not required
Passport Req..
26-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-07-2013
LANDED..........
04-08-2013
Anik said:
Frankly, I am even afraid to believe it or get my hopes up (I have been trying to accept the fact that we are stuck with the LVO and it is going to take long...). I guess I should order GCMS notes to be sure and to understand what is going on (keep procrastinating on that - need to get my parents consent form first)

Though Ottawa seemed to slow down as well and will likely slow down more if they transfer more cases there.

we applied in in Dec 2007 - but now we seem to fall behind many others in the process :-(
THough I wish all of us get their parents' visas soon - we all waited long enough!
GCMS would not speed up but please keep us posted if you guys find something. But true is we are stuck in LVO backlog. I have always bad luck. I am sept 2007 applicant where CIC did stop for long time. I lost my father during this and I am now stuck in LOV. I am stuck in my life, invest so much time in this country can't think go back neither stay without family. Feel being discriminated and hopless in this fk,in waiting game.

sakamath

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
17-May-2012
File Transfer...
8 Mar 2012
Med's Request
26-Nov-2012
Med's Done....
24-Dec-2012
Passport Req..
26-Nov-2012
VISA ISSUED...
App abandoned in July '14
cslave said:
GCMS would not speed up but please keep us posted if you guys find something. But true is we are stuck in LVO backlog. I have always bad luck. I am sept 2007 applicant where CIC did stop for long time. I lost my father during this and I am now stuck in LOV. I am stuck in my life, invest so much time in this country can't think go back neither stay without family. Feel being discriminated and hopless in this fk,in waiting game.
Hi cslave,
It is extremely unfortunate that you lost your father before the process was completed and I sincerely hope that you are reunited with your mother soon. For my mom too, this is a race against time. Having said that, we have chosen to move to Canada. As such, we have to accept both - its good and its bad. Canada has its own limitations on how much immigrants it can absorb in various categories. So let us rely on the process that is in place. Take the recent overhaul of parent sponsorship as a bonus and be patient as it clears the backlogs. Who knows what the criteria for sponsoring parents would be, in the coming years. Maybe most of us would not be able to afford it. Lastly, I would not say that you should go back to your home country if you want to live with your parents, because I am in the same boat as you. You and I - and so the rest of us, have done our part. Let the waiting game begin. I am sure we all will turn out to be winners.

jay123456

Star Member
Nov 1, 2011
sakamath said:
When CPC-M sent out letters for additional docs in Nov 2011, they had recommended applicants to start taking steps to get the PCC and pay the RPRF fees too. I believe, in subsequent batches, this was not included.
Yes they asked to get the PCC but it would have been expired by now and they never said anything about submitting them ---
Also I see people sending them in ?? are they doing it voluntairly ??

Aslo my parents have lived in Different countries --- So i should send it for every country if I was to send it voluntairly ??

Is anyone getting PCC requests -- IS it requested with the medicals ??

thanks again :)

Anik

Dec 13, 2011
sakamath said:
I really do not understand, why a lot of people believe that a pcc is valid only for 3 months. A pcc is generally valid for one year.
Sakamath, I know what you are talking about however the problem is now with the change in the process.
It used to be clearer with the old process when there was a specific 'application submission' date for stage 2. I.e. after sponsor is approved, parents were supposed to send their PR application to the local VO and there was a submission date for that - and PCC was supposed to be included and to be issued no earlier than 3 month from that application submission date (and yes, once submitted it was considered valid for 1 year).

However, now with forms submitted to Mississauga and then being transferred somewhere else (Ottawa or LVO) what would they consider 'PR application submission' date (from which the PCC is supposed to be no earler than 3 months)?
Is it the date of submission of additional documents to Mississauga or the transfer date or the LVO or Ottawa AOR date or something else?
Ecas status is not helpful at all as it seems to show both sponsorship application and PR application to be submitted whenever we, sponsors, applied first (e.g. for me it is Dec 2007)

For example, I submitted additional documents mid-Feb 2012, got the sponsor approval letter dated mid-April 2012 saying that the file got transferred to an LVO but I have not yet received any AOR from the LVO. I have PCCs issued in early March 2012 and now I have no idea to which date (if any) to apply the 'three months' rule that is part of the requirement

sakamath

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
17-May-2012
File Transfer...
8 Mar 2012
Med's Request
26-Nov-2012
Med's Done....
24-Dec-2012
Passport Req..
26-Nov-2012
VISA ISSUED...
jay123456 said:
Yes they asked to get the PCC but it would have been expired by now...
Can you provide me a link that states PCC would expire in 3 months?

jay123456 said:
Also I see people sending them in ?? are they doing it voluntairly ??
In some cases (myself included), yes, we voluntarily sent it. But wait for AOR from local visa office or atleast confirmation that the file was transferred (you hav to quote the File number in your correspondence).

jay123456 said:
Aslo my parents have lived in Different countries --- So i should send it for every country if I was to send it voluntairly ??
If your parents have lived for more than 6 months (continuously) in any given country, then for each country that your parents lived for more than 6 months, you would have to provide a pcc.

jay123456 said:
Is anyone getting PCC requests -- IS it requested with the medicals ??
The last we heard from LVO was to send just the PCC - without the medical request.

Anik

Dec 13, 2011
Also, I believe one member on this forum mentioned that they called CIC in March or so ask if it is ok to submit a certificate obtained Dec 2011 (because the Nov letter recommended to do so) and the agent told her that it would not be accepted because it is past 3 months..

Sibnadian, I believe you mentioned that, is that right (maybe it was not you and I mixed somethign up - sorry if so)?

sakamath

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
17-May-2012
File Transfer...
8 Mar 2012
Med's Request
26-Nov-2012
Med's Done....
24-Dec-2012
Passport Req..
26-Nov-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Anik said:
Sakamath, I know what you are talking about however the problem is now with the change in the process.
It used to be clearer with the old process when there was a specific 'application submission' date for stage 2. I.e. after sponsor is approved, parents were supposed to send their PR application to the local VO and there was a submission date for that - and PCC was supposed to be included and to be issued no earlier than 3 month from that application submission date (and yes, once submitted it was considered valid for 1 year).

However, now with forms submitted to Mississauga and then being transferred somewhere else (Ottawa or LVO) what would they consider 'PR application submission' date (from which the PCC is supposed to be no earler than 3 months)?
Is it the date of submission of additional documents to Mississauga or the transfer date or the LVO or Ottawa AOR date or something else?
Ecas status is not helpful at all as it seems to show both sponsorship application and PR application to be submitted whenever we, sponsors, applied first (e.g. for me it is Dec 2007)

For example, I submitted additional documents mid-Feb 2012, got the sponsor approval letter dated mid-April 2012 saying that the file got transferred to an LVO but I have not yet received any AOR from the LVO. I have PCCs issued in early March 2012 and now I have no idea to which date (if any) to apply the 'three months' rule that is part of the requirement
The application submission date is the date your parents have put and signed on the IMM008 (Application for PR). It is irrelevant, when and where the files are moved within CIC.

Anik

Dec 13, 2011
Here is the link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/EnGLish/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

The certificate must have been issued no more than three months before you submit your application.

Anik

Dec 13, 2011
sakamath said:
The application submission date is the date your parents have put and signed on the IMM008 (Application for PR). It is irrelevant, when and where the files are moved within CIC.
I guess you are probably right on that. At least I hope that this is how they will consider it because that means my march certificate works :) We signed forms in February and the certificate is dated March :)

sakamath

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
17-May-2012
File Transfer...
8 Mar 2012
Med's Request
26-Nov-2012
Med's Done....
24-Dec-2012
Passport Req..
26-Nov-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Anik said:
Also, I believe one member on this forum mentioned that they called CIC in March or so ask if it is ok to submit a certificate obtained Dec 2011 (because the Nov letter recommended to do so) and the agent told her that it would not be accepted because it is past 3 months..

Sibnadian, I believe you mentioned that, is that right (maybe it was not you and I mixed somethign up - sorry if so)?
I may be wrong, but I believe you are referring to the case where PCCs were sent to CPC-M. At one point they stopped receiving the PCCs that were not included in the additional doc request. PCCs should be sent to the office processing the PR, not the sponsorship.

raatri

Star Member
Feb 27, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2008
Doc's Request.
11-11-2011
Nomination.....
Approved as Sponsor
AOR Received.
14-05-2012
IELTS Request
PCCs received April 16, 2012
File Transfer...
May 22, 2012
Med's Request
Waiting..
cslave said:
hang in there buddy!

Anik

Dec 13, 2011
sakamath said:
I may be wrong, but I believe you are referring to the case where PCCs were sent to CPC-M. At one point they stopped receiving the PCCs that were not included in the additional doc request. PCCs should be sent to the office processing the PR, not the sponsorship.
No, this person did not send certificate to Mississauga but got the certificate in December as recommended by the letter (but did NOT send it anywhere then). Later, when they got approved and got the request for medical and PCC, they asked if the december certificate is acceptable and the agent said "No"

(but also, maybe it was just one agent's 'educated opinion' - you never know with those agents and their information has to be double checked or questioned somethimes...)

ANyway, this person did not want to risk delays and got a fresh certificate.

Anik

Dec 13, 2011
cslave said:
I feel your pain! I have constant fears like that (worrying about what if parents develop health issues while waiting in this long process and, like you, being so rooted here after all this years with kids born and growign up here, work etc. which woudl make it really hard, if not impossible to go back for extended perod). And you have already lost your dad during that time (so sorry for you and your family).

Hopefully this year will turn everythign around (I have to keep telling myself that - I am a pessimistic optimist or whatever :) )

And of course we will keep everyone updated. THis board is a nice outlet for us to stay in touch with the people in the same boat.

jay123456

Star Member
Nov 1, 2011
sakamath said:
Can you provide me a link that states PCC would expire in 3 months?

In some cases (myself included), yes, we voluntarily sent it. But wait for AOR from local visa office or atleast confirmation that the file was transferred (you hav to quote the File number in your correspondence).

If your parents have lived for more than 6 months (continuously) in any given country, then for each country that your parents lived for more than 6 months, you would have to provide a pcc.

The last we heard from LVO was to send just the PCC - without the medical request.
I got a letter from CPC-M on april 30 and my file was transferred to LVO -- If I get the PCC from the all the countries and send them in -- will it be accepted -- I mean it will take me one month to get them and then they are valid for three months so in total 4 months from now ---- The question is will they accept it if i send it voluntairly if they are still valid --
have they accepted anyones PCC if they were in a valid time frame/?

sakamath

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
17-May-2012
File Transfer...
8 Mar 2012
Med's Request
26-Nov-2012
Med's Done....
24-Dec-2012
Passport Req..
26-Nov-2012
VISA ISSUED...
jay123456 said:
I got a letter from CPC-M on april 30 and my file was transferred to LVO -- If I get the PCC from the all the countries and send them in -- will it be accepted...
Do you have the file number for the Application of PR (of your parents)? Some recent posts indicate that though they received a letter stating that their file was sent to LVO, they are receiving communications from Ottawa. So, it is best to wait and see where your file is. Receipt of AOR from local office or any other communication (other than CPC-M), should give you an idea where your file is. It is at this place you can send the PCC. It should be accepted.

jay123456 said:
...and then they are valid for three months so in total 4 months from now...
No, they are valid for a year. Only, the date on the PCC should not be less than 3 months than the date on the IMM008 form.

jay123456 said:
have they accepted anyones PCC if they were in a valid time frame/?
I have no reason to believe that CIC (at the LVO or Ottawa) would not accept PCC where a file has been transferred for onward processing.