29-09-2009
Doc's Request.
30-03-2012
Med's Request
22-05-2013
Med's Done....
30-05-2013
mahbubeh said:
Each PCC has expiary date and it depends on the issuing country. I know my parents PCC is valid for 3 months. So when you are applying for it, you can ask how long is it valid for.
Thanks, mahbubeh. If I'm reading the guide 3998 correctly, it says that "the certificate must have been issued no more than 3 months prior to submitting your application." I suppose that CIC can request the certificates after we submit the additional documents.

Phlcan

Feb 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can somebody give me the link in cic's website where it states the lock-in of the age of the dependants at the time CIC receives the initial application?
Thanks.

sakamath

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
17-May-2012
File Transfer...
8 Mar 2012
Med's Request
26-Nov-2012
Med's Done....
24-Dec-2012
Passport Req..
26-Nov-2012
VISA ISSUED...
App abandoned in July '14
Funny way, how CIC works.
Yesterday, I received a letter from CIC stating that they received the additional docs I had sent in Jan. Whats so funny? well on March 12th I received a letter stating that my sponsorship was approved. Yesterday's letter was dated 1st March, but it was post marked on 4th Apr.
A case of right hand not knowing what the left is doing?

orchids8

Star Member
Mar 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2009
Doc's Request.
30-03-2012
Med's Request
22-05-2013
Med's Done....
30-05-2013
sakamath said:
Funny way, how CIC works.
Yesterday, I received a letter from CIC stating that they received the additional docs I had sent in Jan. Whats so funny? well on March 12th I received a letter stating that my sponsorship was approved. Yesterday's letter was dated 1st March, but it was post marked on 4th Apr.
A case of right hand not knowing what the left is doing?
It doesn't matter if the results are positive! So does this mean that your file is complete and approved! :) Congrats?!

sakamath

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
17-May-2012
File Transfer...
8 Mar 2012
Med's Request
26-Nov-2012
Med's Done....
24-Dec-2012
Passport Req..
26-Nov-2012
VISA ISSUED...
orchids8 said:
It doesn't matter if the results are positive! So does this mean that your file is complete and approved! :) Congrats?!
Only the sponsorship is approved, so far. The file is now at the local VO for further processing and we don't know how long that would take.

sakamath

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
17-May-2012
File Transfer...
8 Mar 2012
Med's Request
26-Nov-2012
Med's Done....
24-Dec-2012
Passport Req..
26-Nov-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Phlcan said:
Can somebody give me the link in cic's website where it states the lock-in of the age of the dependants at the time CIC receives the initial application?
Thanks.
www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/ip/ip02-eng.pdf

see section 5.17 in the above pdf. it states thath the age of the depedent is locked in as of the date cpc-m receives the complete application.

asidhu5

Star Member
Jan 5, 2012
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa : Sponsoring Mom,presently visiting Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2009
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011 Doc's Submitted: 23-02-2012
AOR Received.
29-03-2012
File Transfer...
13-04-2012
Med's Request
19-06-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012 Med Delivered CPP-O: 09-07-2012 Med Received E-cas: 26-07-2012
Passport Req..
29-10-2012 Submitted VFS Chd: 19-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2012
LANDED..........
Landing 24-02-2013
orchids8 said:
Hi All!

I'm glad to have found so many folks waiting to be reunited with their parents as I am. I applied on Sept. 2009 and have recently received a letter requesting to complete the process. Obtaining the police certificates is the challenging part for me. Has anyone obtained the police certificates successfully from Hong Kong while their parents was with them in Canada? I need to request the certificate but don't know if I can submit the fingerprints right away or would I need to hear back from the HK office... I don't want to waste so much time.

Also, do we have to submit all the police certificates at the same time when we submit the additional documents requested by CIC or should we wait till after they request it? Anyone has done either?

What about the medical exam requirement? When do we have to complete this? And will my parent be able to get that taken cared of in Canada or do I have to send them back home to get this done?

Thanks in advance!
Orchid I was the first batch...............so little advice

- send only what is mandatory..........You can pay Landing Fees if you want to
- no need to send police certificates now, wait till your file is transferred or they request it.....(I am regretting sending PCC)
- Medicals is still a long way to go........................just send whts mandatory quickly

mash_afg

Dec 31, 2011
asidhu5 said:

- no need to send police certificates now, wait till your file is transferred or they request it.....(I am regretting sending PCC)
- Medicals is still a long way to go........................just send whts mandatory quickly
hello dear why u say that u regret sending the police certificate for what reason ?
as alot say it is good if we can send police certificate this time as complete package
i appreciate ur reply
thanks

orchids8

Star Member
Mar 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2009
Doc's Request.
30-03-2012
Med's Request
22-05-2013
Med's Done....
30-05-2013
asidhu5 said:

Thank you asidhu5. I'll send in the completed documents as requested. I'll send in whatever is in the checklist and consider that as mandatory. It's confusing when they also say PCC and medical records on the guide that they've provided.

Did you provide CIC with an email for communication or left it out? It's strange why they can't do both.. email and snail mail.

mash_afg

Dec 31, 2011
Hello guys
i appreciate your reply to some points i want to discuss here
first of all from your all experience what do u guys say
as about OPTION C PRINT OUT AS IN THE CHECKLIST FOR THE SPONSOR
FIRST QUESTION : OPTION C PRINT OUT
it says Submit an original Option C print out for the tax year that you submitted the original sponsorship application what does it mean ? should we submit option c for 2011 only? or we should submit for other years too what is best ? as if in case if somebody does not file tax yet should wait as do tax and get option c? or just send t4s ? what do u guys say ? what is best and what u guys did i really appreciate to reply
thankss alot

SECOND QUESTION : ABOUT POLICE CERTIFICATE >> IT SAYS we strongly recommend that your parents takes steps now to obtain police certificate as once obtained police certificate can be sent with the complete application OR when the visa office requests them ? do not send police certificate separately from the application or they will be returned so what does it mean it means we can send police certificate now with this application package or how please reply as i ask all of u guys about these 2 points
THANKSSS ALOT

alba1

Star Member
Mar 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-2008
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
AOR Received.
30-3-2012
File Transfer...
13-4-2012
Med's Request
June 19, 2012
Med's Done....
June 20, 2012
Anik said:
Did you get a mailed letter or email?
Did you get any emails from them recently? Me and mohalite also got an email last week that referred to the date when the original application was received and provided the file number...

What about the November 25 letter (requesting additonal documents)? Did they mail it to the correct address or also to the old one?

(they clearly have a bit of a mess with regards to addresses and whether to mail or email people)
I got mail, no emails till now even though I provided one and I am the representative.. In the letter there is a File............and 12 numbers after that but it doesnt work when i check online status, it says the file nr is a 9 digit nr. The first letter on November that requested additional documents was sent at my old address too, but I changed it online and in all the documents that we sibmeted now i wrote the new address.
The only way for me to check the status is the receipt nr that I paid for processing fee when I initially submeted the sponsorship appl. on 2008

asidhu5

Star Member
Jan 5, 2012
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2009
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
29-03-2012
File Transfer...
13-04-2012
Med's Request
19-06-2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2012
LANDED..........
Landing 24-02-2013
mash_afg said:
hello dear why u say that u regret sending the police certificate for what reason ?
as alot say it is good if we can send police certificate this time as complete package
i appreciate ur reply
thanks
I regret sending PCC coz it has expired . and they will probably ask for new PCC again.(PCC's have 3 month validity)
So first PCC was a wasted effort. Their letter is quite confusing as are so many other things.

Lastly, it depends on country also.............like in India, my mom got it next day.............I would advise that if in any country it takes longer than 1 month to obtain PCC, one should contact CIC call center and ask questions.
But i still think, no need to send PCC now.

It also depends on when u applied. People who applied in 2008 are seeing there files transferred to Ottawa/Local Office.
I applied in Jan 2009, so for 2009 applicants, no file transfers are occuring soon.
so if ur 2009 applicant - dont send PCC. It will be a waste of time and money.
Same like how some ppl sent IELTS cert. and then CIC asked for IELTS again coz IELTS results expired.

mahbubeh

Star Member
Jun 3, 2010
alba1 said:
I got mail, no emails till now even though I provided one and I am the representative.. In the letter there is a File............and 12 numbers after that but it doesnt work when i check online status, it says the file nr is a 9 digit nr. The first letter on November that requested additional documents was sent at my old address too, but I changed it online and in all the documents that we sibmeted now i wrote the new address.
The only way for me to check the status is the receipt nr that I paid for processing fee when I initially submeted the sponsorship appl. on 2008
File number never worked for me. You can use UCI for checking status as well

asidhu5

Star Member
Jan 5, 2012
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2009
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
29-03-2012
File Transfer...
13-04-2012
Med's Request
19-06-2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2012
LANDED..........
Landing 24-02-2013
orchids8 said:
Thank you asidhu5. I'll send in the completed documents as requested. I'll send in whatever is in the checklist and consider that as mandatory. It's confusing when they also say PCC and medical records on the guide that they've provided.

Did you provide CIC with an email for communication or left it out? It's strange why they can't do both.. email and snail mail.
Orchid, dont read too much into Guide 3998E. Just follow the checklist (They say in the letter to not gollow the guide; just the checklist)

Yes, I did provide CIC with an e-mail, but they still sent me regular e-mail.
AFAIK(as far as i know)- E-mail comes once ur file gets transfeered to Ottawa or Local office (Ottawa is obviously fast in sending e-mails)
But for us 2009 applicant; file transfers will take time.

mahbubeh

Star Member
Jun 3, 2010
orchids8 said:
Thanks, mahbubeh. If I'm reading the guide 3998 correctly, it says that "the certificate must have been issued no more than 3 months prior to submitting your application." I suppose that CIC can request the certificates after we submit the additional documents.
I don't know about the guide. I did not send the PCC with documents. They will ask you to submit it with the medical test results. So if getting PCC in your parents cases is not a lengthy process, wait till they ask for it. If it is a lengthy process, apply for it so that it will be ready when they ask for it.
How lonh after file transfer you receive request for medical and PCC?
It used to be 3-4 weeks but I believe it is longer now so watch other peoples time line to have an idea when is the best to apply for PCC.

Good luck