+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents sponsorship - please help!!!

Timerlan

Aug 10, 2009
Hello,
I'm sponsoring my parents living with my sister together.
She (my sister) already got her medical and criminal checking docs for her family.
For our parents we are already waiting for 2 years for permission for sponsorship. So, situation is: sister with her family mast move to Canada due to the different family reasons: age, kids, etc.
Parents cannot stay alone - they are very dependent on us (financially, emotionally and in general they never been alone).
What to do?? We are ready to buy private medical insurance for them.
But how long they may stay with us on visitor's visa?
Is there any other way to make this process faster?
Honestly, i'm ready to cry... I don't know what to do, who may help us?
I will appreciate any help or advice...

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Timerlan please don't cry!.
You can always find a solution for this matter.
Once your parents are staying with you on visit visa, you can get it extended by paying additional charges.
Usually, the parents sponsoring and PR visa formalities will be completed around 5 (five) years.

Timerlan

Aug 10, 2009
Thank you, wilson!
Total 5 years, and we already waiting for 2, so left only 3 years... Already better! Question is - will Canada agree to extend Visa for our parents for additonal 3 years? May they send them back to their country if there are nobody from our family anymore? For extending Visa they will need to pass medical check up? And if medical will be a problem? They are not very healty of course... People 75+ usually have health problems. Some of them are serious.
Can we appeal decision made based on medical results?
May be i'm asking too many questions, but it is scarry situation.
I appreciate all time spend to answer my "crying" posts, and all advises given...
Thank you everybody!

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Have you hired a lawyer or consultant to help you with this? My concern is that if they have serious health issues, then the likelihood of them being approved is slim depeding the issues due to the "excessive demand" reason for inadmissibility. You might want to request Humanitarian and Compassionate consideration.

It's great to get advice from a board like this. People are wonderful here. But your issues with your parents could be serious and you really need sound legal advice from a professional. H&C applications are not easy and you NEED a professional to help you. Good luck.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Parents sponsorship takes a really long time. Just approving sponsor for parents takes 31 months right now, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/process-in.asp#sponsorship and after that, their file goes to their homeland for further processing, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/08-fc-parents.asp

If you can get a visit visa for your parents, they can stay for 6 months. Before it expires, you can apply to extend it. There is never a guarantee to get visit visa extended but I have heard of people doing this successfully over and over again. Normally you have to prove that you will return home at the end of your visit visa but if you have already applied for PR and it is being processed, they will know they will not return home if they get their PR first. They may still need to show ties to home though. As well as being able to support themselves financially or that you are doing it.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Leon,

It took 63 months exactly for total processing when my parents got their visa stamped.

Timerlan

Aug 10, 2009
Thank you very much to everybody!
"Humanitarian and Compassionate consideration"
Yes, I've heard about it. It is almos impossible to apply for it without legal help. Only minus is that there are FINAL decision and without right to appeal. People are doing it, but what could happen if we'll lose?
To send back two old people, who cannot support themselves? Oh, no...
That's why I'm afraid a little bit to start this process. But I'm looking for lawyer already. Is it possible to stay in both lines: Sponsorship and Humanitarian at the same time? Would it make any difference for the processing time or decision?
Wilson - congratulations! and all the best to your parents, but 63 month to wait - some grand parents could be out of it way before getting Visa!

easylover

Jun 18, 2009
I find this situation similar to mine , just wondering if submitting an application for humanitarian consideration will void the sponsorship application for the parents that was previously submitted?

Also if the application for humanitarian consideration was rejected it can not be appealed, does this mean the parents can not be sponsored again under family class? I guess I am not sure what the restrictions are once an application for PR has been rejected and can not be appealed, what does these terms really mean?

Thanks

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
if someone could help with this matter I would appreciate it too.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
H&C is really for people who do not qualify under any other category but still should be allowed to stay in Canada for H&C reasons. A parent would qualify to be sponsored and thus, under CIC policy, is not supposed to apply under H&C.

An application like that is almost guaranteed to be rejected as it would have to show not only H&C reasons but also why the parent cannot be sponsored.