+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

parents sponsership joine here

Anik

Dec 13, 2011
libya said:
Hey every one !!!
I have some good news for applicants with dependents !!!
itoday i fot an email :"
Yes, that is the first step towards the approval (at least it was for many of us). I got such an email on Friday (march 30), then on the weekend my status changed to 2 lines.
Later I got the letter about my application deemed complete (was dated march 31 but mailed later due to easter I guess). Then I got the approval letter dated apil 12.

So it does look like they finally touched your file! Congrats! Will be interesting to see whether they transfer any files with dependents to Ottawa...Maybe you will be amonth the first on this board to find out :)

Anik

Dec 13, 2011
Also regarding the new UCI: they probably provided you with file # for your parents, not the new UCI.
Does your email shows 2 numbers?
UCI (8 digit) and Application # starting with F?

Pari4u

Jan 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 5, 2011
AOR Received.
April 24,2012
File Transfer...
May 11,2012- LVO India, Aor from ind June 28,2012
Med's Request
November 26 2012
Med's Done....
December 12 2012, medical rec on 11 april 2013
Passport Req..
November 26 2012, sent on 27 dec
libya said:
Hey every one !!!
I have some good news for applicants with dependents !!!
i was among those who 1st applied on 2008 october , & received additional document request on "25 NoV.2011"& have sent them the complete package on feb the 3rd 2012
today i fot an email :"
they`ve given me a New UCI number :
Dear xxxx xxxx :,
/quote]

thats the great news we started to see some movement in the dependent file thsi week hope fully most of us will get the news soon.

good luck,

sponsorparents

Dec 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-04-2008
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011<br>Doc's Delivered: 21-12-2011
File Transfer...
09-02-2012<br>PCC Submitted: 09-03-2012
Med's Request
16-04-2012
Med's Done....
25-04-2012<br>Med's Delivered: 30-04-2012<br>e-CAS Med's received: 02-06-2012
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
12-12-2012
LANDED..........
14-04-2013
Teri said:
Sponsorparents thank you very much and I really must to say - we are going still with the same processing time.
My letter for medical request has the same date as yours medical request, 16 April 2012.
Yeah, that's so nice, Van80 also in the league, we all got medical requests on the same day.
I hope all our cases gets finalized soon.

libya

Apr 12, 2012
Libya -Benghazi
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2008
Doc's Request.
25-Nov. 2011
AOR Received.
17 April 2012
File Transfer...
3rd-May-2012
Med's Request
23-May-2012
Med's Done....
06-June-2012
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Anik said:
Yes, that is the first step towards the approval (at least it was for many of us). I got such an email on Friday (march 30), then on the weekend my status changed to 2 lines.
Later I got the letter about my application deemed complete (was dated march 31 but mailed later due to easter I guess). Then I got the approval letter dated apil 12.

So it does look like they finally touched your file! Congrats! Will be interesting to see whether they transfer any files with dependents to Ottawa...Maybe you will be amonth the first on this board to find out :)
Dear Anik :
thanx for ur clarification , i really appreciate it ! ;D
we`re really excited about this 1st hopeful sign !
i will keep u updated asap !!!
i wish we all get this done before april 2013..!!!

libya

Apr 12, 2012
Libya -Benghazi
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2008
Doc's Request.
25-Nov. 2011
AOR Received.
17 April 2012
File Transfer...
3rd-May-2012
Med's Request
23-May-2012
Med's Done....
06-June-2012
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Anik said:
Also regarding the new UCI: they probably provided you with file # for your parents, not the new UCI.
Does your email shows 2 numbers?
UCI (8 digit) and Application # starting with F?
yeah Anik , there are 2 numbers , UCI & file number ( F00*******), i only mentioned the UCI becoz i have never had any such thing on my previous correspondence with CIC , in fact i left that option blank on the main application 0008. & i was never able to check the ECAS status untill today , with the UCI number .....,however i am wondering what would i benefit from the application number , it isn`t effective in logging in to the ECAS status , anyway it might be needed only to confirm future correspondent with the CIC.
However , i am really glad , for u sweet gesture by explaining & confirming that u had the same kind of course with ur experience !!thanx buddy

Anik

Dec 13, 2011
libya said:
yeah Anik , there are 2 numbers , UCI & file number ( F00*******), i only mentioned the UCI becoz i have never had any such thing on my previous correspondence with CIC , in fact i left that option blank on the main application 0008. & i was never able to check the ECAS status untill today , with the UCI number .....,however i am wondering what would i benefit from the application number , it isn`t effective in logging in to the ECAS status , anyway it might be needed only to confirm future correspondent with the CIC.
However , i am really glad , for u sweet gesture by explaining & confirming that u had the same kind of course with ur experience !!thanx buddy
YOU ARE WELCOME! Those little progress steps mean so much to us in this long and anxious wait so I totally know how you feel seeing any sign of progress (other members comments made me feel the same way too)!

Regarding file #: when you log in with your UCI and your last name/birthdate/country, do you see one line or 2 lines with the same name (your parent - principal applicant) in the table?

If you see 2 lines and 'Application Received' status in the second line, you may be able to log it with your parents' file # as well (if not, then likely they have not updated it yet). At least that is how it was for me.
Pick Immigration file number in the Identification type and enter your parent (principal applicant) last name, DOB and country of birth. Then you will get access to your parents file (not much in there yet likely but later you are supposed to see status updates like Medical received etc

Anik

Dec 13, 2011
And yes, you will likely need that file number for future correspondence at stage 2 or if you want to order caips for your parents file etc. (but maybe sponsor's UCI also works in this case - not sure).

By the way, a question to those who are ahead of us in the process (e.g. those who received medicals) - are you able to see the same information regarding your parents PR status whether you are logging in on to ecas with your (sponsor) UCI or your parents application file #? Or is it different?

Of course, decision made part on sponsorship will not show up when checkign by parents' file # but what about say 'Medical received' status or spouse name etc?

Just trying to understand whether in the future it is enough to just check status in one way (e.g. by sponsor UCI) or we should check both ways (i.e. usign parents' file # or UCI if known, as well)

Shuga

Nov 26, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2008
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
File Transfer...
31-01-2012
Med's Request
15-02-2012
Med's Done....
03-03-2012 and 03-07-2012
Anik said:
are you able to see the same information regarding your parents PR status whether you are logging in on to ecas with your (sponsor) UCI or your parents application file #? Or is it different?
it's the same "Application received" - does not matter if i use my UCI or my mother's UCI or the application number.

Anik

Dec 13, 2011
Shuga said:
it's the same "Application received" - does not matter if i use my UCI or my mother's UCI or the application number.
If you click on that status (application received) - for your parent -principle apllicant, does it show the same additional info either way (i.e. whether checking by your UCI or parents')?

By the way, do you now see both parents' names in your statuses given that you already received medical request ? I know you mentioned that you have not yet got an update to medicals received but I thought maybe it looks different for you than for those like me who did nto receive meds request yet

Mockava

Star Member
Mar 25, 2012
Mississauga
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011
Med's Request
07 mar 2012
Med's Done....
20 Mar 2012
Passport Req..
21-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2012
Anik said:
By the way, a question to those who are ahead of us in the process (e.g. those who received medicals) - are you able to see the same information regarding your parents PR status whether you are logging in on to ecas with your (sponsor) UCI or your parents application file #? Or is it different?

Of course, decision made part on sponsorship will not show up when checkign by parents' file # but what about say 'Medical received' status or spouse name etc?
No status did not change for me, just a note added that medicals received. No date, nothing...

Shuga

Nov 26, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2008
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
File Transfer...
31-01-2012
Med's Request
15-02-2012
Med's Done....
03-03-2012 and 03-07-2012
Anik said:
By the way, do you now see both parents' names in your statuses given that you already received medical request ? I know you mentioned that you have not yet got an update to medicals received but I thought maybe it looks different for you than for those like me who did nto receive meds request yet
no difference - only the main applicant's name with the date in July 2008... nothing has changed since i got an approval from Mississauga...

starzibal

Dec 30, 2009
Toronto
Hi guys,

Can someone please answer following questions regarding filling up the forms?

1. Dependant: Type A or B? One dependant was under 22 when we sponsored and other was over 22 that time.
2. Under Education/Occupation detail: Current occupation: Should it be "Student" for dependent who are full time students?
3. Do we have to fill up IMM 0008 for every single person? There are 2 dependant over 18 accompanying and 1 is over 18, married not accompanying.
4. IMM 0008DEP, if we already have filled IMM 0008 for dependant by clicking “add dependants” then why should we need to fill this up?
5. IMM 00008, In Contact info, question 1, current mailing add: Can I put my (sponsor) address and residential address should be my parents, and can i put my email?

Thanks
SZ

KGC

Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-12-2007
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
AOR Received.
16-04-2012
Med's Request
17-07-2012
Med's Done....
31-07-2012
Passport Req..
29-08-2012
apple_talk said:
NO

you can put voter ID card however.
Hi apple talk,

I just join this forum, and I'd like to add my stats to your tracking sheet...

thanks,
k