+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We submitted our application on Feb 2021. Biometrics, Medical, PCC etc have been completed for over a year.
Last communication was last august when they transferred our application to the New Delhi office. Since then I haven't heard a peep.
Wondering if anyone is in the same boat, or have any info in cases like these considering the processing time outside Quebec seems to be 23 months and it has been 30 months for our application.
You can ask them for CAIPS notes:
1. You will know at what stage the case is
2. sometimes, your request will push them to make a final decision soon.

Reactions: NoorPirani

Jay13M

Jul 26, 2023
Hi guys
There is a question to which I can find an answer nowhere : can a widowed mother have two files simultaneously if two siblings apply for her sponsorship at the same time ?
Both siblings r cived invitation to apply? If yes then You may need to withdraw one of the 2 applications to avoid unnecessary delays and questioning and you may risk the application.

3hm

Star Member
Dec 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We submitted our application on Feb 2021. Biometrics, Medical, PCC etc have been completed for over a year.
Last communication was last august when they transferred our application to the New Delhi office. Since then I haven't heard a peep.
Wondering if anyone is in the same boat, or have any info in cases like these considering the processing time outside Quebec seems to be 23 months and it has been 30 months for our application.
Hi rampantbull, we belong to the 2020 lottery applicants first batch that received invite to complete the application. mine was submitted March 2021, the latest news in my case was asked for a redo of medical which was completed last month.

Jay13M

Jul 26, 2023
Did you receive the PPR? Some people received the PPR the same day of the pre arrival after the final decision update.
I received pre arrival services letter and 2 weeks later received additional documents request. Hope you don't go through the same

Jay13M

Jul 26, 2023
Hi all, my parents arrived few days ago(Vancouver,BC). Do you know, if they are 65+ are they going to have any benefits(besides health care)? I mean is there any type of pension they are eligible to get? I know that I am financially responsible for them next 10 years, but I was hoping they can get something as a senior.
Or, is there any newcomer services that I can use to get the information?
Thanks for your help!
It's 10 years only if you are applying through Quebec. Federal (other provinces) the undertaking is 20 years for parents. And no, no pension since they didn't work in Canada

Jay13M

Jul 26, 2023
We are at a last stage of getting my parents residency but boy they keep on dragging - immigration asked a detailed resume for my parents, proof of address and relationship proof in May - we submitted that but it was rejected and now they have asked all of this again saying that resume should have “NO gaps” - I have submitted again this time counting every month since my dad was 18. The problem is proof of relationship— they are asking my(sponsors) adhar and voters Id card which I don’t have. I gave my expired Indian passport and matriculation certificate (literally I only have these two things) but they are also asking my dad’s ration card where my name will be listed. We don’t have anything at all where my name is listed; nothing at all so what I do send now?
Hope that ngs have moved now. May I ask what type of proof of address they asked for?

movais

Sep 10, 2018
Finally!!! we got the PR approved for my parents.
Submitted on Nov 3rd 2021. They are in Canada right now.
We have yet to receive portal login info for applying PR cards.
Did you parent visit Canada while PR was in process and did you let IRCC know about this?

NRI16

Aug 21, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 21, 2014
Nomination.....
Early Sept 2014
Med's Request
Mid oct 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
DM 8th feb 2015, PPR 11th Feb 2015
PR cards arrived last week for my in laws...It took almost 3 months to get the PR cards. Good luck to those wo are waiting for PPR..

Reactions: mjani81 and Jay13M

ITGirl

Jan 8, 2015
Have you heard from Montreal office? I haven't heard since Nov 2022 as well.
still nothing. Medical was already expired but no new request. I have sent a webform to follow up the application because it seems like it has been neglected.