Visa Office......
CPC- Misissauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 24, 2011
Med's Done....
May 25, 2011
Anyone who can help me to answer my inquiry....

My parents are now here in Winnipeg, Canada for tourist but they have application for permanent resident in-process. After a long waiting, now Canadian Embassy Manila (CEM) send a letter that they are requesting for a medical test as one of the requirements for their permanent resident application. But our problem is our parents are now here in Canada for a tourist, We just want to know is there a way that they can make their medical test here in Canada even the request letter is from CEM. Pls... help...

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
josh_chinaeyes09 said:
Anyone who can help me to answer my inquiry....

My parents are now here in Winnipeg, Canada for tourist but they have application for permanent resident in-process. After a long waiting, now Canadian Embassy Manila (CEM) send a letter that they are requesting for a medical test as one of the requirements for their permanent resident application. But our problem is our parents are now here in Canada for a tourist, We just want to know is there a way that they can make their medical test here in Canada even the request letter is from CEM. Pls... help...
Yes you can do a medical in Canada.

Contact a DMP.

http://immipedia.ca/Medical_Tests

josh_chinaeyes09

Star Member
Mar 5, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- Misissauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 24, 2011
Med's Done....
May 25, 2011
but we are in Winnipeg, Manitoba. There is no Winnipeg in the list just Ottawa. Can I make a call to embassy philippines to tell what we can do?

josh_chinaeyes09

Star Member
Mar 5, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- Misissauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 24, 2011
Med's Done....
May 25, 2011
baloo,

thank you very much, i already see some DMP here in winnipeg, can you tell me what is the first thing we can do, because the request letter is from canadian embassy philippines (CEM), so do we need to call to CEM about our situation?

Anik

Dec 13, 2011
josh_chinaeyes09 said:
baloo,

thank you very much, i already see some DMP here in winnipeg, can you tell me what is the first thing we can do, because the request letter is from canadian embassy philippines (CEM), so do we need to call to CEM about our situation?
Have you tried calling anyone? If so, what advice did they give? I am concerned about ending up in a similar situation because my parents are also in the process of permanent residence application and we usually have them coming here every year for the summer. So, i am worried what if the request for medicals comes while they are here?

I am also wondering whether DMPs from different countries send their medical results to different places? I know that for European local visa offices medicals usually are being sent to London for review. So, not sure what happens if say parents have medicals with DMP here in canada (but their case is in a european local visa office)? Will they send to some place else and will the medical get lost? Does the local visa office need to be notified?
Not sure where it has to go in case of Phillipines local office - maybe you can clarify how it works for you

Please share your experience - I am sure readers here will greatly appreciate it ! Hopefully your parents can have the medical here in Canada.

By the way, did the medical papers come to your parents' address in Phillipines or to your canadian address (I assume you are a sponsor). What did you specify as mailing address in your application - yours or theirs?
I am asking because I heard some different outcomes - some people had medicals sent to their parents country/address even though they specified sponsor's address as mailing address and completed the use of representative form. Others had medical papers sent to sponsor in canada (as they requested) but this resulted in loss of almost 20 days of those 60 days allocated for medical.

Have you seen any changes in your online status when medicals were sent? From what I heard from some other people, It seems that it is impossible to know just from the online status that medicals have been sent...(which is really bad in case one's parents are visiting in canada and have no one else back in their country to check their mailbox)

chaira

Feb 8, 2012
hello

we're actually thinking to bring my inlaws as tourists in toronto canadafrom pinas theres steps on CIC..but i get confuse with all the infos and steps you have to follow.been googling all night till i found this website.would you mind telling us how you did the process(you can find me on skype hai.con.abad or you can email me at r.cacai@yahoo.ca) to kindly discuss the steps how you brought your parents abroad...im not sure about the forms to fill out..printed it all and in ready to fill-up..

have the letter ready but dont have a date for them to come yet undecided with that one still...confuse where to send it ( if us sending the mail to immigration or my inlaws sending it to immigraton?)
kindly help us with the steps..or process to make easier thank you so much very appreciated...