+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

parents sponsership joine here

cmandy

Star Member
Mar 6, 2010
Hi BMM when you fill out application did you request Ottawa office to process,I am asking as I did this but they still send my mothers application to her country local office and not Ottawa ,my mom is here on super visa as well.I apply to extend her stay in October as well.Not sure why they send application back home to process when my mom is in Canada] and I clearly send proof of her status.Did you write a separate letter to request to process in Ottawa.Please let me know,thanks.

shujath ali

Star Member
Apr 9, 2013
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
APRIL 2009
Doc's Request.
SEPT 2012
AOR Received.
24-JAN-2013
IELTS Request
NO
File Transfer...
24-JAN-2013
Med's Request
15-04-14
Med's Done....
16-04-2014
Interview........
DECISION MADE. . . . 08-02-15
Passport Req..
09-02-2015 PP SUBMITTED 10-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2015
LANDED..........
10-04-2015 INSHA ALLAH
eric leon said:
wht is ur brother age at the time of application buddy?

Hi Eric thanks for ur valuable response my elder brother was above 22 at the time of application n he also has some gaps in between then he did B.A Hons so they have asked for some docs which we have already submitted but there is no response till now from them . . . .

If any one in the same boat PLZ reply . . .

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
layla.bee said:
I have an important question from experienced members. I have applied for my mother and sister's sponsorship back in 2009. File was transferred to London office in Jan 2014. My sister is turning 23 this year, and is getting engaged.

I want to know if she gets married/nikkah done only. Would she be removed from my mother's file? What if we only do nikah and wait for court marriage until she gets her immigration? Any suggestions? She is an international student in usa and the guy is Canadian citizen.
She has to remain single and dependent if she wants to come under parental sponsorship. But who knows how much longer that will take, and when the decision will be made by Islamabad/London.

If she gets married then she will be out of mother's file, and won't be considered dependent. So 1 less person under LICO too....looks better for sponsorship. Even a Nikah would (technically) make her responsibility of husband..

If the guy she is going to marry is a Canadian, they should get nikah/married/registered and then he can sponsor her right away.
It will be easier/faster, and for sure she will get spousal visa in about 1 yrs time under spousal family class. Even faster as she is in usa.

I think it's better for her to marry him and come in that way.
That way you're not responsible for her undertaking anymore (her husband will be instead).

bmm

Star Member
Oct 24, 2013
True.

I asked them to process from here. But you have to attach the proof that your parents will stay in canada for one year from the day you submit application

layla.bee

Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2009
Doc's Request.
Aug 2013
AOR Received.
Dec 2013
IELTS Request
Not Req'd
File Transfer...
Jan 2014
Med's Request
Jun 25, 2015
Med's Done....
Jun 26, 2015
Interview........
N/A, Addition Doc Request: Jul24, Doc sent and rec'd by CIC: Aug 14, 2015
Passport Req..
Waiting
Thanks Canvis. I do not have issue with maintaining the LICO limit. I and my husband have really good jobs. I am not concerned about sponsorship, but about process. I want her to have the quicker entry into Canada, which would be under parents' sponsorship. It is already 6th year since application was filed. Hopefully it is finalized within this year.
canvis2006 said:
She has to remain single and dependent if she wants to come under parental sponsorship. But who knows how much longer that will take, and when the decision will be made by Islamabad/London.

If she gets married then she will be out of mother's file, and won't be considered dependent. So 1 less person under LICO too....looks better for sponsorship. Even a Nikah would (technically) make her responsibility of husband..

If the guy she is going to marry is a Canadian, they should get nikah/married/registered and then he can sponsor her right away.
It will be easier/faster, and for sure she will get spousal visa in about 1 yrs time under spousal family class. Even faster as she is in usa.

I think it's better for her to marry him and come in that way.
That way you're not responsible for her undertaking anymore (her husband will be instead).

sungeus

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any idea when they will start processing applications from May 2011 onwards??

Star Member
Feb 17, 2014
Hi,

I have received the mail/letter that my documents is completed in 17/Jan/2015. So what is the next step and how long normally have to wait?
I really hope my parents can get the visa by this year...

Thanks

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
8221129 said:
Hi,

I have received the mail/letter that my documents is completed in 17/Jan/2015. So what is the next step and how long normally have to wait?
I really hope my parents can get the visa by this year...

Thanks
Is this your AOR. if so then next stage is sponsorship approval and transfer to LVO.what is your timeline.when did you apply and what date did you send your documents.

Star Member
Feb 17, 2014
I submitted the application in Feb/2011. I received the mail to request more document in August/2014. I mailed out the documents in Oct/2014 and received the mail saying the documents received in Jan/2015.
Do you know typically how long it take to get the approval?

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
8221129 said:
I submitted the application in Feb/2011. I received the mail to request more document in August/2014. I mailed out the documents in Oct/2014 and received the mail saying the documents received in Jan/2015.
Do you know typically how long it take to get the approval?
Mine took exactly 7 weeks after I received AOR.

Star Member
Feb 17, 2014
I think the AOR is the letter from CIC to inform me that the additional documents received and the application is completed, right?
If yes my AOR is on 8/jan/2015.

Star Member
Feb 17, 2014
Hi soonihope,

with 7 weeks you received another mail to inform you the sponsor is approved and the case send to the LVO?

Thanks

CanadianInChile

Jan 14, 2015
Santiago, Chile
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2015
Nomination.....
SA - March 23
AOR Received.
18-03-2015
I am not sure if this is the correct place to ask this...I am sorry if it is not.

Was wondering if anyone had any experience in this situation....My Husbands parents are failed refugee claimants and would like to come back to Canada. Is it possible to get an ARK letter and them be allowed to visit Canada without applying for PR for them? They`re country is now a visa exempt country.