+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

anees28991

Jun 30, 2022
Received PPR. Principal Applicant is overseas and dependent is in Canada.
Is there anyone with similar case where PA is overseas and dependent is in Canada? My understanding is that dependent has to do virtual landing, correct? Thanks

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Is there anyone with similar case where PA is overseas and dependent is in Canada? My understanding is that dependent has to do virtual landing, correct? Thanks
Dependent can do virtual landing AFTER PA has landed in Canada.

FatemaS

Sep 13, 2017
Can you share your timeline please?

_dash

Aug 17, 2015
My parents security check started since Dec 2023 and no update so far.
Similar boat. Security check since December 2022 (!!) and no updates whatsoever. I messaged our MP, they did a follow up with IRCC but all they say is that security check is in progress.

wizardofwest90210

Star Member
Oct 18, 2022
Similar boat. Security check since December 2022 (!!) and no updates whatsoever. I messaged our MP, they did a follow up with IRCC but all they say is that security check is in progress.
Its all very annoying. My parents visitors visa was in security check (maybe they lost something) with 3rd party verification for 1 year! Even though they had Canadian visa and US visas before and the US was still valid. I think they system isn't totally great from their end and due to possible lack of personal, lack of clear transparency, and use of a 3rd party verifier (who knows who they are!) it all takes its merry time. However, it seems that since the visitors was approved after 1 year security check, the security check for PR was rather short. As bad as it sounds, I think a huge element is sheer "luck"

FatemaS

Sep 13, 2017
according to the websites the average it take 110 days

detrtonca

Nov 16, 2018
Hi members. My parents received portal email on Apr. 2nd and replied on Apr. 3rd. Yesterday Apr 17th they received email saying they never replied to the first portal email and requested the same information. Has anyone experienced similar issues? Also my parents are in China now so will they get PPR request? The visa office that sent the emails is Etobicoke. Thanks

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi members. My parents received portal email on Apr. 2nd and replied on Apr. 3rd. Yesterday Apr 17th they received email saying they never replied to the first portal email and requested the same information. Has anyone experienced similar issues? Also my parents are in China now so will they get PPR request? The visa office that sent the emails is Etobicoke. Thanks
if they are not in Canada now, they cannot land via portal/virtual landing.
You need to contact IRCC asap so they can get PPR in China instead.

I believe that the portal request asked if they are IN Canada. Did they respond correctly?

detrtonca

Nov 16, 2018
if they are not in Canada now, they cannot land via portal/virtual landing.
You need to contact IRCC asap so they can get PPR in China instead.

I believe that the portal request asked if they are IN Canada. Did they respond correctly?
Hi, thanks for replying! Yes we stated clearly in the reply that my parents are in China and they don't have Canada visitor visas as those expired. We are now worried about whether the reply got through to the visa office. We replied again to their follow-up portal email. If things go through, will it be the Etobicoke office that issues passport request? Thanks again!