LANDED..........
02 Feb 2014
virksukhpal said:
Hi there
Applied for my mom n dad on June 2nd 2009
Additional documents requested 30th march 2012
Document sent on June 7th 2012
Still waiting for AOR
Why can't I log in to check the file status(ecas) for last 2-3 weeks?
Hi virsukhpal
sometimes you cant log in to your e-cas cuz they are working on your file..were you able to use it before??
and to compare your timeline you can check this following link and add your timeline as well :)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArUeo9rxUq8EdHZoRmx2Z1F5ak9zcnBaYzdWTkNqVEE

northclare

Star Member
May 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2009
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
File Transfer...
31-01-2012
Med's Request
21-02-2012
Med's Done....
29-02-2012
Passport Req..
25-10-2012
Mockava said:
Is this for applicants who are in Canada? Or everyone? Also seems it was send by email, right?
It seems unusual that applicants who are not in Canada would be asked to submit to Seattle. There was someone on another forum who was instructed to send passports to Beijing as her parents were in China. Seems logical that parents would be asked to submit to the visa office that serves theri country of residence rather than Seattle...particularly as the letter notes that Seattle will only return passports to addresses in USA and Canada.

parentsponsor

Jan 27, 2012
Mockava said:
Is this for applicants who are in Canada? Or everyone? Also seems it was send by email, right?
I believe that it is the same for all CPP-O applicants who requested the US consulates as their LVO in the additional documents previous submiited to CPC-M.

Dancu

Aug 17, 2012
parentsponsor said:
Actually there are quite a few people received their passport requests.

• Please note that we will not send mail to U.S. addresses using any commercial courier service.
• If you have already provided us with a return envelope do not send us a 2nd envelope if you mail us more documents later.
If your address is in Canada: Provide a self-addressed return envelope.
Hello everyone,

First of all, I'd like to congratulate all of you for creating such a wonderful forum for supporting ourselves for bringing our families to Canada.

I'm sponsoring my mother. I sent my application in April 2008. I received request for additional documents on December 1st, 2011. I submitted those documents a week later. My sponsorship application was approved in January 2012 and the case was transferred to CPP-Ottawa. She did the medical exam in February; medicals were received in March. Since August 4th, I see on the E-Cas "Decision Made" but I haven't received anything yet.

I've read the above post regarding the letter (or email) sent in July to similar cases to request the passports. I'm curious whether the people could include a self-addressed envelope with additional postage paid so that it could be returned more securely. I don't know what are the options in Canada for this to buy something that then somebody else could use it from the States to mail it back to Canada and also not to be from any courier service such as DHL. Or they will only return the passport (from Seattle) to Canada by regular mail - is that what they are saying?

Thanks.

Anik

Dec 13, 2011
northclare said:
It seems unusual that applicants who are not in Canada would be asked to submit to Seattle. There was someone on another forum who was instructed to send passports to Beijing as her parents were in China. Seems logical that parents would be asked to submit to the visa office that serves theri country of residence rather than Seattle...particularly as the letter notes that Seattle will only return passports to addresses in USA and Canada.
But what if parents are in Canada on visitor visa? What happens to the passport request? Would they still require passports to be sent to an LVO or do they have some other alternative? E.g sending to a US based VO or to Ottawa?
Anyone in this situation?

Mockava

Star Member
Mar 25, 2012
Mississauga
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011
Med's Request
07 mar 2012
Med's Done....
20 Mar 2012
Passport Req..
21-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2012
parentsponsor said:
I believe that it is the same for all CPP-O applicants who requested the US consulates as their LVO in the additional documents previous submiited to CPC-M.
Yes, that would make sence if you requested it, or applicant is in Canada, othervise I think it should be local visa office. That is what I wanted to confirm, who is getting these letters? All CPP-O applicants or just some?

Also in the letter for medicals it clearly says:

DO NOT TAKE OTHER STEPS TO EMIGRATE OR COME TO CANADA UNTIL OUR OFFICE HAS NOTIFIED YOU THAT YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN COMPLETED

So I dont think applicants even should be in Canada, but there are exceptions I guess with parents sponsorship, especialy when we even do not need visa to come to either Canada or USA.

virksukhpal

Aug 17, 2012
calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
ott-pilot
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
june 2nd 2009
Doc's Request.
march 31st 2012
Med's Request
sep 19th 2012
Med's Done....
oct 3rd 2012
Passport Req..
dec 5th 2012
VISA ISSUED...
feb 11 but passport recv. on feb 20th 2013
LANDED..........
first week of may
hey kandal
ECAS used to work before its just 2-3 weeks is not working... i called immigration and the lady said said they r probably working on the file but i think these phone ppl dont have any clue just the guess work....
also on the spreadsheet i couple of ppl submitted documents after me and already got AOR.... is it normal .. im not complaining or something, was wondering if they even have my file or lost it....

apple_talk

Feb 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa (Pilot)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-2007
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
AOR Received.
16-01-2012
IELTS Request
Not required
File Transfer...
16-04-2012
Med's Request
20-06-2012
Med's Done....
20-06-2012
Passport Req..
04-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2013
LANDED..........
13-02-2013
ALL MEMBER'S WITH PENDING PARENT'S APPLICATION PLEASE FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO COMPLETE CIC SURVEY
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/search-results/-t91654.0.html;msg1649073;topicseen#msg1649073

(this is for new users not aware of CIC survey, it ask for public to provide suggestion how many visas should be issued & under what class for 2012-2013 & 2013-2017)

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
Mockava said:
Yes, that would make sence if you requested it, or applicant is in Canada, othervise I think it should be local visa office. That is what I wanted to confirm, who is getting these letters? All CPP-O applicants or just some?

Also in the letter for medicals it clearly says:

DO NOT TAKE OTHER STEPS TO EMIGRATE OR COME TO CANADA UNTIL OUR OFFICE HAS NOTIFIED YOU THAT YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN COMPLETED

So I dont think applicants even should be in Canada, but there are exceptions I guess with parents sponsorship, especialy when we even do not need visa to come to either Canada or USA.
I was confused about that too but ater some clarification, it means that "don't try to enter like refugee or some other way" - it's perfectly fine to enter on Visit/Supervisa. The above statement pertains more to those who don't require any visa to enter Canada

As for CPP-O/Passport Request and US as LVO: Only those who are 'green card holders or citizens" could have picked US as LVO, anyone with 5-10 multiple US visit visa cannot pick US as LVO since they are only entitled to live 6 months at a time and requirement for other "than home country" is you have entered for atleast 1 year i.e, H-1 ( which is unlikely for Parents ) so it comes down to Green Card Holders/or citizens

CPP-O is simply a satellite office, but respective LVO's have to stamp visa ultimately and I think that's the case for "Mockava", her folks are on Supervisa, yet she was asked to send passports to home country

We haven't seen many cases for this Seattle Passport request, especially when an Indian Passport holder cannot mail passports so its unthinkable of CPP-O to ask them to mail it, only other thing is here that, if they know you are in Canada ( still doubtful ) but that can be for any file, not just CPP-O. Last time I spoke to CIC agent, she said 2 options

1) Mail Passport to Home Country ( regardless of them being in Canada )
2) Once stamped with COPR ( Make appt with immigration officer or go to US and re-enter )

We need some users from here who can tell us their experience, we haven't got any concrete data about Seattle except copy/paste from other forum - we need to know where the parents were, LVO, time etc - till then this is just a guessing game

northclare

Star Member
May 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2009
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
File Transfer...
31-01-2012
Med's Request
21-02-2012
Med's Done....
29-02-2012
Passport Req..
25-10-2012
user828 said:
CPP-O is simply a satellite office, but respective LVO's have to stamp visa ultimately and I think that's the case for "Mockava", her folks are on Supervisa, yet she was asked to send passports to home country
Mockava - did you receive passport request?...I must have missed that post...

northclare

Star Member
May 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2009
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
File Transfer...
31-01-2012
Med's Request
21-02-2012
Med's Done....
29-02-2012
Passport Req..
25-10-2012
wec660 said:
Anyone ever e-mailed or faxed to Ottawa Pilot

How long does it take for Ottawa to reply back
I have emailed on two occasions...received a response within 24-48 hours to say they were to busy to respond

wec660

Star Member
Apr 18, 2012
northclare said:
I have emailed on two occasions...received a response within 24-48 hours to say they were to busy to respond
When Ottawa replied, anything they addressed your questions, or did not give you an answer.

northclare

Star Member
May 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2009
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
File Transfer...
31-01-2012
Med's Request
21-02-2012
Med's Done....
29-02-2012
Passport Req..
25-10-2012
wec660 said:
When Ottawa replied, anything they addressed your questions, or did not give you an answer.
Did not address concerns/ answer questions...stated that if applicaitons were within the 12 month processing time they would not respond.

kandel

Jan 2, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 April 2008
Doc's Request.
1 March 2012 Doc's Submitted: 20 Apr 2012
AOR Received.
06 July 2012
File Transfer...
25 Sep 2012 AOR Received: 16 Mar 2013
Med's Request
03 June 2013
Med's Done....
12 June 2013 Dependant......: One
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03 June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
07 Jan 2014
LANDED..........
02 Feb 2014
virksukhpal said:
hey kandal
ECAS used to work before its just 2-3 weeks is not working... i called immigration and the lady said said they r probably working on the file but i think these phone ppl dont have any clue just the guess work....
also on the spreadsheet i couple of ppl submitted documents after me and already got AOR.... is it normal .. im not complaining or something, was wondering if they even have my file or lost it....
Its ok if u wanna complain :D lol everybody does.....yeah u r ryt cic agents dont know much about our files. But i do believe they are working on it. Yeah that is normal i guess you are one of those lucky ppl who receives approval letter straight. AOR is not must some ppl receives it some dont. Dont worry they have not lost your file.