+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents received PR - Which insurance is best for drug coverage?

yourfather

Jan 31, 2018
Hello All,

My Parents received PR recently and got the OHIP card as well. Any suggestions on which insurance provider is best for drug coverage? Thanks in advance

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello All,

My Parents received PR recently and got the OHIP card as well. Any suggestions on which insurance provider is best for drug coverage? Thanks in advance
Private pay coverage for medications is typically not worth it. Most don’t provide coverage for medications already taking and charge a large fee for minimal coverage. Most have to pay out of pocket for their medication. If paying a significant amount every year on medication(often thousands) then there are some provincial plans that can help. How old are they and where do you/they live? You seem to have already benefited from IRCC incompetence and didn’t actually qualify to be part of EOI2020 yet your parents got PR so what’s a little extra money on prescriptions medication…

yourfather

Jan 31, 2018
Private pay coverage for medications is typically not worth it. Most don’t provide coverage for medications already taking and charge a large fee for minimal coverage. Most have to pay out of pocket for their medication. If paying a significant amount every year on medication(often thousands) then there are some provincial plans that can help. How old are they and where do you/they live? You seem to have already benefited from IRCC incompetence and didn’t actually qualify to be part of EOI2020 yet your parents got PR so what’s a little extra money on prescriptions medication…
Sir you shud find something meaningful to do with your life, coz according to you IRCC is always incompetent, yet you keep posting here. if you recall I went against your imaginary idea/threat, I did travel abroad during the majority of my spousal sponsorship, but got approved

Sorry yet again its not your day. They are both added to my work insurance for small additional charge (<full tank of gas). So they got their first prescriptions and paramedical covered. Pls find a chill pill at a local dispensary until I come back to this forum with another sucess story.

PS: I am also looking for SUBSIDIZED housing, day care, heat pump etc.. any suggestions sir? :)

Last edited:

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Sir you shud find something meaningful to do with your life, coz according to you IRCC is always incompetent, yet you keep posting here. if you recall I went against your imaginary idea/threat, I did travel abroad during the majority of my spousal sponsorship, but got approved

Sorry yet again its not your day. They are both added to my work insurance for small additional charge (<full tank of gas). So they got their first prescriptions and paramedical covered. Pls find a chill pill at a local dispensary until I come back to this forum with another sucess story.

PS: I am also looking for SUBSIDIZED housing, day care, heat pump etc.. any suggestions sir? :)
Then why did you even post here in the first place?

* If you’re so smart , why didn’t you look into health care coverage BEFORE they moved?

You ACTUALLY work ? Like for real ?

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015

You are a good storyteller, you should write a book about your shenanigans in Canada. The only subsidized housing I can recommend you is prison

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Then we are you asking about drug plans? That is highly unusual to add parents to extended benefit especially for low fee plans so insurance companies may review and deny this. Or your own company may realize the cost of adding your parents and stop this possibility. Will wait and whether IRCC does their job when reviewing citizenship. People can lose PR if it is discovered they got it based on misrepresentation. make no apologizes for standing up for people who follow the rules.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

You can also try for certain rebates and incentives in getting an EV.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Yea, also looking for solar panels under subsidy.. VIP members here sound like big time acheivers.. wow keep it coming
Obviously from your postings and the fact you’re asking about health coverage for your parents AFTER they’ve already arrived , the VIP members on here are FAR ahead of you … in many things
What a dolt

yourfather

Jan 31, 2018
Obviously from your postings and the fact you’re asking about health coverage for your parents AFTER they’ve already arrived , the VIP members on here are FAR ahead of you … in many things
What a dolt
Well I got a life outside this forum which is quite the difference. Both my parents are covered for drugs and parameds with Sunlife for under $100. Members who cant take the crop sold by the wannabe VIP members DM me for help, as a fact I helped one member with the insurance details and that is the only reason I login here. I answer with my real life experience, not a fake wannabe vip member who is totally unqualifed to even abbreviate IRCC. Keep it coming, this is fun..

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Well I got a life outside this forum which is quite the difference. Both my parents are covered for drugs and parameds with Sunlife for under $100. Members who cant take the crop sold by the wannabe VIP members DM me for help, as a fact I helped one member with the insurance details and that is the only reason I login here. I answer with my real life experience, not a fake wannabe vip member who is totally unqualifed to even abbreviate IRCC. Keep it coming, this is fun..
Your mother