+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents Sponsorship - Police Clearance Certificate question

reshmi.1986

May 19, 2016
Hi,

I applied for Parents Sponsorship. I recently received a request for PCC and Medicals.

A couple of questions.

#1) My Parents are originally from India but they are living with me in Canada on Super Visa.
Is it possible to get PCC from BLS in Canada ?

The reason i am asking is BLS website says :
- Proof of work status in Canada: Valid PR Card or Work Permit or Study permit (This should be valid for at least 6 months).

So as visitors, is it possible to get their PCC in Canada?

#2) The email from CIC specifies a deadline of 45 days to get PCC.
If for some reason, it takes longer, does it mean my Sponsorship Application will be closed?
Its a lot of effort to apply among too many uncertainties. It will be difficult if the application is refused.

Can you please provide your advice.

Thanks in advance.

AG15

May 3, 2016
Visa Office......
Ndvo
reshmi.1986 said:
Hi,

I applied for Parents Sponsorship. I recently received a request for PCC and Medicals.

A couple of questions.

#1) My Parents are originally from India but they are living with me in Canada on Super Visa.
Is it possible to get PCC from BLS in Canada ?

The reason i am asking is BLS website says :
- Proof of work status in Canada: Valid PR Card or Work Permit or Study permit (This should be valid for at least 6 months).

So as visitors, is it possible to get their PCC in Canada?

#2) The email from CIC specifies a deadline of 45 days to get PCC.
If for some reason, it takes longer, does it mean my Sponsorship Application will be closed?
Its a lot of effort to apply among too many uncertainties. It will be difficult if the application is refused.

Can you please provide your advice.

Thanks in advance.

Yes you can get pcc from Bls but you need to send them orignal passport for pcc.

Do write email to cic and inform them about any delays.

Rahimi

Star Member
Jan 24, 2008
HI DEAR,

I have a question about super visa for parents how it works basically please i need some help because i am trying to bring my father to Canada and i do not know how it works and what is the requirement .

I was wondering what is the easiest way for parents to join with their love ones in Canada.

and how long it takes for application processing .

thanks, please need some help.

AG15

May 3, 2016
Visa Office......
Ndvo
Rahimi said:
HI DEAR,

I have a question about super visa for parents how it works basically please i need some help because i am trying to bring my father to Canada and i do not know how it works and what is the requirement .

I was wondering what is the easiest way for parents to join with their love ones in Canada.

and how long it takes for application processing .

thanks, please need some help.

Hi dear check the below link for deatiled information .

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/supervisa.asp

Har_hi

Mar 19, 2018
Thanks.. I was able to get PCC for my parents. It took 3 weeks from BLS.
Hi Reshmi,
I was looking for the same information.Can we get medicals done in Canada as well and passport submission for PR stamp can be done in Canada as well?
I will really appreciate if you can shed some light on this, since u been through the process.