+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents Landing for First Time..Requirements?

piscean5

Star Member
Nov 11, 2009
Hi All
My parents have received their PR under family class sponsorship. They would be landing in Canada in next 2 weeks.
My question primarily concerns on what are the requirements/fomalities, if any, they need to complete before and on landing.

e.g. Do they need to show proof that they have sold everything back home in India and are bringing everything here or they would be doing so in future?

Any other requirements?

Thanks in advance

Sidhu

sakamath

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
17-May-2012
File Transfer...
8 Mar 2012
Med's Request
26-Nov-2012
Med's Done....
24-Dec-2012
Passport Req..
26-Nov-2012
VISA ISSUED...
App abandoned in July '14
piscean5 said:
Hi All
My parents have received their PR under family class sponsorship. They would be landing in Canada in next 2 weeks.
My question primarily concerns on what are the requirements/fomalities, if any, they need to complete before and on landing.

e.g. Do they need to show proof that they have sold everything back home in India and are bringing everything here or they would be doing so in future?

Any other requirements?

Thanks in advance

Sidhu
Hi Sidhu,

First of all, Congratulations on your parents getting their visa. The procedure for landing is the same as a normal PR (except they do not have to show proof of money to support themselves as you are sponsoring them). Apart from the documents CIC/LVO had provided at the time of issuing the Visa, nothing else would be required.

northyork_beaver

Star Member
Feb 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi piscean5 congrat's :)... your parents need to show only passport and COPR to immigration officer at the point of entry. To your parents "WELCOME TO CANADA". :)

bloomfield

Star Member
Nov 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2006
File Transfer...
05-09-2008
Med's Request
13-06-2011
Med's Done....
20-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
18-04-2012
LANDED..........
04-06-2012
My mom just landed last Monday with PR. It's very simple. All they need is Passport & COPR. Also make sure that they know your complete address and phone number as they will receive their PR card at this address.
Also it's good to have a copy of your birth certificate. My mom had with her but she was not asked to show it.

aljarreau

Sep 28, 2009
Germany
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2007
Doc's Request.
01-02-2010
AOR Received.
05-10-2007
IELTS Request
No IELTS
Med's Request
20-06-2010
Med's Done....
13-08-2010
Interview........
No Interview
Passport Req..
20-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-11-2010
LANDED..........
23-07-2011
Hi guys,
i have many questions concerning the sponsorship for my mother and her dependent(s).
My sister lives since 20 years in Canada. She also has the canadian citizenship. She applied to sponsor our mother in year 2006 (through Mississauga and now the local Visa Office in Dakar). last week the VO in Dakar requested the passports for the visas. Three Persons were included in the application: My mother, her Husband (my father) and my brother (the dependents of the main applicant). Now the questions:

1- Are the fees paid twice? In the passport request the VO wrote "you have to pay the fees if they haven't been paid"
but my sister (the sponsor) had paid already some kind of fees long time ago in Mississauga, except the fees for my father (dependent and husband
of the main applicant). The VO has not provided the bank account for the fees!!

1.a- Which kind of fees exist in the sponsorship? are the fees paid twice?

2- When the visas will be issued, can my mother (the main applicant) travel first alone to validate the visa without her dependents (husband
and son)?
if yes: after the main applicant has landed to validate her visa, how long time the dependents have to validate their visa?

3- The main applicant has also a form to fill. All her children have to be mentioned on the form (accompanying or not). Each child must have his own Form to fill or a single Form must contain all children?

Note: my mother and her dependents have all underwent the medical check. My brother is "mandatory" in the application but my father ist "optional". That means my brother must immigrate to Canada but my father could immigrate

As you see i have many questions that cause headaches :-\
Any help will be appreciated
Thanks in advance