ok?

zahedali

Star Member
Aug 16, 2016
@sh.rahmani
Just got on my tracker this...

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:

• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.
• I am not satisfied with proof of relationship on file.

I do not have any birth certificate., that's the reason i provided the Indian passport copy to prove the relationship and i guess they did not take it :(

Can i still go ahead and do the parents medical now and apply the application with proper information again ?

Last edited:

Star Member
Aug 6, 2018
Super visa status of my mother :

Applied: Apr 9
Biometric :completed
Medical Passed: Upfront medical done, not updated
Eligibility : Not started
Background Check : In progress
PPR : Waiting.

Star Member
Aug 6, 2018
Hi All,

I am starting this thread for folks to track super visa application submissions made in April 2024. Here's the status of my mom's application:

Application submitted: 09 April, 2024
BL: 12 April, 2024 (Updated from Previous rejected visitor visa 2023)
Medical passed: Not yet (Planning for upfront, will update here)
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
PPR: Not yet
Hi have you got any update??? We have same timeline

May 1, 2024
@sh.rahmani
Just got on my tracker this...

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:

• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.
• I am not satisfied with proof of relationship on file.

I do not have any birth certificate., that's the reason i provided the Indian passport copy to prove the relationship and i guess they did not take it :(

Can i still go ahead and do the parents me medical now and apply the application with proper information again ?
Sorry to hear.
If you are applying again you need to consider both things not just the proof of relationship.
officer is convinced that your parents will leave Canada possibly due to lack of ties to their country and/or financial situation.

Reactions: zahedali

zahedali

Star Member
Aug 16, 2016
Sorry to hear.
If you are applying again you need to consider both things not just the proof of relationship.
officer is convinced that your parents will leave Canada possibly due to lack of ties to their country and/or financial situation.
Yes you are right, so I need to modify my invitation letter in such a way to convince the officer that they for sure leave the country.
Also can i reapply immediately? means tomorrow i have my parents medicals so i would consider that as upfront and apply.

May 1, 2024
FIRST TIME APPLYING.
Super visa status of my father (AGE: 59) ( Residing in Syria ) Biometrics submitted in VFS Lebanon.
My status: Canadian Citizen
Material status: single

Family size including the invited parent is 2 people.
My father owns a market, two houses, a farm, a warehouse, and a car ( All provided as additional documents). No banks in Syria due to sanctions but has savings in cash.
I work a full time job with an annual salary well above the LICO requirements and I also work part-time from home on weekends. Proof of employment attached along with NOA and bank statements of both chequing and saving accounts for the past four months.
Insurance purchased from Travel shield with zero deductibles but in instalments will be active upon arrival.

Applied: Apr 4 // I applied on his behalf online from Montreal, and submitted IMM representative form
Biometrics : Received on Apr 15 status changed to completed on APR 16
Medicals: Upfront medical still not updated ( Provided reference number )
Eligibility : did not start
Background Check : did not start
PPR : did not start
Update May 15th
Medical completed
Eligibility in not started
Background in progress
Office processing is Amman Jordan

May 1, 2024
Yes you are right, so I need to modify my invitation letter in such a way to convince the officer that they for sure leave the country.
Also can i reapply immediately? means tomorrow i have my parents medicals so i would consider that as upfront and apply.
You can apply immediately but I would advise you make drastic changes before you do because a second refusal will make your future chances very slim.
Drastic changes include but not limited to the invitation letter. You need evidence and proof that they are returning to India in many cases it should be easy to convince them unless there is something wrong and usually you should be able to know what that thing is and change it.

zahedali

Star Member
Aug 16, 2016
You can apply immediately but I would advise you make drastic changes before you do because a second refusal will make your future chances very slim.
Drastic changes include but not limited to the invitation letter. You need evidence and proof that they are returning to India in many cases it should be easy to convince them unless there is something wrong and usually you should be able to know what that thing is and change it.
I think the problem is in my invitation letter the below part needs to be more specific it's just the reason.. sharing here so others don't do the same mistake or even correct me.

"During their stay in Canada, Mom (XXX) & Dad (XXX) will live with us in our home at above mentioned address, which we will bear all their responsibilities including, but not limited to, financial responsibilities, return air ticket fare to travel from India to Canada and back, travel expenses within Canada, medical insurance, housing and food.

We have enough funds to bear all the expenses mentioned here. We undertake to make sure that both the parents do not remain in Canada further than the period allowed for her stay and that they will return to India as stated by the conditions of their visa.

Please note that Mom (XXX) & Dad (XXX) does not have any intention to settle in Canada permanently, since my brother, sister’s and their grandchildren are living in India, so my parents will return to home to be with them. Also, I have included land property documents of parents to show their ties to home country (India)."