+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program (PGP) 2023

manhar1985

Star Member
May 22, 2015
Thank you for this. Combined income needs to be met ? Right?

Also question regarding birth certificates, my parents don't have a birth certificates available? Not sure if we can reapply for this in India? Or is there an alternate option?
Parents birth certificates are only required if you are applying for grandparents. If only parents then you need to submit your BC to proof relationship. Also, if you have parents graduation or 10th markssheet that can act as a birth proof as well.

manhar1985

Star Member
May 22, 2015
Question for all experienced people here - In July 2023 I got letter from CRA asking me to send some invoice for my office expenses as I declared $5000 as office expenses as my deduction for year 2020. I uploaded explanation letter along with justification of $5000 expenses. It's been 4.5 months now I haven't heard anything back yet from CRa. Looks like my 2020 NOA needs to be reassessed but I am waiting for a response back from CRA. Also it's just relate to $5000 as my deduction. There is no impact to my income. Can this impact my PGP application assuming CRA is too slow and may not send me new NOW on time?

kevinmanojkumar1990

Star Member
Feb 21, 2017
Dear People,

My parents did not register their marriage 40 years back with the Govt but they have church issued marriage certificate with all details. Can that act as a marriage certificate or is it better i get that certificate notorized. I am also planning to highlight passport which bears spouse name for both along with other financial documents that prove the relationship.pls advice

mws87

Aug 3, 2016
I had a question for applying for the PGP, I will be filling out the information for my father (principal applicant) and mother on their behalf. I understand the forms for the PA needs to be filled online on the permanent resident portal (PR Portal). Can I create the log in using my own email address and then fill the forms on their behalf? Or do I need to create the PR Portal log in using my father email only? - I will also be submitting a use of representative form for them as I would be filling out the docs/ forms for them

Just want to get an idea as monitoring my own email over the next 23/24 months (processing time for PGP) would be easier than asking my father to keep an eye out for emails as he does not monitor the emails regularly.

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
Hi All,
After waiting for 6 years, finally I received the Golden email yesterday.
Need less to say I am very happy, but I understand many of them are waiting and are all Deserving to bring their parents for various reasons. Hang in there pls and all the Best you to get your Golden Email Invite, Prayers - God Bless.
I am from Toronto region received, Oct 17th 12pm.

Is there any WhatsApp group for people who got invited this year -2023 - we can fill the applications together and discuss on doubts while filling. Also Is it better to do it ourselves or to go thro Immig-Agency ?

Regards !
Many congratulation ,
You better fill the forms by yourself

No need for any agency

Reactions: find_anand

Nedi27

Star Member
Oct 19, 2023
Hi to all just got the invite and were trying to start the application process, I just a have a question do I have to create two accounts at the PR portal one each parent or can I create one a principal applicant then add the spouse as a dependent. Thanks and congrats to all that got the invite.

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
I had a question for applying for the PGP, I will be filling out the information for my father (principal applicant) and mother on their behalf. I understand the forms for the PA needs to be filled online on the permanent resident portal (PR Portal). Can I create the log in using my own email address and then fill the forms on their behalf? Or do I need to create the PR Portal log in using my father email only? - I will also be submitting a use of representative form for them as I would be filling out the docs/ forms for them

Just want to get an idea as monitoring my own email over the next 23/24 months (processing time for PGP) would be easier than asking my father to keep an eye out for emails as he does not monitor the emails regularly.
Best way is to create account for your father email id and you keep password OR redirect all email to your email id consist IRCC ,
Same i did , when I applied Super visa for my parents ,
I was handling every thing with their ID.

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
Hi to all just got the invite and were trying to start the application process, I just a have a question do I have to create two accounts at the PR portal one each parent or can I create one a principal applicant then add the spouse as a dependent. Thanks and congrats to all that got the invite.
One Account

Good luck

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
Dear People,

My parents did not register their marriage 40 years back with the Govt but they have church issued marriage certificate with all details. Can that act as a marriage certificate or is it better i get that certificate notorized. I am also planning to highlight passport which bears spouse name for both along with other financial documents that prove the relationship.pls advice
Nothing to worry , you can provide Affidavit , with an explanation letter ,
IRCC accepts that

Good Luck

cn1

Star Member
Aug 10, 2020
I am not sure next year, too many people so frustract for many interet to sponsor picked not qualified, lots of sound goes in MP.
We are not sure next coupke year they still use 2020 pool. I unconfirmed heard something, next year if someome picked from 2020 pool, they may be ask 4 years LICO (2020 - 2023). I am not sure It is true or not.
Will see

cn1

Star Member
Aug 10, 2020
I think any people who qualified in 2020 pool. they will not say no even if IRCC ask 6 years NOA, 2017 - 2022.