+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

parents sponsership joine here

taking4eva

Jun 14, 2012
kandel said:
Finallly!! Congrats taking4eva :)
its a big relief right!
thanks a lot, a very big relief of course, Mom is here with me(visiting) so it was great to share the news with here in person. :)

taking4eva

Jun 14, 2012
habibmanzoor75 said:
Congratulations taking4Eva:
My timelines are also very close to yours for the additional document requests and AOR (though I originally applied in Sept 2009).
Do you have any dependants on the file? My parents are in Canada and I am wondering whether after approval the file will be transferred to LVO or Ottawa.
Also, did you provide an email on the file? In your case the status was changed very quickly as it normally takes 2 weeks.
Thank you, I sponsored my mom and dad, My timelines appears to be close to yours because as the the Call center REPs CIC had a computer glitch which caused some batch one clients not to receive request for addational documents(I am one of them), I was told that this request is only generated in batches so the batch one clients that were missed in Nov 2011 had to wait until batch 2 letters were generated at the end of March 2012. Based on the information I received from CIC they considered the four month delay they caused by sending the additional documents request late and processed the file under batch one timeline.

It`s really hard to say where file will be transfered it`s really up to how the officer that work on your file see your specific situation, the process that is in place for your country at the time your file is being processed and the time left to complete your in canada portion of the application, considering lots of procedures changes very often within CIC especially on a pilot project like this.

Email was provided on the addational information documents for my parents but I think they only use that information when they wish to communicate with my parents eg. for medicals ect.

Regarding the status change, I`m assuming they did everything they could to bring it up to par with the batch one clients.

nanapush

Oct 31, 2008
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTOWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-06-2008
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
File Transfer...
19-04-2012
Med's Request
06-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
25-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
will land on 5th Feb
On behalf of all interested parties can I ask that all newbies share their timelines . This is a supportive forum and it helps everyone if we have more information about people who are making progress and gives us an overview of how it's all working.

Canadian_Sponsor

Star Member
Oct 6, 2012
rajmalhotra7 said:
For CPP-O guys, I looked at trends in Google spreadheet and found that it'd be fair to estimate that PPR will be received in 4-5 months (max.) after medicals have been passed i.e. Date since e-cas shows 'medical results have been recieved'. There could be some exceptions because of longer time spent on background checks. Therefore, 95% of folks should see PPR within 4-5 months of having e-cas update of 'medical results have been recieved'.
My parents file is obviously well out of this average. 'Medical results have been received' appeared in ECas in February. It is October now (8 months later), and no signs of PPR :(

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadian_Sponsor said:
My parents file is obviously well out of this average. 'Medical results have been received' appeared in ECas in February. It is October now (8 months later), and no signs of PPR :(
True. Because your file was transferred from Buffalo to CPP-O, as Buffalo office got closed.

Andrei_T

Star Member
Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-FEB-2008
Doc's Request.
25-NOV-2011
File Transfer...
18-JAN-2012
Med's Request
13-FEB-2012
Med's Done....
21-FEB-2012
Passport Req..
1-NOV-2012
VISA ISSUED...
7-NOV-2012
LANDED..........
7-DEC-2012
rajmalhotra7 said:
True. Because your file was transferred from Buffalo to CPP-O, as Buffalo office got closed.
My file was in Ottawa from middle of January, medicals done in February, and I didn't get yet a passport request but maybe I am an exception too.

northclare

Star Member
May 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2009
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
File Transfer...
31-01-2012
Med's Request
21-02-2012
Med's Done....
29-02-2012
Passport Req..
25-10-2012
yesottawa said:
Hello everyone!

I am wondering if you could get status for both parents. I logged in using application number and showed that medical has bern received. Can i take that as both my parents' result bern received?

Thanks
Ecas will only show principal applicant's name, but details such as 'medical received' should apply to entire application (so principal applicant and any spouse/dependant).

northclare

Star Member
May 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2009
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
File Transfer...
31-01-2012
Med's Request
21-02-2012
Med's Done....
29-02-2012
Passport Req..
25-10-2012
Andrei_T said:
My file was in Ottawa from middle of January, medicals done in February, and I didn't get yet a passport request but maybe I am an exception too.
same for me...transferred January, medicals february, decision made august, still waiting for COPR (apparently due to technical reasons)

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
congrats @ taking4eva,

Seems they mailed your letter quickly too, our AOR for "docs are complete and in queue" took 3 weeks to arrive back in august.

habibmanzoor, do you have dependents in parental application?

kandel

Jan 2, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 April 2008
Doc's Request.
1 March 2012 Doc's Submitted: 20 Apr 2012
AOR Received.
06 July 2012
File Transfer...
25 Sep 2012 AOR Received: 16 Mar 2013
Med's Request
03 June 2013
Med's Done....
12 June 2013 Dependant......: One
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03 June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
07 Jan 2014
LANDED..........
02 Feb 2014
Nanapush and all other regular members please post this following post every now and then just to help our new members & everyone else. :)

NEWBIES or NEW MEMBERS - Add your parents sponsorship timeline in this Spreadsheet. It is helpful for you and other members. Because everyone has access to spreadsheet you can add your timeline (sponsorship information) on your own. Follow these 2 steps to do that.
Step-1 Click on the link provided in this post.
Step-2 Simply add your timeline at the very end, for example if last member's timeline is at no.156, you will be no.157. Does'nt matter when you have applied either in 2007 or 2011. Once we update the spreadsheet which we do few times a day, your timeline will be moved to where its suppose to be automatically. Then keep your timeline up to date by adding recent changes in your sponsorship application.

Here is the link for spreadsheet and its also in my signature and other member's signature as a shortcut.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArUeo9rxUq8EdHZoRmx2Z1F5ak9zcnBaYzdWTkNqVEE

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
Actuall the trend I am noticing is

Ottawa > Meds > PPR after 8-9 months from LVO
LVO > Meds, PPR ( assuming they have PCC ) > after 6-7 months and PP returns after 2 months

I guess the pace is same for both

*Exceptions will always be there*

habibmanzoor75

Oct 5, 2012
canvis2006 said:
congrats @ taking4eva,

Seems they mailed your letter quickly too, our AOR for "docs are complete and in queue" took 3 weeks to arrive back in august.

habibmanzoor, do you have dependents in parental application?
No Just my parents, no dependants.

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
user828 said:
Actuall the trend I am noticing is

Ottawa > Meds > PPR after 8-9 months from LVO
LVO > Meds, PPR ( assuming they have PCC ) > after 6-7 months and PP returns after 2 months

I guess the pace is same for both

*Exceptions will always be there*
Meds requested or Meds passed

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
northclare said:
same for me...transferred January, medicals february, decision made august, still waiting for COPR (apparently due to technical reasons)
You guys have been really unfortunate.. 2.5 months since decision made... and no PPR.... pethatic.... technical reasons??? What that could be? Either issue PPR (for LVO to stamp visa) or mail COPR (if from visa exempt country) or ask LVO to send COPR.