+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

ra07980

Oct 3, 2014
Hey everyone,
Just to share the timeline for my PGP applicaiton.

PGP 2021
Application Submitted First Time : 04 Dec., 2021
Additional document request: 17 March, 2022(Request for IMM5768)
AOR Received: Jul. 15, 2022 (CPC - Mississauga office)
Medical request: Jul. 27, 2022
Medical Given: Aug. 05, 2022
Medical Passed: Aug. 16, 2022
GC key linked: Aug. 25, 2022
Sponsor Approval: Aug. 19, 2022 (Received the letter on Aug. 25, 2022)
The letter has below request....
Confirmation of current address
Passport copy of all pages for both parents - submitted in original application submitted.
proof of relationship (sponsor and principal applicant) - submitted in original application submitted.
proof of relationship (principal applicant and dependent) - submitted in original application submitted.
Biometric: Parents did biometrics in 2019 for visitor visa. GC key shows valid until 2029
PCC request:
Supplementary information - your travels : IMM 5562
CV/resume

The documents mentioned above in bold were sent in original application. I will send them again just for confirmation.

Thanks
Hey, Did you see any movement with your application?

Deltaedmonton

Sep 28, 2021
Hello,

I got Portal request for my Parents from Calgary Office
I have submitted Pictures, address confirmation on portal since Jan 12th but there is still no eCOPR to download. Is there anyone else who is in the same queue or have update that they can share.

Any update on timeline for someone who is working or something who got it i would really appreciate it, Thanks in Advance
See my signature, same landing unit for us.

Ryanpre3

Star Member
Dec 20, 2021
Hi … my parents got entry visa for pr entry unfortunately my mom is sick can travel . Can they extend it . Please advise

CanEra

Star Member
Feb 8, 2012
Baroda,India
Category........
Visa Office......
NewDelhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/06/2013
IELTS Request
submitted w/ appli.
File Transfer...
26-10-2013
Med's Request
16-01-2014
Med's Done....
28-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2014
LANDED..........
Almost by June2014
Pls check if somewhere it says "sent docs if not already submitted" .

In my sponsor approval letter it said
"Please note that the following documentation is required for your sponsored family
members. If not already included in your application, please obtain and submit as soon as
possible:" and same set of docs which you have listed but I didn't resend those docs which were already submitted.

For PCC, Relationship proof, address proof and medicals..I got separate letters just before sponsor approval letter which re-listed them.
I submited them in response of those.
Oh, man!
I was stressed out unnecessarily..
It says:
Please note that the following documentation is required for your sponsored family
members. If not already included in your application, please obtain and submit as soon as
possible:

Thank you Ashish for the help!!

Reactions: ashishm999

drajpoot

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2014
Hello everyone,
Received PPR yesterday (9 Feb)
Pre arrival received on 1 Feb
Mississauga office
Pls refer to my signature for more details

we are going to submit passports in a day or two. I am curious to know what would be duration limit for landing? Is it 1 year?
I wish everyone a very good luck☺
As per my understanding the visa expiry date would be 1 years from the date of medical done.

best regards
D.

Reactions: YashviS

Ahmed.Sami

Jun 17, 2019
Hello Everyone!

I've applied to sponsor my mom under PGP 2021 and have not yet received the PPR confirmation for it.
I am going to apply for a visitor visa (Less than 6 months) for her and I need some suggestions on writing a Letter of explanation (LOA).

My question is :
Q: What can I mention in the letter of explanation as a good reason to bring her before her PR application got approved?
Q: Concerned because the visitor visa shows intentions to go back after your visit and the Sponsorship file intents the opposite?

Thanks in advance

drajpoot

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2014
Hello Everyone!

I've applied to sponsor my mom under PGP 2021 and have not yet received the PPR confirmation for it.
I am going to apply for a visitor visa (Less than 6 months) for her and I need some suggestions on writing a Letter of explanation (LOA).

My question is :
Q: What can I mention in the letter of explanation as a good reason to bring her before her PR application got approved?
Q: Concerned because the visitor visa shows intentions to go back after your visit and the Sponsorship file intents the opposite?

Thanks in advance
Hi,
I would advise you to wait as processing time for visitor visa is almost a year now. You did not mention the current status of your PGP application but like you said you applied in 2021 so most likely you will get PPR request before the approval of visitor visa, unless you have a very strong reason to expedite her application to bring her Canada as visitor.
Once again it’s just my thought only.

best regards

drajpoot

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2014
Hi … my parents got entry visa for pr entry unfortunately my mom is sick can travel . Can they extend it . Please advise
Hi,
You can see first what is the expiry date of visa and also who is the principle applicant. In case if your father is principle applicant I would advise that he should do his landing first.
In any case your mother is principle applicant, and her medical documents strongly says that it’s a risk of her health if she travel before the expiry of the visa please send a webform providing doctor report and ask if they can allow your father to do landing before your mother(principle applicant)
Most of the time they allow that if the reason is legit.

best regards
D.

GK1001

Oct 21, 2021
My Parent's PR application processing Centre is CPC-Mississauga. I last submitted my additional Documents and PCC on 23rd August 2022. Haven't heard anything from the office nor there are any updates in GC Key Account. Is anyone in a similar situation? Is there any method we can contact the Mississauga Office via email or phone to understand where the process is stuck? Any help on this is appreciated.

ashishm999

Star Member
Nov 7, 2021
Oh, man!
I was stressed out unnecessarily..
It says:
Please note that the following documentation is required for your sponsored family
possible:

Thank you Ashish for the help!!
You are welcome

movais

Sep 10, 2018
Hi guys!

I am not sure if i paid right of permanent residence fee when i submitted my application. When i submitted my application i paid around $1,270CAD. I believe it probably does not include right of permanent residence fee . Is anybody aware how i can check this?

Also can i pay this later? or does it affect the processing? I have only received biometrics in June 9 2022, havent heard anything after that.

Thanks.

mbv747

Star Member
Jun 2, 2019
Hi guys, my parents get an invitation for Biometrics and i don't remember If i have already paid the fees for it..... How i should check?

drajpoot

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2014
Hi guys!

I am not sure if i paid right of permanent residence fee when i submitted my application. When i submitted my application i paid around $1,270CAD. I believe it probably does not include right of permanent residence fee . Is anybody aware how i can check this?

Also can i pay this later? or does it affect the processing? I have only received biometrics in June 9 2022, havent heard anything after that.

Thanks.
Hi,
You do not need to worry about it. You can pay that later. It won’t affect the processing.

best regards
D.

drajpoot

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2014
Hi,
I believe the easiest way to check how much fee you guys have paid for the application if it include biometric or Right of Permanent residency fee please check your bank account that will tell you either you have paid or not.
For Biometric when you will go to collection office they will tell you right away. Also for right of permanent residency most likely you will receive a letter to pay the fee once your application will be finalized.

best regards
D.

drajpoot

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2014
Sponsor your parent or grandparent - 1080

Sponsorship fee ($75), principal applicant processing fee ($490) and right of permanent residence fee ($515)

Include the spouse or partner of your parent or grandparent- 1085

Processing fee ($570) and right of permanent residence fee ($515)

Sponsor your parent or grandparent (without the right of permanent residence fee)- 565

Sponsorship fee ($75) and principal applicant processing fee ($490)

Include the spouse or partner of your parent or grandparent (without the right of permanent residence fee)-570

Processing fee ($570)

Best regards
D