+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

Bimpsy_7

Jun 7, 2021
This is your passport request. You will not get a separate letter. You should receive letters for all applicants. For me, I received a letter for each person - main applicant and 2 dependents, so 3 in total, each letter has the person’s name and address, etc., on the top.
Hm.. I didn’t notice before that I have both these points mentioned in the letters. I received 3 letters anyway for all three members and sent 3 packages for visa stamping.
the information letter we got had the name of the principal applicant only. I think it depends on the processing office. mine is vancouver, where is yours?

drajpoot

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2014
Friendly Advice. Please avoid giving suggestions before proper research.

You do not need to prove anything. IRCC clearly says to INFORM them about any change in circumstances IMMEDIATELY.
Currently its taking around 5 - 6 months to get a Birth certificates.
Agreed. Also there is no need to hide this information as it’s not gonna change anything in your application. I also believe that always update CIC.

ghostk

Star Member
May 1, 2022
Submitted my passport on 28th Feb, 23 VFS new delhi office for PR stamping (PGPR). Still under process. How much time they take to complete the process.
Did you get your passport back? I submitted mine on March 7, reached IRCC Delhi on March 10 and no updates yet.

Heli darji

Apr 29, 2019
Hi folks,
Sorry if someone already posted this or answered this previously.
1. My parents would be travelling to Canada in April and was wondering what to expect at the Airport upon landing?
2. Do they need to disclose their assets/properties in home country?
3. When would their Health coverage start in Canada? After 3 months from landing? Any recommendations on health Insurance to buy for that interim 3 months period?

Would welcome any other tips you may share.
Thanks ahead.
I can answer for your question number 3.
Ifyour parents are going to live in ontario then coverage start right away the day you apply. My in laws came february 14 and same day we applied their health card and coverage started on the same day. So you don't need to wait for 3 months.

Reactions: ashishm999

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Ifyour parents are going to live in ontario then coverage start right away the day you apply. My in laws came february 14 and same day we applied their health card and coverage started on the same day. So you don't need to wait for 3 months.
that's because of COVID the 3 months wait have been waved. We do not know when that wait period will be reinstate.

Reactions: canuck78

ashishm999

Star Member
Nov 7, 2021
Thanks

Can you pls let us know if any additional documents should be carried other than below for landing in Canada
1) COPR
2) Stamped passports
3) Medical Reports

Heli darji

Apr 29, 2019
that's because of COVID the 3 months wait have been waved. We do not know when that wait period will be reinstate.
This is on service ontario website.

There is no waiting period for OHIP.

You do not need to wait to be physically present for the days above before applying.

You can apply for coverage as soon as you arrive in Ontario.

And for my inlaws we did not need wait. They applied last month and coverage start on the same day.

Reactions: jessiezhai

Heli darji

Apr 29, 2019
Thanks

Can you pls let us know if any additional documents should be carried other than below for landing in Canada
1) COPR
2) Stamped passports
3) Medical Reports

Sorry I don't know about this because My in laws are USA citizen so they don't visa to enter in canada. And adding to this they were here since 2010 on visitor status so they just went outside of canada for 4 months so after they came IRCC issued them ECOPR (which is for inside canada application).
See my timeline for more detail.

Reactions: ashishm999

ashishm999

Star Member
Nov 7, 2021
the information letter we got had the name of the principal applicant only. I think it depends on the processing office. mine is vancouver, where is yours?
Exactly. Seems it depends on processing office, mine was Mississauga and we got only one letter with principal applicants name on it.
But letter clearly mentioned to submit passports and photos of any accompanying members i.e. dependents as well.
We used that letter to get passports stamped for both applicant and dependent.

Reactions: Bimpsy_7