+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

ayangko

Sep 11, 2017
PGP Oct 2021 intake here guys. Received an email the other day (as sponsor) that I need to list all dependants in IMM0008. For the record, I only have 1 qualified dependant. My mom is principal applicant and my dad is dependant. I have two other siblings but over the age limit already, 24 and 41 so I intentionally excluded them from the application. Am I wrong? I'm so confused as they have a clear definition of what dependants are, where my siblings won't qualify anymore. Am I wrong to exclude them from the application that's why my application was returned?

Reactions: kirantejoday

kafepoche

Sep 30, 2021
PGP Oct 2021 intake here guys. Received an email the other day (as sponsor) that I need to list all dependants in IMM0008. For the record, I only have 1 qualified dependant. My mom is principal applicant and my dad is dependant. I have two other siblings but over the age limit already, 24 and 41 so I intentionally excluded them from the application. Am I wrong? I'm so confused as they have a clear definition of what dependants are, where my siblings won't qualify anymore. Am I wrong to exclude them from the application that's why my application was returned?
Your understanding looks fine to me. Did you check 5406? Are both your siblings birthday entered correct?

ayangko

Sep 11, 2017
Your understanding looks fine to me. Did you check 5406? Are both your siblings birthday entered correct?
From what I recall, I have made numerous checks/verifications before I sent the application to make sure everything was correct, including the 5406. What do you think should I do at this point? I have 30 days to respond. Should I just fill the regular IMM0008 form and attach an explanation? Should I include my siblings this time and just mention that they are non-accompanying? And that they are not actually qualified dependants? Not to mention I will have trouble with LICO if they will be included.

Sandhun

Aug 22, 2018
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
MISSISSAGA
App. Filed.......
08-11-2021
Hi, It feels great to hear the applications are moving fast. Did anybody who have submitted application on or after November 21,2021 received any response. I have applied on Nov 21, 2021 and have not received anything. Thanks
I applied on November 10 and no update yet

kafepoche

Sep 30, 2021
From what I recall, I have made numerous checks/verifications before I sent the application to make sure everything was correct, including the 5406. What do you think should I do at this point? I have 30 days to respond. Should I just fill the regular IMM0008 form and attach an explanation? Should I include my siblings this time and just mention that they are non-accompanying? And that they are not actually qualified dependants? Not to mention I will have trouble with LICO if they will be included.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/urgent-returned-application-imm-0008.108413/
it's for spouse sponsorship but very similar case. 0008 was returned. Sponsor resubmitted the same, got approved later.
I cannot speak for your case but there is a chance that IRCC overlooked sth in your file. An explanation letter certainly helps. I will let others weigh in.

CanSpo

Star Member
Apr 19, 2018
What time did you received the Biometrics request? Was it through email?
That’s great congratulations. My submission date is same 14th Oct. Ghost mail 10th Dec. since my biometric is valid for next 5-6 years hopefully will get Medical intimation straight.

Reactions: Lidwinad

microbio1

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
Hi,
I sent the application of my parents last Oct. 20, 2021 but I included their police report certificate. I found it out that from the checklist that do not upload it until cic will request. Do you think this will affect the application process?

thank you.

Anne21

Star Member
Jun 28, 2020
Hi,
I sent the application of my parents last Oct. 20, 2021 but I included their police report certificate. I found it out that from the checklist that do not upload it until cic will request. Do you think this will affect the application process?

thank you.
I dont think it will affect the process. When my In-Law applied for PGP 2019,I included her Police Clearance.They considered it as IRCC didn't request Police Clearance anymore. She’s here already as PR.

You can try to link you application to GC Key.

1. Create GCKEY account
2. Click "Add (link) your application to your account"
3. Enter requested details (We used Principal Applicant’s Name, Birthday and passport details)
4. For the number of person in application, I typed 4. (Both Parents, Sponsor and Co-signer). Children not included.

Hope that it works.

Reactions: microbio1

microbio1

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
I dont think it will affect the process. When my In-Law applied for PGP 2019,I included her Police Clearance.They considered it as IRCC didn't request Police Clearance anymore. She’s here already as PR.

You can try to link you application to GC Key.

1. Create GCKEY account
2. Click "Add (link) your application to your account"
3. Enter requested details (We used Principal Applicant’s Name, Birthday and passport details)
4. For the number of person in application, I typed 4. (Both Parents, Sponsor and Co-signer). Children not included.

Hope that it works.
Hi,
Thank you for the advise, I have one brother (6years old) who is their dependent. Should I still count him right?
Also, if possible can they do upfront medical? Kust to prepare in advance. Or should we wait until we get the request?

thank you.

ayangko

Sep 11, 2017
Received biometrics request today Jan 27, 2022.
Application was submitted on Oct 14, 2021.
No change in status on the portal. It still shows 'Submitted'.
AOR not received yet. However I see application number on the biometrics letters for both my in-laws. 30 days time given to complete the biometrics.
Did you have any dependants on the application? Just wondering. Thanks.

syedgj

Aug 5, 2011
Visa Office......
Islamabad (unfortunately)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Oct-11
Doc's Request.
7-Jul-12
File Transfer...
7-Dec-11
Passport Req..
11-Aug-12
VISA ISSUED...
26-Nov-13
LANDED..........
07-Feb-14
interesting that some people got medical requests. I thought police certificates came before medical.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,
Thank you for the advise, I have one brother (6years old) who is their dependent. Should I still count him right?
Also, if possible can they do upfront medical? Kust to prepare in advance. Or should we wait until we get the request?

thank you.
Makes no sense to do upfront meficals because with processing times of 18-24+ most will have their meficals expire at least once. Meficals are sometimes only asked for later in the process To prevent the cost and expense of having to do multiple exams. Yes you must count the6 year old

Reactions: microbio1

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Received medical letter on jan 28th and have got medical appointment date for Feb 22nd , i.e 26 days after. Letter says you should undergo medical in 30 days ?
is that the date when panel doctor uploads documents to IRCC ? My timeline here is too tight so worried !!
Don’t worry. iRCC is aware that there are some locations where wait times for medicals exceed days. You are talking about a very small delay. If you want to be extra cautious just send in a webform indicating that they selected the earliest medical possible. It won’t be an issue so don’t worry about it.

Reactions: Bimpsy_7