25-11-2011
File Transfer...
31-01-2012
Med's Request
15-02-2012
Med's Done....
03-03-2012 and 03-07-2012
wec660 said:
How many days will take them to answer an e-mail.
about an hour to get an autoreply that they are too busy and will not answer e-mails if the processing time does not exceed 12 months...

nanapush

Oct 31, 2008
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTOWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-06-2008
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
File Transfer...
19-04-2012
Med's Request
06-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
25-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
will land on 5th Feb
saini01 said:
I don't think the policy is 60 days. My parents medical have been received 3 months back by Ottawa and still neither status changed with 'medical received' or got any additional medical request.

That's another example of how cases can seem similar but have a very different timeline. In your case you only had to wait a month to be called for medicals whereas we had to wait nearly 3 months but now we are both waiting and hoping for some new progress .Some have had cases updated very quickly and others not. We cannot expect that there is a recognisable and regular timeline as there clearly isn't so we can only wait and hope that each one of us will get there before too long.

Where are your parents coming from?

kandel

Jan 2, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 April 2008
Doc's Request.
1 March 2012 Doc's Submitted: 20 Apr 2012
AOR Received.
06 July 2012
File Transfer...
25 Sep 2012 AOR Received: 16 Mar 2013
Med's Request
03 June 2013
Med's Done....
12 June 2013 Dependant......: One
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03 June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
07 Jan 2014
LANDED..........
02 Feb 2014
Ashleen said:
Hi
You are right, I have dependents with my parents i got ducument request in november,2011 and submit the documents in January,2012. I got letter in march saying that your file is complete if any changes let the office know in New Delhi. Till now we
havenot got any medical request yet or anything. And i know a family who submit the documents at the same time as us they recieved med request in April but they donot have dependents in their case.
Hii Ashleen...so you, sonu86 and veeru41 have sent documents in January. Can you please share your timeline?

gaggidhillon

Feb 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11 april 2008
Doc's Request.
30 nov 2011
Nomination.....
27-jan-2012 doc send
AOR Received.
11-may-2012
File Transfer...
29 august 2012,AOR FROM NEW DELHI ON 9 OCTOBER 2012
Med's Request
08-NOV-2012
Med's Done....
07 dec 2012,ecas acknowledge medical on 30/12/12
Passport Req..
08-NOV-2012
VISA ISSUED...
06- march 2013 ("address change on 8 march"DM on 11 march")
LANDED..........
Last week of march
D_India said:
Hi,

Today, I see my status changed to "Decision Made". I called CIC and the agent told me that
my application approved on August 10, 2012 and the file is transferred to New Delhi as expected (I have
dependent in my case).

Thanks everyone for their best wishes and all the best to all members.
Have u got the letter of approval i am still waiting for letter

raj62

Aug 17, 2012
hi everybody
I JUST JOINED TO YOU NICE PEOPLE.CAN ANY BODY ANSWER MY QUESTION PLEASE. ON AUGUST 10 MY MOTHER APPLICATION STATUS CHANGED TO " DECISION MADE" AND DECISION HAS BEEN MADE ON YOUR FILE OFFICE WILL CONTACT CONCERNING THE DECISION" DID THEY POST LETTER TO MY MOTHER REGARDING DECISON MADE. MEDICAL WAS DON IN FEB 2012 AND ALL THE REQD DOCUMENTS WERE SENT IN MAY 2012. APPL WAS FILED IN JULY 2008. CAN ANY BODY HELP ME HOW MUCH MORE TIME THEY CAN TAKE TO FINALIZE MY CASE? PLEASE

northclare

Star Member
May 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2009
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
File Transfer...
31-01-2012
Med's Request
21-02-2012
Med's Done....
29-02-2012
Passport Req..
25-10-2012
raj62 said:
hi everybody
I JUST JOINED TO YOU NICE PEOPLE.CAN ANY BODY ANSWER MY QUESTION PLEASE. ON AUGUST 10 MY MOTHER APPLICATION STATUS CHANGED TO " DECISION MADE" AND DECISION HAS BEEN MADE ON YOUR FILE OFFICE WILL CONTACT CONCERNING THE DECISION" DID THEY POST LETTER TO MY MOTHER REGARDING DECISON MADE. MEDICAL WAS DON IN FEB 2012 AND ALL THE REQD DOCUMENTS WERE SENT IN MAY 2012. APPL WAS FILED IN JULY 2008. CAN ANY BODY HELP ME HOW MUCH MORE TIME THEY CAN TAKE TO FINALIZE MY CASE? PLEASE
There are a couple of us in the same situation, decision made appeared August 4 on ecas, but no letter/email received yet. Where is your app being processed?

D_India

Star Member
Apr 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/03/2009
Doc's Request.
30/03/2012
File Transfer...
10/08/2012 (New Delhi) AOR from LVO : 25/08/2012
Med's Request
26/11/2012
Med's Done....
08/12/2012
Passport Req..
26/11/2012
VISA ISSUED...
17/10/2013
LANDED..........
will land in November 2013
gaggidhillon said:
Have u got the letter of approval i am still waiting for letter
YES, I got the approval letter last Wednesday.

gaggidhillon

Feb 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11 april 2008
Doc's Request.
30 nov 2011
Nomination.....
27-jan-2012 doc send
AOR Received.
11-may-2012
File Transfer...
29 august 2012,AOR FROM NEW DELHI ON 9 OCTOBER 2012
Med's Request
08-NOV-2012
Med's Done....
07 dec 2012,ecas acknowledge medical on 30/12/12
Passport Req..
08-NOV-2012
VISA ISSUED...
06- march 2013 ("address change on 8 march"DM on 11 march")
LANDED..........
Last week of march
D_India said:
YES, I got the approval letter last Wednesday.
I am still waiting my sister live in vancover does it take long time to reach letter to vancover

apple_talk

Feb 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa (Pilot)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-2007
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
AOR Received.
16-01-2012
IELTS Request
Not required
File Transfer...
16-04-2012
Med's Request
20-06-2012
Med's Done....
20-06-2012
Passport Req..
04-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2013
LANDED..........
13-02-2013
Hi, whoever got "Decision Made" for Permanent Residence Application Status. If & when you receive letter can you please scan & share the letter here, you can hide your details.

sponsorparents

Dec 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-04-2008
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011<br>Doc's Delivered: 21-12-2011
File Transfer...
09-02-2012<br>PCC Submitted: 09-03-2012
Med's Request
16-04-2012
Med's Done....
25-04-2012<br>Med's Delivered: 30-04-2012<br>e-CAS Med's received: 02-06-2012
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
12-12-2012
LANDED..........
14-04-2013
Hi All, I have an update on my file, well, not really an update but some info. Couple of days back I asked MP office to do a status inquiry on the file. Below is what I got.
  • After Medicals received (I guess after found medical results are successful) file was transferred to New-Delhi.
  • File came back to Ottawa from New-Delhi.
  • For now, Ottawa will process the file. As per them, this is a good news, as the file gets processed faster
Not sure what was going on. Unfortunately, I do not have any dates/reasons for when/why was it transferred and so on. They only gave me high level status.

As per eCAS, PR status is still 'Application Received'. Not sure if this adds more delay to processing.

P.S.: Please excuse me if this info further darkens the hopes of applicants who were sitting and checking eCAS status daily like me wondering what was happening. I just want to share this so that we can be better prepared.

virksukhpal

Aug 17, 2012
calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
ott-pilot
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
june 2nd 2009
Doc's Request.
march 31st 2012
Med's Request
sep 19th 2012
Med's Done....
oct 3rd 2012
Passport Req..
dec 5th 2012
VISA ISSUED...
feb 11 but passport recv. on feb 20th 2013
LANDED..........
first week of may
Hi there
Applied for my mom n dad on June 2nd 2009
Additional documents requested 30th march 2012
Document sent on June 7th 2012
Still waiting for AOR
Why can't I log in to check the file status(ecas) for last 2-3 weeks?

parentsponsor

Jan 27, 2012
northclare said:
There are a couple of us in the same situation, decision made appeared August 4 on ecas, but no letter/email received yet. Where is your app being processed?
Actually there are quite a few people received their passport requests.

Here is the letter for your preparation (links were removed, not allowed).

OttPilot-Immigration OttPilot-Immigration@cic.gc.ca
Immigration Section/Service d' immigration
1501 4th Avenue, Suite 600, Seattle WA 98101-4328
Fax (206) 441-7838
Date: July XX, 2012
UCI: XXXXXXXX
Application: F0000XXXXX

Applicant Name
Applicant Address
Email:

Dear XXXX,

Your application for permanent residence in Canada has reached the final stage of processing. You must submit your passport(s) to the Canadian Consulate General in Seattle, within 30 days of the date of this letter in order to finalize your application.

Please include a copy of this letter with your submission.

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY ALL THE INFORMATION AND INSTRUCTIONS SET OUT BELOW AND COMPLETE THE STEPS ACCORDINGLY. YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE FINALIZED AT THE CANADIAN CONSULATE GENERAL, SEATTLE, WA. U.S.A. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS AFTER READING THE INFORMATION AND INSTRUCTIONS, PLEASE CONTACT THE CANADIAN CONSULATE GENERAL, SEATTLE, BY FOLLOWING THE INSTRUCTIONS ON THEIR WEBSITE:

1. Change in Family Composition
If any of the following conditions apply to you, your spouse/common-law partner or your sponsor,
You must immediately inform Case Processing Pilot-Ottawa (CPP-Ottawa), IN WRITING:

• Have you married, separated or divorced after you submitted your application?
• Have you adopted a child after you submitted your application?
• Do you intend to get married, separate or divorce prior to you becoming a permanent resident?
• Do you intend to adopt a child prior to you becoming a permanent resident?
• Has there been a death in the family?
• Has there been a change in health?
• Has there been laying of any criminal charges or conviction for a criminal offence?
• Have you a change in your contact information: e-mail address/mailing address/telephone number?

Failure to declare any changes of the above to CPP-Ottawa office could result in the cancellation of your immigrant visas and may render you and your spouse (if applicable) inadmissible to Canada. Failure to declare dependent family members during your application processing will permanently exclude them from later sponsorship in the Family Class, according to paragraph 117(9)(d) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations 2002. You cannot declare new or previously undeclared dependants when you arrive in Canada.

If none of the above conditions apply to you, your spouse or your sponsor, you may proceed with the instructions below.

2. Visa Validity
The issuance of your Confirmation of Permanent Resident document(s) is time sensitive so it is important for you to submit your passport(s) as requested. You must submit these items by mail. We recommend that you submit a prepaid envelope for the return of your Confirmation of Permanent Resident document(s) and passport(s). Please refer to the passport mailing instructions for further information.
• Upon receipt of your Confirmation of Permanent Resident document(s) verify your bio-data information. If there is any error, such as incorrect spelling of name, incorrect date of birth, please inform Canadian Consulate General, Seattle, immediately.
• Your permanent resident visa will expire on Feb 23, 2013. If your passport or the passport of your spouse expires on an earlier date, the visa will expire on that earlier date.

You must travel to Canada and present your immigration documents at a Canadian Port of Entry before the expiration date of your permanent resident visa. The validity of the Confirmation of Permanent Resident documents cannot be extended. If you fail to enter Canada before this date and still wish to immigrate to Canada, you must reapply by submitting a new application and paying new processing fees. All such applications will be assessed according to the Immigration Act and Regulations in force at the time of receipt of the application. There is no guarantee a future application would be successful.

No reminder letter will be sent. You are requested to immediately act upon the instructions set out in this letter.

3. Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF)
Your sponsor is required to pay a Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) in the amount of CAD$490 for each principal applicant and accompanying spouse/common-law partner of that person. For further information on how to make this payment, please visit the Pay the Fee section in the CIC instruction guide:

The RPRF will be refunded if for any reason you do not immigrate to Canada.

4. Passport Requirements
If you are a citizen of a country that is required to obtain a visa to visit Canada, you must submit your original passport and the original passport of your accompanying spouse, if applicable. If you are a citizen from a country that is exempt from obtaining a visa to visit Canada under Regulation 190 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, you are only required to send a photocopy of your passport (all pages) and of the passport of your accompanying spouse (all pages), if applicable.

To find out if you are visa-exempt under Regulation 190, consult this CIC webpage.

Passports for you and your accompanying spouse (if applicable) must be submitted together. There must be at least two blank visa pages in each passport. Your passport(s) must be valid for at least six months. Please note that Immigrant visas cannot be placed in Diplomatic, Official or Military passports.

Please also provide the following information for yourself/your spouse/common-law partner:
• Two (2) recent photographs of yourself/your spouse/common-law partner.
Follow the instructions provided in the section How to Complete the Forms of the application guide and in Appendix A: Photo Specifications (h).
• On a separate piece of paper, please provide the following information:
- Height (you/your spouse/common-law partner)
- Eye Colour (you/your spouse/common-law partner)

5. Sending your Passport(s) to the CANADIAN CONSULATE GENERAL, SEATTLE, WA. U.S.A.

Passport(s) may not be delivered in person.

• Send your passport(s) with this letter to:
Canadian Consulate General
Immigration Section
1501 Fourth Avenue,
Suite 600, Seattle,
WA, 98101
• The security of your passports is important to us. We strongly encourage you to use United States Postal Service Express or Priority Mail (if in the USA) or FedEx Courier Service (if in Canada). This allows you to track the delivery of your documents.

• The Canadian Consulate General is not liable for passports that are lost or stolen in the mail.

NOTE: Immigrant visas cannot be placed in Diplomatic, Official or Military passports.

6. The Return of your Passport(s)

Passport(s) and permanent residence documentation cannot be picked up in person.

• The Canadian Consulate General in Seattle will only return passport(s) to addresses in the USA or Canada.

• Your immigration documentation and your passport(s) will be returned to you by the Seattle
Canadian Consulate General within 30 days from the date of receipt of your passport(s).

• Passports sent to the Canadian Consulate General, Seattle, by mail will be returned to you by United States Postal Service First Class Mail.

If your address is in the USA:
• Please purchase a prepaid, 9" x 12" USPS Express Mail or USPS Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation envelopes.
• We will use this envelope to return your passport and documents. Add the documents you wish to send to us.
• Complete the mailing label on the return envelope showing your full mailing address in the "Deliver To" field and the address of the Canadian Consulate General in Seattle in the “Return Address” field.
• Enter a daytime telephone number on the mailing label above the recipient address.
• Make a note of the tracking number for each envelope.
• If you chose to not provide us with a return envelope, we will mail you via regular mail (US Postal Service First Class Mail).
• Please note that we will not send mail to U.S. addresses using any commercial courier service.
• If you have already provided us with a return envelope do not send us a 2nd envelope if you mail us more documents later.
If your address is in Canada: Provide a self-addressed return envelope.
NOTE: The Visa Office will not return your passport using registered mail, certified mail, return postage coupons. The Visa Office will not return passports to addresses in the United States or Canada using ANY commercial courier services (e.g. UPS, FedEx, DHL, etc.)

Yours truly,

Immigration Section

kandel

Jan 2, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 April 2008
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
06 July 2012
File Transfer...
Med's Request
03 June 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03 June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
07 Jan 2014
LANDED..........
02 Feb 2014
gaggidhillon said:
I am still waiting my sister live in vancover does it take long time to reach letter to vancover
Hey Gaggi u said that they sent you letter on August 9 (8 days so far) i think you willreceive letter in few days.

Mockava

Star Member
Mar 25, 2012
Mississauga
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011
Med's Request
07 mar 2012
Med's Done....
20 Mar 2012
Passport Req..
21-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2012
parentsponsor said:
Actually there are quite a few people received their passport requests.

Here is the letter for your preparation (links were removed, not allowed).

OttPilot-Immigration OttPilot-Immigration @ cic.gc.ca
Immigration Section/Service d' immigration
1501 4th Avenue, Suite 600, Seattle WA 98101-4328
Fax (206) 441-7838
Date: July XX, 2012
UCI: XXXXXXXX
Application: F0000XXXXX

Applicant Name
Applicant Address
Email:

Dear XXXX,

Your application for permanent residence in Canada has reached the final stage of processing. You must submit your passport(s) to the Canadian Consulate General in Seattle, within 30 days of the date of this letter in order to finalize your application.

Please include a copy of this letter with your submission.
Is this for applicants who are in Canada? Or everyone? Also seems it was send by email, right?

kandel

Jan 2, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 April 2008
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
06 July 2012
File Transfer...
Med's Request
03 June 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03 June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
07 Jan 2014
LANDED..........
02 Feb 2014
sponsorparents said:
P.S.: Please excuse me if this info further darkens the hopes of applicants who were sitting and checking eCAS status daily like me wondering what was happening. I just want to share this so that we can be better prepared.
Thanks i do check my e-cas atleast twice a day and dont get anything other thn disappointment.