+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

parents landing

parpari

Sep 29, 2009
Hello everyone:
I applied for sponsorship of my parents in 2008 and now they are at the immigration visa stage. They should do landing in a few months. I have changed jobs and now I am in a different city than what I put in their application where they would be landing. So if they land in Toronto now (instead of Calgary) is there going to be a problem? Also, do I have to be present and bring in any documentation when they are doing the landing? Or do they have to bring documentation about the job and salary of their sponsor? And what sort of questions they will be asked? They speak English not very well and I want to prepare them with the sort of questions the officer might ask them.
If you know about these or have first-hand experience, I appreciate it if you share it with me.
Thank you very much,

northyork_beaver

Star Member
Feb 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My mom doesn't speak English, she landed last may 2012. I met her on the arrival area with the big smile. FOR YOUR MOM... DONT WORRY.. EVERYTHING WILL BE FINE TO HER. :)

sakamath

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
17-May-2012
File Transfer...
8 Mar 2012
Med's Request
26-Nov-2012
Med's Done....
24-Dec-2012
Passport Req..
26-Nov-2012
VISA ISSUED...
App abandoned in July '14
Along with the passport with the visa stamped, your parents would receive a document called COPR (Confirmation of Permanent Residence). Your parents should confirm that the names and dates of birth on the passport match that on the passport.

When you parents land, at the immigration counter, they would be sent to another office where papers for those who land for the first time are processed. Here the officer will compare and confirm the information on the COPR and stamp it. This is proof that your parents became Canadian PR. Make sure your parents get a copy of the stamped COPR. Your parents would also have to provide your residential address (in Canada). This is where their PR cards would be mailed. So make sure you provide them with this. That's all about "landing". If they speak reasonable English that should be more than enough. Your presence or any documents from your side are not required once the visa is issued.

It does not matter in which city they land. They can land or reside in any city - irrespective of what was mentioned on the application.

Congratulations and all the best!

parpari

Sep 29, 2009
northyork_beaver said:
My mom doesn't speak English, she landed last may 2012. I met her on the arrival area with the big smile. FOR YOUR MOM... DONT WORRY.. EVERYTHING WILL BE FINE TO HER. :)
Thank you very much northyork_beaver for your info and the nice wishes :)

parpari

Sep 29, 2009
sakamath said:
Along with the passport with the visa stamped, your parents would receive a document called COPR (Confirmation of Permanent Residence). Your parents should confirm that the names and dates of birth on the passport match that on the passport.

When you parents land, at the immigration counter, they would be sent to another office where papers for those who land for the first time are processed. Here the officer will compare and confirm the information on the COPR and stamp it. This is proof that your parents became Canadian PR. Make sure your parents get a copy of the stamped COPR. Your parents would also have to provide your residential address (in Canada). This is where their PR cards would be mailed. So make sure you provide them with this. That's all about "landing". If they speak reasonable English that should be more than enough. Your presence or any documents from your side are not required once the visa is issued.

It does not matter in which city they land. They can land or reside in any city - irrespective of what was mentioned on the application.

Congratulations and all the best!
Thank you very much Sakamath for your response. So they will not be scrutinized over why they are not landing in the city that I (the sponsor) lives (or mentioned in the application)? That's my main concern, that if such thing comes up in conversation with the agent, they might be asked to show proof that their sponsor is living in the city that they are landing and show address on the power/utility bills, etc.