+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents sponsorship processing time going up

bokikiki

Apr 4, 2015
Back in late Dec 2014, the waiting time for assessing the sponsor was 41 months, now (3 months later) is 47 months. How is that even possible?!
With all their programs to reduce the backlog, i.e. suspending the new applications for more than 2 years (Nov '11 - Jan 14), then the 5 thousand application cap per year starting with 2014, all that combined with the promise to admit tens of thousands per year on that family class.
And still, both sponsor and applicant's processing times go up instead of going down, what a big joke this all is.
It's 10 years in my case (47 + 73 months) up 18 months comparing to 3 months ago.
Anyone knows what's going on?

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
I don't know but it's really frustrating. We'd also have to wait for 10 years if I choose to sponsor, which is just ridiculous. Let alone the fact that my mom could work if she came here within the next few years and contribute to the economy as much as she can, while I cannot be absolutely sure about that if it's in 10 years from now. She will become a PR anyway, sooner or later, so obviously sooner would be better for everyone.

bokikiki

Apr 4, 2015
Yeah, it's a joke. What they said 2 years ago is this:

Citizenship and Immigration Minster Jason Kenney in a news conference held on May 10, 2013 described the problem as follows:
If we applied that [old] policy, we’d be on track for a backlog of 272,000 people by 2015 in this program, waiting for 16 years. That’s not acceptable. That’s not good enough for new Canadians. Instead, as a result of these efforts, we're on track for a backlog of 43,000 in 2015 and one to two year wait times.

That's what they said. And look what we (or I) have now, in 2015? 10 years waiting time, blah.