+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

parents sponsership joine here

a31

Star Member
Mar 19, 2013
VAN01 said:
hi a31 my dad also recieved this military detail form. but my question is this form is only for military service, not for police service or both. we only gave them military details but my dad worked in military and police so i dont know whether they were asking only about military or both.
Van01 its for both as they want to know all d details of military n police officers so i think u should gv all d details related to ur dad service,as one of our relative was asked to bring dis military form along wd interview n he ws in Punjab police

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
vincnet777 said:
ok guys... since the memo is out about new forms will be out dec. 31 that means there is only two day to prepare for this application.. we plan on sponsoring my parents and my wife's parents, we do meet the income requirement if you combine both income since we will be sponsoring both parents that a total of 4 people. have all CRA from 2010, 2011 and 2012, BUT

I have similar problems like what most of the readers on this forum.

1.We've been in Canada since 2009 on TWP and became PR march 2012.
Question: do we have to wait for 3 years as a PR before we can sponsor eventhough we meet the income for the past 4 years?

2. My wife will on maternity EI starting March( maternity) until Nov. 2013 this will bring our income down but will still meet income LICO + 30% will this be an issue?

3. Since all parents are still back home(Philippines) signing all documents is needed but by the time all documents are done then the cap are all met. then we have to wait..

4. I need help with finacial forms...

Family of four (4) plus 2 set of parents (4) = 8 person right?

Principal applicant is father then wife is dependant? = 1 application $450 + $550 + 75 total fee per appl.??

If my has a brother who is over 18 but will not accompany their parents , he will still need to be included in the number ( according to guide) but if I include him in the total number of family then the numbers will go up.... oh my Im confused..

If we are just starting to sponsor then how about the undertakings..

past undertaking V.S. current undertaking..

Past undertaking is very obvious to be ZERO or '0'
and current who is PR already is zero "0" how about current undertakings that is not PR yet? do I have to put any number in this spot..

I tried putting numbers in but it doesnt make any sense because the numbers dosn't add up.. Please help or even share your thoughts about this...... Thank you...
1. Do the calculation on CIC website when the program re-opens, as we do not know if the fees would go up or not.
2. You're only PR for 1 year, not sure how CIC would see this one, maybe member PMM can help on this.
3. Total of 8 seems right, make sure all income is above new LICO+30%
4. Each parental sponsorship would be separate application, you cannot send both in one envelope. So 2 envelopes, in your case.
5. Each one of you/wife must be co-signer. She will co-sign for your parents and you do it for hers.

I think the most imp. point is whether or not CIC accepts prev years on TWP as eligible for sponsorship.
If not, you will have to wait for another 2 yrs.
I personally doubt if they will allow it, but u should check with CIC

manukhan

Star Member
Sep 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Jun 2007
Doc's Request.
02 Feb 2011
AOR Received.
02 Feb 2011
File Transfer...
22 Dec 2010
Med's Request
02 Jan 2012 & 17 Mar 2013
Med's Done....
28 Jan 2012 & 22 Mar 2013
Passport Req..
16 Jan 2014
I just received the GCMS notes. It is 57 pages document. All I can understand is that the medical is passed and valid till 15th April 2014 and the criminality and security check has not yet been started. Eligibility is also passed. No due dates mentioned anywhere. It seems that last they opened the file was in July 2013. This is nerve wrecking just like the Toronto storm!!! :'( ???

itslaeq

Nov 26, 2011
Thompson MB
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06 Mar 2015
Doc's Request.
13 Jan 2016
AOR Received.
06 May 2015
File Transfer...
19 May 2015
Med's Request
18 Mar 2016 (Remedical)
Med's Done....
28 Mar 2016 (Remedical)
manukhan said:
I just received the GCMS notes. It is 57 pages document. All I can understand is that the medical is passed and valid till 15th April 2014 and the criminality and security check has not yet been started. Eligibility is also passed. No due dates mentioned anywhere. It seems that last they opened the file was in July 2013. This is nerve wrecking just like the Toronto storm!!! :'( ???
I received a similar 57 page doc. If you go through it again, you might find a due date for criminality and security in admissibilities which is just a formal date 12 months from when your application was received by CIC. The notes will give you some useful info like the current location of the file.

manukhan

Star Member
Sep 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Jun 2007
Doc's Request.
02 Feb 2011
AOR Received.
02 Feb 2011
File Transfer...
22 Dec 2010
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
16 Jan 2014
itslaeq said:
I received a similar 57 page doc. If you go through it again, you might find a due date for criminality and security in admissibilities which is just a formal date 12 months from when your application was received by CIC. The notes will give you some useful info like the current location of the file.
I checked it again, probably twice, you are right the due date is exactly 1 year from the file transfer date. Teh due date mentioned is 02-02-2012. I am more confused now. If this was the due date that what took so long???

The incoming activity says the file was sent to WVR group after the medicals were received.

irfan.khyam

Sep 5, 2013
manukhan said:
Is there anything that says when the file will be reviewed again?
Have you send them the passports?
how much time it takes to complete these checks?

My timelines are very similar than yours......and in the same boat of wait and there is no reply.

manukhan

Star Member
Sep 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Jun 2007
Doc's Request.
02 Feb 2011
AOR Received.
02 Feb 2011
File Transfer...
22 Dec 2010
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
16 Jan 2014
manukhan said:
I checked it again, probably twice, you are right the due date is exactly 1 year from the file transfer date. Teh due date mentioned is 02-02-2012. I am more confused now. If this was the due date that what took so long???
Okay, There is a Subactivity section under the Security heading for my father (Principal applicant). It says Type: Security screening; Status: seems to be erased. I have doubts about being erased because I received the scanned file i guess and not the PDF file. Can anybody tell me why?

manukhan

Star Member
Sep 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Jun 2007
Doc's Request.
02 Feb 2011
AOR Received.
02 Feb 2011
File Transfer...
22 Dec 2010
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
16 Jan 2014
irfan.khyam said:
Is there anything that says when the file will be reviewed again?
Have you send them the passports?
how much time it takes to complete these checks?

My timelines are very similar than yours......and in the same boat of wait and there is no reply.
Can you share your timeline with me brother?

As for your questions... We have not yet received the ppr and I have no idea how long will it take to complete the security and criminality checks. The VO comments at the bottom of the file says he is pretty much satisfied with the eligibility and the genuinity of the relationship. So he waived the interview for us. Thats all i could understand.

VAN01

Star Member
Aug 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
a31 said:
Van01 its for both as they want to know all d details of military n police officers so i think u should gv all d details related to ur dad service,as one of our relative was asked to bring dis military form along wd interview n he ws in Punjab police
Thanks for the reply a31. I forgot to tell u that my dad recieved a letter with that form even in that letter they did not mention anything about police records. It only says we need certified copy of your military service records along with the attached form and nothing about Police. Thats why we only sent military records only. Lets see what happens next as i dont think they gonna issue visa within this medical validity period which is end of first week of January or u never know. I will leave this to god and NDVO.

bishoo1

Star Member
Oct 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
LA & ISBD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2008
Med's Request
1st Medical November 2012 - Re Medical April 2014
Med's Done....
November 2012 - April 2014
Passport Req..
18th July 2014
VISA ISSUED...
20th August 2014
LANDED..........
30th August 2014
we havent ordered GCMS notes yet , Should we Order GCMS Notes ??

Me and my parents are sponsored by my elder brother in 2008
i am dependent i was 18 year old in 2008 when brother filed family immigration case.
We sent our medicals on 6 November 2012 and were expected to b expire on 6 November 2013 but till 20 october 2013 there was not any responce by CIC so we asked to MP on call that whats going on so he replied that validity of our medicals got extend by our immigration officer for 3 months and then after few days on 31st October 2013 our lawyer got PPR email in which written that You are required to submit your passport(s), photographs along with a copy of this letter by MAIL within the next THIRTY (30) days from the date of this letter. As the validity of your visa(s) has been already established and is limited to a fixed date, it CANNOT be extended under any circumstances. We therefore urge you to read and follow carefully the instructions below without delay:
as my parents are already in Canada as Visitor so they asked original passports for them and photocopy of mine as i am out of canada with photographs and fill form of eyecolor ,hieght etc
we sent all this via MAIL on 14 November 2013
and still waiting for passports and my original passport request
does anyone have idea whats going on with our case ??
please reply all and if someone is going through similar situation need your views about it
our VO is Los Angeles
thanks

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
bishoo1 said:
we havent ordered GCMS notes yet , Should we Order GCMS Notes ??

Me and my parents are sponsored by my elder brother in 2008
i am dependent i was 18 year old in 2008 when brother filed family immigration case.
We sent our medicals on 6 November 2012 and were expected to b expire on 6 November 2013 but till 20 october 2013 there was not any responce by CIC so we asked to MP on call that whats going on so he replied that validity of our medicals got extend by our immigration officer for 3 months and then after few days on 31st October 2013 our lawyer got PPR email in which written that You are required to submit your passport(s), photographs along with a copy of this letter by MAIL within the next THIRTY (30) days from the date of this letter. As the validity of your visa(s) has been already established and is limited to a fixed date, it CANNOT be extended under any circumstances. We therefore urge you to read and follow carefully the instructions below without delay:
as my parents are already in Canada as Visitor so they asked original passports for them and photocopy of mine as i am out of canada with photographs and fill form of eyecolor ,hieght etc
we sent all this via MAIL on 14 November 2013
and still waiting for passports and my original passport request
does anyone have idea whats going on with our case ??
please reply all and if someone is going through similar situation need your views about it
our VO is Los Angeles
thanks
Contact the VO. Send email or fax
Also inquire via MP.

Paramjitss

Jun 1, 2013
VAN01 said:
Thanks for the reply a31. I forgot to tell u that my dad recieved a letter with that form even in that letter they did not mention anything about police records. It only says we need certified copy of your military service records along with the attached form and nothing about Police. Thats why we only sent military records only. Lets see what happens next as i dont think they gonna issue visa within this medical validity period which is end of first week of January or u never know. I will leave this to god and NDVO.
We only came to know about the Military service request though GCMS notes. Never got any letter or email. So we seached online to find the form and sent them quickly through email and also registered post. By the way my parents medical expried in Nov not sure if CIC would need it again. we are on the same boat.
What was in your letter request a CERTIFIED copy or just the completed form for military record? Did your father recieve letter in india or in canada as CIC have your address in Canada and parents in india. please let me as we never got any letter explaining the details of the form?

VAN01

Star Member
Aug 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Paramjitss said:
We only came to know about the Military service request though GCMS notes. Never got any letter or email. So we seached online to find the form and sent them quickly through email and also registered post. By the way my parents medical expried in Nov not sure if CIC would need it again. we are on the same boat.
What was in your letter request a CERTIFIED copy or just the completed form for military record? Did your father recieve letter in india or in canada as CIC have your address in Canada and parents in india. please let me as we never got any letter explaining the details of the form?
Hi Paramjitss, My dad got the letter through email as they have our email address.

itslaeq

Nov 26, 2011
Thompson MB
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06 Mar 2015
Doc's Request.
13 Jan 2016
AOR Received.
06 May 2015
File Transfer...
19 May 2015
Med's Request
18 Mar 2016 (Remedical)
Med's Done....
28 Mar 2016 (Remedical)
manukhan said:
Okay, There is a Subactivity section under the Security heading for my father (Principal applicant). It says Type: Security screening; Status: seems to be erased. I have doubts about being erased because I received the scanned file i guess and not the PDF file. Can anybody tell me why?
I received a pdf file with the spaces for security and criminality blank/not started. Not erased. I am not sure why in your case but as long as you have not received any correspondence from CIC regarding such, do not worry. What is the location of your file?

manukhan

Star Member
Sep 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Jun 2007
Doc's Request.
02 Feb 2011
AOR Received.
02 Feb 2011
File Transfer...
22 Dec 2010
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
16 Jan 2014
itslaeq said:
I received a pdf file with the spaces for security and criminality blank/not started. Not erased. I am not sure why in your case but as long as you have not received any correspondence from CIC regarding such, do not worry. What is the location of your file?
I dont know buddy. I am very hopeful for January and February. The location of paper file is Registry. What does it mean?