+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program (PGP) 2023

pg23

Dec 7, 2023
I guess call IRCC and ask if they have got it. If yes then its should be fine.
Yes...thats the option left. As per ircc they state medical will be updated within 30 days from appointment booking date...so will call once this exceeds

Nov 27, 2023
Hi, I received PCC request for my parents. Question, in last 10 years my mom has once lived in Canada for more than 6 months, do i need to get PCC from Canada also?

Whistle

Nov 17, 2023
I got AOR last Friday. While submitting the form, I paid biometrics fees as I was not confident that my parents did biometrics earlier in 2019. And my parents didn't remember if their biometrics were done or not.
Now after I linked their account, I got to know that my parents did biometrics in Aug, 2019 and it is valid till Aug, 2029.
Can I get the biometrics fees back?

Application submitted: Dec 3rd
Additional Doc submitted: Mar 15th
AOR: May 10th.

CecDec2013

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
As long as your mom lived more than 6 months in Canada, she will need PCC from Canada.
I am in a similar situation, My mom visited 2 times in the last 10 years which is more then 6 months. She is in India now. How to apply for PCC in Canada if she is not in Canada currently?

I just got AOR on Friday not PCC request yet.

GZB-Victoria

Dec 9, 2016
Hello everyone,
I received my eCOPR (electronic Confirmation of Permanent Residence) today, and my parents have successfully obtained their Permanent Residency status. I want to extend my sincere gratitude to each of you for your invaluable support and for generously sharing your own experiences. Your encouragement has been instrumental in this achievement. Thank you all, and best wishes to everyone on their respective journeys.

project_canada

Star Member
Jan 13, 2015
BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
10-20-2023
AOR Received.
24-04-2024
Med's Request
25-04-2024
Hello everyone,
I received my eCOPR (electronic Confirmation of Permanent Residence) today, and my parents have successfully obtained their Permanent Residency status. I want to extend my sincere gratitude to each of you for your invaluable support and for generously sharing your own experiences. Your encouragement has been instrumental in this achievement. Thank you all, and best wishes to everyone on their respective journeys.
Congratulations to you and your family! Do you mind sharing your timeline and the CPC for your application? Thank you!

shimnui1

Jun 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am in a similar situation, My mom visited 2 times in the last 10 years which is more then 6 months. She is in India now. How to apply for PCC in Canada if she is not in Canada currently?

I just got AOR on Friday not PCC request yet.
Folks, for all of you who are wondering about PCC from Canada. You don't need one until and unless specifically asked by IRCC. IRCC will mention in your letter which countries specifically they need the PCC for. Source below:

https://ircc.canada.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=037&top=4

shimnui1

Jun 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone,
Congrats! What were your IRCC Portal email (P1 and P2) dates?

Shankar Iyer

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
Hello,

Does anyone have their file being processed by IRCC Montreal? If so can you pleas tell me what's the wait time you've noticed between different stages of your application?

Thanks

GZB-Victoria

Dec 9, 2016
My Timeline Follows:

PGP 2023

Application: for both Parents Inland application from B.C.

Citizen: India

Invitation Received: 13-Oct-2023

Application Submitted: 01- Nov-2023

GC key linked: 13- March-2024

Additional docs request: 31-Jan-2024 (Voter ID, Aadhaar Card, Sponsor's School certificate, New Update Passport)

Additional docs submitted: Re submitted16-Feb-2024

AOR Received: 26-Mar-2024

Biometric request: 26-Mar-2024

Biometric Given: 03-April-2024

Sponsor Approval: 27-Mar-2024

File transferred to CPC-Mississauga to Montreal: 15-April-2024

Medical request: (My Parents did in October 2018 while applied for Supervisa)

Medical Passed: N/A

PCC request: 05-April-2024: Summited-05-April-2024 Same day.

Pre-arrival Letter: 27-Mar-2024 (Came from Mississauga Office)

PR Portal Information asked by IRCC: April-11-2024 (Came from Montreal Office)

PR Portal Login provided by IRCC: May-8-2024

eCOPR: May-13-2024

Reactions: chotu123

Solarmanng

Nov 11, 2015
Hello everyone,
Congratulations!

Solarmanng

Nov 11, 2015
I got AOR last Friday. While submitting the form, I paid biometrics fees as I was not confident that my parents did biometrics earlier in 2019. And my parents didn't remember if their biometrics were done or not.
Now after I linked their account, I got to know that my parents did biometrics in Aug, 2019 and it is valid till Aug, 2029.
Can I get the biometrics fees back?

Application submitted: Dec 3rd
Additional Doc submitted: Mar 15th
AOR: May 10th.
Note that IRCC requires a new biometrics for PR applications despite having a valid one from previous visitor visa applications. Therefore, do not bother asking for any refunds as you’re already in right path. Good luck!

Reactions: Whistle