+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents holding canadian PR and submission of IMM 5604

harish

Dec 3, 2005
india
Hello,

I am confused for CHC new delhi asking IMM 5604.

I am in canada with canadian PR . My wife is in India and has canadian PR. My daughter born in india and recently I sponsored her for canadian PR.
My wife told , she got letter that CHC New Delhi has asked to fill out IMM 5604 and submit copy of photo ID proof. Later, visa officer called my home and talked to my wife and asked about this form ASAP to process daughter's application as medical is now 11 months old.

Any clarification or advise? Why they need IMM 5604 when both parents has canaidan PR and I am sponsoring my child ? It looks weird that I am sponsoring the child and giving NOC as non- accompanying parent???

Thanks in advance.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
I would just give them what they ask for. Fill out the form and send it in.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Did your wife not explain the situation when she was contacted?

The IMM5604 does not apply to your situation, as both parents will be with the child. Send a CSE and explain this. You could also contact your MP and ask them to make an inquiry on your behalf.

harish

Dec 3, 2005
india
HI
Thanks for reply, I'll be sending this form. However one question. How to send it ? Do they need original IMM 5604 or scaned copy is ok?CHC letter doesnot say anything on it.

Can I send it as scaned copy in email. I can reply to VO email in which he sent me this request .
OR
Is it advisable to upload on "Case Specifi Enquiry " form and sent it? As the name implies "case specifi enquiry form" , it should be for clarification of doubts and not for submission? Am I correct on this? I see on CHC web site , it is the only link where CHC has option to upload the document.

I have this confusion because my wife has signed part II of the child sponsorship application and she is with the child in India. My email address is given at CHC new delhi for correspondence, but I am in Canada. and I donot know CHC new delhi can talk to me or ask about the representative form to be filled out. Child is 2.5 years old.
Thanks,

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
harish said:
Thanks for reply, I'll be sending this form. However one question. How to send it ? Do they need original IMM 5604 or scaned copy is ok?CHC letter doesnot say anything on it.

Can I send it as scaned copy in email. I can reply to VO email in which he sent me this request .
OR
Is it advisable to upload on "Case Specifi Enquiry " form and sent it? As the name implies "case specifi enquiry form" , it should be for clarification of doubts and not for submission? Am I correct on this? I see on CHC web site , it is the only link where CHC has option to upload the document.

I have this confusion because my wife has signed part II of the child sponsorship application and she is with the child in India. My email address is given at CHC new delhi for correspondence, but I am in Canada. and I donot know CHC new delhi can talk to me or ask about the representative form to be filled out. Child is 2.5 years old.
IMM5604 must be notarized, so CIC must receive the original. However, this form does NOT apply to you; filling it out means you are stating that your wife will not be accompanying the child, which is not true.

harish

Dec 3, 2005
india
Thanks canuck_in_uk for your input,

In IMM 5604 , I have to fill out the name with whom the child will travel and relationship of child with her.

The content of the form reads as --
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I ------------- declare that I have no objections to my child ------child's name-------- immigrate to canada with his/her parent/ guardian:
----------(name of parent/guradian)---- -----------Relationship to child----.

I have read and understand the content of this letter and by signing and returning this letter, I am confirming that I fully understand that I may be permanently separated from above named child.
I further understand that if I wish to enter canada, as a temperarory resident or permanent resident, I must comply with all the requirements of the immigration& refugee protection act and regulations in force at the time of my application.

To be completed by non-accompanying parent/guardian, former spouse, or former common law partner, in front ot the witness.
---- Rest of the form is for signatures of declarent and witness notary-----------------------------------------------

So I donot understand your meaning in reply that " filling it out means you are telling that your wife will not be accompanying the child" .

Note that my wife's PR is expiring 10 days after the child's medical expiry date. VO called my home and spoke to my wife and is aware of this dates and also confirmed that my wife wants to travel with child. Further VO also told ," we have a short time and send it whatever means , by scan etc. " But the letter received does not say about that we can send it by other means to expedite delivery.

I'll appreciate reply,

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
It still does not apply to you. It is for situations where a foreign parent is not immigrating to Canada and therefore is required to give permission for their child to immigrate without them.

steller

Mar 2, 2015
Hello canuck_in_uk, Please advise if the child immigrating to Canada has attained age of majority (ie he is not a minor) at the time of submitting the PR application. Then what happens in that scenario, do the non-accompanying parent still required to submit IMM5604. Awaiting your response.. Thanks!

harish

Dec 3, 2005
india
I am updating this post further:

On sept 8th 2015, I got letter which reads, " Please submit a completed declaration from non-accompanying parent/ guardian for minors immigrating to canad form ( IMM 5604) for. Note that at photocopy of a valid and legible government issued photo identity document of the non accompany parent / guradian must be included. (from mother--- mother's name).This must be received at this office by 2015/oct/8" .

I (sponsor) provided IMM 5604 for being a non-accompanying parent when my child will begin the trevel for Canada.

NOW, I got another letter from CHC, New Delhi on 21 Oct 2015 ( Right next day after mother's PR card expired). They are asking consent from the mother.

The letter reads, " Kindly provide us with consent form your mother as she is not the sponsor. YOu have provided us with consent from your father who is the sponsor. This must be received at this office by : 2015/11/20" .

Any help on this ? Currently mohter's PR card has expired and is in Canada to renew it under expedited process.

Do we let CHC, New Delhi, know that mother has traveld to canada to renew PR. OR

can mother send the requested information from canada?
Thanks in advance!

surta

Mar 9, 2018
I am updating this post further:

On sept 8th 2015, I got letter which reads, " Please submit a completed declaration from non-accompanying parent/ guardian for minors immigrating to canad form ( IMM 5604) for. Note that at photocopy of a valid and legible government issued photo identity document of the non accompany parent / guradian must be included. (from mother--- mother's name).This must be received at this office by 2015/oct/8" .

I (sponsor) provided IMM 5604 for being a non-accompanying parent when my child will begin the trevel for Canada.

NOW, I got another letter from CHC, New Delhi on 21 Oct 2015 ( Right next day after mother's PR card expired). They are asking consent from the mother.

The letter reads, " Kindly provide us with consent form your mother as she is not the sponsor. YOu have provided us with consent from your father who is the sponsor. This must be received at this office by : 2015/11/20" .

Any help on this ? Currently mohter's PR card has expired and is in Canada to renew it under expedited process.

Do we let CHC, New Delhi, know that mother has traveld to canada to renew PR. OR

can mother send the requested information from canada?
Thanks in advance!
Hi Harish,
I am in similar situation just like you. Can you please provide the solution of yiur problem?

sidpadki

Star Member
Oct 16, 2019
Hello experts,

Can someone advise if IMM5604 is really required?

Me and wife are both Canadian PR since March 2022. I am back in Canada since March 2024 and working full time. My wife and 1 yr old kid is in home country. Kid was born in 2023.

Does my wife need to provide imm5604 declaration from non accompanying parent for my kid pr sponsorship?

The kid already has a visitor visa and they both are scheduled to land in Canada in June. I want to submit her PR application ASAP as it's takes many months for PR approval and she will be on visitors visa which last only 6 months

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello experts,

Can someone advise if IMM5604 is really required?

Me and wife are both Canadian PR since March 2022. I am back in Canada since March 2024 and working full time. My wife and 1 yr old kid is in home country. Kid was born in 2023.

Does my wife need to provide imm5604 declaration from non accompanying parent for my kid pr sponsorship?

The kid already has a visitor visa and they both are scheduled to land in Canada in June. I want to submit her PR application ASAP as it's takes many months for PR approval and she will be on visitors visa which last only 6 months
My understanding is no, you should just note somehow that both parents remain together (as a couple) and that the mother will return to Canada and live with the child.

sidpadki

Star Member
Oct 16, 2019
My understanding is no, you should just note somehow that both parents remain together (as a couple) and that the mother will return to Canada and live with the child.
Should I add a explanation note explaining our circumstances and mentioning the declaration is not required as mother is already a PR and will stay back once she comes with kid to canada