+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

parents sponsership joine here

sibnadian

Feb 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thank you gaggidhillon

yes, that was i am afraid of. It is so not fair for people who don't have DMPs in their cities.
It took them 13 (!) days to send the email...half of the given time for medicals!

starzibal

Dec 30, 2009
Toronto
user828 said:
On a side note, my folks are applying for Visitor Visa, in purpose of visit, there are 3 options

Business
Tourism
Other

I said pick Other and give reason: Visiting Son or should it be Tourism?

Does it make a huge difference?
Other is good and explain why.
sz

Peter Rabbit

Star Member
Apr 2, 2011
My letter is dated April 26th, as well. However, it was emailed on May 2nd.
It is only now that I realize this important fact.

POLICE CERTIFICATE:
Please, I am quite unclear and would appreciate any insight into the matter.
My mother came to visit me in Canada several times. Twice, she stayed over 6 months. Will she need to get a police certificate for Canada?
Thank you so much!

sibnadian

Feb 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Peter, no police clearances needed from Canada. My mom stayed here for 1 year a few times. I called CIC and they told me that we don't need to submit PCCs from Canada.

KGC

Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-12-2007
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
AOR Received.
16-04-2012
Med's Request
17-07-2012
Med's Done....
31-07-2012
Passport Req..
29-08-2012
;D I got my approval letter today, my case was sent to LVO....Congratulations to everybody that received the AOR today ....you'll hear news very soon It took about two weeks after my AOR letter to get my "decision made" letter....

Peter Rabbit

Star Member
Apr 2, 2011
Thank you so much, but my email states the following:
"You must obtain a police certificate from each country or territory where you have lived for six consecutive months or longer since reaching the age of 18. It is your responsibility to contact the police or relevant authorities and apply for the required police certificate."

Hence my confusion!

So, it is an agent from CIC Mississauga who informed you about this fact, correct?
I am skeptical of CIC Mississauga agents, as they always seem to give me different answers for the same question!

Thank you!

sibnadian said:
Peter, no police clearances needed from Canada. My mom stayed here for 1 year a few times. I called CIC and they told me that we don't need to submit PCCs from Canada.

Snspring

Feb 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO: Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2007
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
AOR Received.
16-04-2012
File Transfer...
11-05-2012
Med's Request
30-05-2014
KGC said:
;D I got my approval letter today, my case was sent to LVO....Congratulations to everybody that received the AOR today ....you'll hear news very soon It took about two weeks after my AOR letter to get my "decision made" letter....
congratulation <b>KGC</b>

mahbubeh

Star Member
Jun 3, 2010
sibnadian said:
thank you gaggidhillon

yes, that was i am afraid of. It is so not fair for people who don't have DMPs in their cities.
It took them 13 (!) days to send the email...half of the given time for medicals!
You can always ask for more time by sending them a mail (if you think medicals will not be done in time)

sibnadian

Feb 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Peter Rabbit said:
So, it is an agent from CIC Mississauga who informed you about this fact, correct?
I am skeptical of CIC Mississauga agents, as they always seem to give me different answers for the same question!

Thank you!
yes, it was an agent.

Here is what CIC website says:
"Do I need to provide a police certificate when applying for permanent residence?
Only in certain cases. The Canadian visa office will tell you if you need a Canadian criminal record check while your application is being processed."
from here
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/canada.asp

we are not going to submit CPP from Canada as of now. If they request, we will...

gaggidhillon

Feb 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11 april 2008
Doc's Request.
30 nov 2011
Nomination.....
27-jan-2012 doc send
AOR Received.
11-may-2012
File Transfer...
29 august 2012,AOR FROM NEW DELHI ON 9 OCTOBER 2012
Med's Request
08-NOV-2012
Med's Done....
07 dec 2012,ecas acknowledge medical on 30/12/12
Passport Req..
08-NOV-2012
VISA ISSUED...
06- march 2013 (&quot;address change on 8 march&quot;DM on 11 march&quot;)
LANDED..........
Last week of march
KGC said:
Congrats kgc finally you got i am still waiting cant access my e cas from las 3 days

kandel

Jan 2, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 April 2008
Doc's Request.
1 March 2012 Doc's Submitted: 20 Apr 2012
AOR Received.
06 July 2012
File Transfer...
25 Sep 2012 AOR Received: 16 Mar 2013
Med's Request
03 June 2013
Med's Done....
12 June 2013 Dependant......: One
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03 June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
07 Jan 2014
LANDED..........
02 Feb 2014
sibnadian said:
thank you gaggidhillon

Yes i agree saibnadian your time will start from April 26 not may 8th....nd i know its not fair at all :-X

n0str0m0

Apr 11, 2012
sibnadian said:
Today, May 08, I received an email from Ottawa Pilot requesting CPP and medical. Yahoooo!
Could someone update the spreadsheet?

Thanks!
Congrats, Sibnadian! I'm still waiting for PCC & Meds myself. I got approved as a sponsor on the 2nd of April which is three days after your approval date. I'm very excited and I hoping that I will be receiving email from CPP-O shorly.

sibnadian

Feb 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kandel said:
Yes i agree saibnadian your time will start from April 26 not may 8th....nd i know its not fair at all :-X
we decided that if absolutely cannot do it by may 26, i will write them a letter saying that it will be done a bit later.

sibnadian

Feb 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
n0str0m0 said:
Congrats, Sibnadian! I'm still waiting for PCC & Meds myself. I got approved as a sponsor on the 2nd of April which is three days after your approval date. I'm very excited and I hoping that I will be receiving email from CPP-O shorly.
thank you.

yes, and hopefully, yours will not be waiting on someone's desk for 13 days before they mass-send it.