+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents grandparents 2021 September intake

Nisha_Litty

Jul 26, 2016
My parents have super visa and they were here for almost 4 years( Left on Aug11 2021). Do they need to take biometric again for the p[arents grandparent sponsor ship visa?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks , Do you know the processing time for parents grand parents sponsorship?
Estimate is 18-24 months these days. If they spent 4 years in Canada they should spend a good amount of time outside Canada and reestablish their ties to their home country before returning.

Nisha_Litty

Jul 26, 2016
Estimate is 18-24 months these days. If they spent 4 years in Canada they should spend a good amount of time outside Canada and reestablish their ties to their home country before returning.
Yes they are here for almost 4 years (fitst 9 months 2nd time 9 months and then 23 months in 2021). how long Should they need to be in India for getting PR . I am thinking of taking them again here in 2022 with their super visa, Will that affect the processing time?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes they are here for almost 4 years (fitst 9 months 2nd time 9 months and then 23 months in 2021). how long Should they need to be in India for getting PR . I am thinking of taking them again here in 2022 with their super visa, Will that affect the processing time?
So not continuous 4 years. That is different. I would plan for around 2 years to get PR from when they applied although it could be earlier or a bit later. Would stay in India for at least a few more months but then they should be able to return to Canada to visit on their supervisa if that is what they want to do. Processing times can vary slightly by processing locations but it’s impossible to say what VO will be fastest. They need to update their address when they come to Canada.

sam_99

Dec 2, 2018
Hello,

I expressed interest to sponsor my parents under Parents and GrandParents program last year 2020 and I'm invited to apply to sponsor for my Parents and GrandParents program

CIC advised to fill the forms and submit as per the checklist imm5771e

The question I have is, do I need to fill forms separately, each for my dad and for my mom?

Or does my invitation only applies for one parent? Or should I list one of them as dependent?

Or Do I need to start new application for each one of them?

Please advise