+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents Online tracker updated to closed but children tracker is still in-progress

techLover

Aug 29, 2016
Yesterday, for me and my spouse online tracker was updated with the message congratulations on becoming a Canadian citizen. But for our children under 9 years old, the online tracker still says in progress. Is this normal? During the Citizenship/oath ceremony, I believe they told us there is no need to send the Oath form from the minor neither from the parents (on the half of the minor) to the case officer. So, I only send the Oath form for myself and for my spouse, not for children. I did correct or I am missing something for the children to send back to officer?

navid2014

Jul 9, 2014
Yesterday, for me and my spouse online tracker was updated with the message congratulations on becoming a Canadian citizen. But for our children under 9 years old, the online tracker still says in progress. Is this normal? During the Citizenship/oath ceremony, I believe they told us there is no need to send the Oath form from the minor neither from the parents (on the half of the minor) to the case officer. So, I only send the Oath form for myself and for my spouse, not for children. I did correct or I am missing something for the children to send back to officer?
Yes its normal, I also did not sent the oath form for my kid and he received his Citizenship Certificate without any issues.

Reactions: techLover

techLover

Aug 29, 2016
@navid2014, I received citizenship certificate for myself and spouse but not for kids yet. How it was for you, you received citizenship certificate for whole family at once or on different days?

navid2014

Jul 9, 2014
@navid2014, I received citizenship certificate for myself and spouse but not for kids yet. How it was for you, you received citizenship certificate for whole family at once or on different days?
Yes for all us was in a single envelope, that is '3' Citizenship certificates in total.

navid2014

Jul 9, 2014
secondly, when I log in to online tracker, for us (adults) it says
Your citizenship application status: Closed

but for kids, it says "in progress"
Try sending an email to the clerk to whom you have earlier sent your Oath forms that you have not received Citizenship certificate for your kid.

techLover

Aug 29, 2016
Hi there, They didn't replied to my email but online tracker for both kids updated from in-progress to congratulations message.