+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

SergeiK

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
Received email today, wondering if anyone has an idea what this could be about?

Dear Applicant,

Your immigration medical examination results were received and in order to complete the assessment, additional information is required.

Details of the medical information required were recently sent to your e-Medical file. Contact the panel physician first to confirm their operating hours and any specific requirements for this follow-up, as you may not be required to visit the clinic prior to a certain date or they may just need to confirm information on the phone with you.

Please contact the panel physician who performed your immigration medical examination. If you cannot go to the clinic where you did your IME, you may utilize the services of another panel physician used for Canadian immigration medical examinations and a list of all Panel Physicians can be found at http://www.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx. Do not redo a new IME.

Keep a copy of this letter for your records as it contains information the Panel Physician/clinic will need. You have 60 days from the date of this letter to comply with this request.

We recognize that you may have some difficulty in accessing the health professionals required to meet this request due to the COVID-19 pandemic. If you need more time, contact your responsible Visa Office as the Regional Medical Office does not make decisions on application document extensions.
Looks like a medical follow-up. They want to do additional testing. My father had the same back in May

Reactions: deepharman

Bubblesandme

Star Member
Aug 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Looks like a medical follow-up. They want to do additional testing. My father had the same back in May

Everything went well after his 2nd testing? My sister has cerebral palsy and I'm worried they will have an issue with it...

movais

Sep 10, 2018
June 9 sponsor approval and transfer to Vancouver office
still waiting for medical and pcc request
Its so frustrating that people are getting PPR request, while i feel is stuck for 5 months lol. I dont mind if its taking time if it keeps moving a bit, but just no response for 5 months is weird. Glad to know im not alone though

Reactions: deepharman
Nov 23, 2021
A Nov'21 applicant(sponsor) here. I still haven't been able to link my application to GCKey. Is anyone in the same boat? I have tried a lot of permutations and combinations but no luck yet.

Till now I have received the Sponsor approval letter, biometrics, medical, additional medical, additional relationship, address documents request. All notifications came via email

Since submitting the additional documents (mid August) haven't heard anything yet.

Processing center is Mississauga.

Has anyone tried calling them up to check how can we link the application in such cases?

JUNB

Star Member
Oct 5, 2021
Thank you so much for your responses. We were all getting a little nervous about how long it was taking and wondering if something was up. We will continue to wait and keep tracking the status :)

I'm sorry I've been extremely busy due to our newborn and haven't been able to contribute much here. I haven't been tracking the dates at all.
We're a Nov 2021 applicant, medicals and PCC sometime in April 2022. Additional documents (aadhar, etc) in August. Nov 15 pre-arrival, PPR followed in a couple days.
Now we're waiting for the passports to be returned with stamping.

Email arrived asking my parents to check GCKey for full message.
thank you much,will be waiting same

G32shaila

Star Member
Mar 2, 2022
Parents received PPR and they submitted them via VFS to New Delhi. It's been "In process" since 23rd and today is 30th.

Is it usual for it to take so long? Status on GC hasn't changed either. It still says "We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you."

Does the status usually update only during IST morning hours or is there movement in the evening and night times as well? They are about to reschedule a flight.
Where you submitted pp VFS or Bluedart ? Are you opted for SMS . Once PP reached to IRCC you will not get updates until packet reached to VFS Delhi . Gckey status changes after stamping and you will get email to see Gckey. There you will get date of stamping.. end date of arrival .. and one time visa number.. after that 3-4 days to reach to VFS then VFS will inform you for collaction.

Tam1990

Nov 28, 2022
A Nov'21 applicant(sponsor) here. I still haven't been able to link my application to GCKey. Is anyone in the same boat? I have tried a lot of permutations and combinations but no luck yet.

Till now I have received the Sponsor approval letter, biometrics, medical, additional medical, additional relationship, address documents request. All notifications came via email

Since submitting the additional documents (mid August) haven't heard anything yet.

Processing center is Mississauga.

Has anyone tried calling them up to check how can we link the application in such cases?
Raise a webform request to link the application, they will do it for you

Tam1990

Nov 28, 2022
I got to email to submit passport more than 2 weeks ago and I informed them that my parents are currently visiting canada. Do you know how long it usually takes after that?

Reactions: rns9

SergeiK

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
Everything went well after his 2nd testing? My sister has cerebral palsy and I'm worried they will have an issue with it...
They asked to do few more tests and wanted a respirologist report. We managed to do all of these and the medical passed. But it delayed the application for about 6 months.
And also he got a medical surveillance letter, which essentially means to do another check up in Canada upon arrival (still figuring out the details).

Reactions: Bubblesandme

savarana

Star Member
Jul 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Where you submitted pp VFS or Bluedart ? Are you opted for SMS . Once PP reached to IRCC you will not get updates until packet reached to VFS Delhi . Gckey status changes after stamping and you will get email to see Gckey. There you will get date of stamping.. end date of arrival .. and one time visa number.. after that 3-4 days to reach to VFS then VFS will inform you for collaction.
Submitted via VFS at their office. No SMS, but parents opted for courier on the way back.

Thank you for the extra bits of information! So it looks like if GCKey shows DM, then another 3-4 days for the PP to be available for collection and/or to be couriered.

NoorPirani

Star Member
Jan 1, 2019
My Father got the email for Medical Furtherance, after giving THREE sputum tests they ask for one more X-Ray after 90 days, and now they are asking to go to Toronto (West Park Health Care) to rule out the TB.

Has anyone gone thru this ?