+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

wizardofwest90210

Star Member
Oct 18, 2022
Hello everyone, for Police Clearance, (we have not received a request specifically for it), We wanted to get one ahead of time and send it via email. Is there a specific form that needs to be filled in like the medical tests, or is it just get a clearance, and then send/upload? thanks.

canada88

Oct 19, 2014
Hi Friends,
How to submit any documents directly from the sequre account as CIC letter requested. I do not mean WEB FORM. I mean directly from the account.
Thanks

yourfather

Jan 31, 2018
Yes, same here. I got Status update - 17th october - Final decision is in progress
18th October - Received Pre arrival letter

NOTHING after that so far...
Received Pre-Arrival in Aug. Nov 16th - Final Decision in Progress and no updates after that.

Applied my 5th GCMS notes last week and called IRCC almost every week and no updates. I think we are the few selected candidates who end up with a full fledge BGC? typically with my other applications, PPR comes the very next day after the file reaches Final decision stage. Were your parents Govt employees into police or military?

Processing office Mississauga. Last explanation from IRCC call center was that the "Officer is taking a bit more time to finalize the application"

Last edited:

katezhu

Star Member
Mar 7, 2023
Received Pre-Arrival in Aug. Nov 16th - Final Decision in Progress and no updates after that.

Applied my 5th GCMS notes last week and called IRCC almost every week and no updates. I think we are the few selected candidates who end up with a full fledge BGC? typically with my other applications, PPR comes the very next day after the file reaches Final decision stage. Were your parents Govt employees into police or military?

Processing office Mississauga. Last explanation from IRCC call center was that the "Officer is taking a bit more time to finalize the application"
My parents passed medical exam on Oct 20, 2023 and all other PCC (March 17, 2023), Biometrics (Feb 28, 2023) were done.

On Oct 26, 2023, received a request letter to update my parents' resume.

After that, no updates.

My father had four years of military history. Is that the reason to cause the delay?

Abhilashg

Mar 2, 2022
Hi All,

My in-laws' PR application was finally approved today with IRCC dispatching their passports with one-time visa (I know it was approved because GCKey account says so with details of their one-time visa which is valid for 1 year from the date IRCC received their medical results). You can find the detailed timeline in my signature, but I wanted to shed some light on another topic, which seems to be of common confusion/concern on this forum.

My in-laws received passport submission request on Oct 23, 2023. At that time, they were in Canada but were planning to leave for US in a week's time. For family reasons, they could only extend their trip for a month as they needed to be in the US by US thanksgiving (i.e. around Nov 20). We decided to take a chance and go for virtual landing. We sent a note to IRCC, requesting virtual landing for them on the same day. However, IRCC never got back to us asking for follow-up information. Around Nov 10th, we realized that we wouldn't have enough time to *initiate* virtual landing process, so we decided that the in-laws would go to US asap, and send their passports to VFS for stamping. We sent the passports to VFS around Nov 12/13 and after some missing documentation which we separately provided, they were forwarded to IRCC on Nov 22 for further processing (last day of their 30 day window - phew!!). After a silence of about two weeks, we received a notification that IRCC has sent the decision envelope back to VFS. Their GCKey account show application was approved and shows details of one-time visa as well.

Hope this helps someone who's in similar situation.

Abhilashg

Mar 2, 2022
congratulations. i haven't received any reply from IRCC ,except a file number ,applied in december 2022. do you know how to make an enquiry

hcyrusr

Star Member
Jan 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY - NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
26-02-2014
Med's Request
12-03-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2014
Hi
My parents have received pre arrival letter on October 13,2023.
No updates after that
Does anyone experiencing the same ?
How long does it take after pre arrival?
In the same boat, my parents got pre-arrival Oct 14th and no news since then. It is frustrating …

yourfather

Jan 31, 2018
My parents passed medical exam on Oct 20, 2023 and all other PCC (March 17, 2023), Biometrics (Feb 28, 2023) were done.

On Oct 26, 2023, received a request letter to update my parents' resume.

After that, no updates.

My father had four years of military history. Is that the reason to cause the delay?
My Parents have police and military history as well. And I know at least two other sponsors who has the same issue with delays. Some transparency will be appreciated.

katezhu

Star Member
Mar 7, 2023
My Parents have police and military history as well. And I know at least two other sponsors who has the same issue with delays. Some transparency will be appreciated.
I just called IRCC, and you are right. They are doing background checking that cause the delay.

Sowriyab

Apr 14, 2023
Hello everyone, for Police Clearance, (we have not received a request specifically for it), We wanted to get one ahead of time and send it via email. Is there a specific form that needs to be filled in like the medical tests, or is it just get a clearance, and then send/upload? thanks.
I submitted PCC before hand. I believe there is no form from IRCC for that. My mom is from India and staying in Canada. I filled the form on "Passport Seva" and submitted through BLS. Once I got the PCC I sent through the webform and email to IRCC. I don't know if this helps to expedite the process but haven't heard anything from Ottawa office. Getting frustrated.

anupjoginder

Star Member
Nov 9, 2022