+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

Raj2202

Star Member
May 16, 2019
Hi All,
Received parents biometrics request yesterday. It only mentions my mother name and details ( primary applicant) and not my fathers. Anyone has any idea if I should wait for another letter or contact CIC ?
Thank you
Dhanya
I had similar issue, when my father (Primary applicant) got the Biometrics first and after 18 days my mom(co-applicant) received it. But I did submit webforms asking for it. I would recommend you to do the same.

NoorPirani

Star Member
Jan 1, 2019
Hi All,

After passing the Medical Exam (3rd March 2023), my father received the following email:

"The results of your immigration medical examination (IME) indicate that you require medical surveillance by a provincial/territorial public health authority, as you may have a medical condition considered to be one of public health significance in Canada requiring a medical follow-up referred to as surveillance"

Any idea what this means, Does he has to go thru Medical again ?

Thanks.

Raj2202

Star Member
May 16, 2019
Hi All,

After passing the Medical Exam (3rd March 2023), my father received the following email:

"The results of your immigration medical examination (IME) indicate that you require medical surveillance by a provincial/territorial public health authority, as you may have a medical condition considered to be one of public health significance in Canada requiring a medical follow-up referred to as surveillance"

Thanks.
Hi There

After the medical exam, my mother(co-applicant) received request for additional tests. I got an email from CIC and a call from the doctor who examined her first time. I would recommend to check with the panel physician who took the medical exam once with IME# and see if they have received request for additional tests.

Reactions: NoorPirani

Bimpsy_7

Jun 7, 2021
Hi All,

Thanks.
My mum in law just got a medical surveillance letter, please does any one know if she is to sign this and send back or is this just for point of entry purposes?

NoorPirani

Star Member
Jan 1, 2019
Hi There

After the medical exam, my mother(co-applicant) received request for additional tests. I got an email from CIC and a call from the doctor who examined her first time. I would recommend to check with the panel physician who took the medical exam once with IME# and see if they have received request for additional tests.
Thanks Raj, I will speak with the Panel Physician.

Reactions: Raj2202

NoorPirani

Star Member
Jan 1, 2019
My mum in law just got a medical surveillance letter, please does any one know if she is to sign this and send back or is this just for point of entry purposes?
My father's Medical Surveillance says he will be receiving a letter by mail or someone from the provisional health dept will call him.

Bimpsy_7

Jun 7, 2021
My father's Medical Surveillance says he will be receiving a letter by mail or someone from the provisional health dept will call him.
Thanks its a similar form, just that it has a space for applicants signature, I am guessing it is meant for point of entry. Please how long after you gout this form was passport request?

Reactions: NoorPirani

smiling_face

Champion Member
Apr 20, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2012
LANDED..........
Landed
Finally those few magic lines appeared. Thanks everyone for your cooperation. Detailed timelines are in the signature.

A final decision has been made. Please see the final decision below.

Final decision

• March 6, 2023 Your application was approved.

Heli darji

Apr 29, 2019
Hi Guys

My parents submitted Medicals, PCC and Biometrics all in early February. My mom received a request for additional medical tests on Feb 14.

She did went for the additional tests and they said the report takes almost 8 weeks to get generated as sputum test need that much time for test. But The email asking for the additional test said they have to be done by March 14.(30days from the time the email was sent).

"You have 30 days from the date of this letter to make an appointment to comply with this request."

I am confused now, should I send a webform informing the status or Just wait as the IME number might have the details associated. It says make an appointment to comply with the request but never mentioned they should receive the results with in 30days. I am sure they know the medical test(sputum test) they have asked for require 8-10 weeks for analysis.

Can someone please help with my understanding here? or tell me if its a good idea to send out a webform with these details.?

Also after submitting all the documents listed on the GCKey portal, the status still says "Your action is required", does that mean, they haven't seen my additional docs yet?
Deadline was Feb 24, which is passed and I have uploaded all the documents on Feb 22. someone please clarify.

cc: @Heli darji

Thanks
Raj
Hi Raj
As long as your mother did medical test with in 30 of request you don't need to worry about the result and until officer doesn't review it you won't see medical passed date.
For safe side if you want to send web form you can do that. Send medical receipt. You really don't need to send it but if you want.

Reactions: Raj2202

NoorPirani

Star Member
Jan 1, 2019
Thanks its a similar form, just that it has a space for applicants signature, I am guessing it is meant for point of entry. Please how long after you gout this form was passport request?
Yes, most likely it meant for point of entry.
My parents are already here in Canada on a visitor visa, and IRCC knows that. So Passport request is not applicable in this case I guess.

Reactions: Bimpsy_7

CanSpo

Star Member
Apr 19, 2018
Pl reply if anyone knows— If PCC for both parents uploads through GCKEY account how you will come to know it is accepted and on which date ?

Heli darji

Apr 29, 2019
Pl reply if anyone knows— If PCC for both parents uploads through GCKEY account how you will come to know it is accepted and on which date ?
Yes Uploaded through GC key under applican't name for both parents but name your file with seperate name. For example father's name xxxxxx pcc and upload another pcc as your mom's name xxxx pcc.
That's I did.

When it's accepted you will see under Review of additional documents status it will change to "Not applicable
See my timeline in signature.

NoorPirani

Star Member
Jan 1, 2019
In my case, it was showing PROVIDED once I uploaded the PCC, later after a few days it was showing RECEIVED.

immg.applicant

Oct 8, 2020
Hi, when can I submit the PCC? Is it after getting sponsor approval letter or shall I wait until IRCC asks me to submit it?
It would be really helpful if someone can guide me.
thanks