Visa Office......
CPC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-09-2013
AOR Received.
07-Nov-2013
Invitation for PGP 2022 intake is now complete. Between October 12 and 20, 2022, IRCC invited potential sponsors to apply. Congratulations to all those who received the invitations to apply and those who didn't received initiation to sponsor their parents/grandparents this year (including me :() - better luck next time in 2023!

Last edited:

dpatel08

Aug 15, 2017
I need some help. I got an email in April indicating that our address didn't match the one that was used to initially indicate interest for lottery. We had moved a few houses down and I completely forgot to update the address online. In any case, I provided all the documents that they request to prove that we had moved in April. It is now October and I have heard nothing. It looks like many others have heard something and things are moving along. Any advice? Has this happened to anyone else?
I am also in the same situation and i attached the letter of explanation with my driver's license to prove my new address do you think they will accept it or will i also get the email like you ? :/ i am worried now after looking at this post :/

Reactions: YVR123

hodari

Mar 28, 2018
Quebec
Hi everyone. Can I live in another country after submitting application to sponsor my parents?
I submitted the application in Dec 2021 and it's still in process. Now we want to go and live in USA for work. Does anything happen to my parents sponsorship application due to us residing in another country while application is in process?
You cannot live outside of Canada during this time. Living in Canada is a requirement to sponsor your parents, so until their PR application is approved, I wouldn't recommend you move to the USA just yet.
Perhaps you could get away with it if you already got sponsor approval, but you would still be taking a big risk and I recommend you just be patient.

Reactions: YVR123

SNS76

Feb 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does anyone waiting/waited for PPR after getting pre arrival letter? If yes, how long you have been waiting?

sponsor21

Oct 25, 2022
I'm going to apply to pcc for my parents. Do i need to apply for last 10 years or from birth? What is they asking?

Thanks

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I need some help. I got an email in April indicating that our address didn't match the one that was used to initially indicate interest for lottery. We had moved a few houses down and I completely forgot to update the address online. In any case, I provided all the documents that they request to prove that we had moved in April. It is now October and I have heard nothing. It looks like many others have heard something and things are moving along. Any advice? Has this happened to anyone else?
The same happened to us. We just need to send proof of address change (there is provincal forms to formally change address) and we also include additional mail forwarding service and DL address change to proof that we moved since we submitted the interest to apply. It all went well after.

BTW It was all paperbased back then. So I am not sure how you can do the same online. I am sure they will provide/provided instruction to update IRCC with current online process.

rocketphd

Jun 10, 2022
Does anyone waiting/waited for PPR after getting pre arrival letter? If yes, how long you have been waiting?
Hi, We got pre-arrival on 28th September and still waiting for PPR! Everything is done - Medical, Biometrics, and PCC. I don't remember the exact dates!

Derricktse

Star Member
Apr 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2013
Doc's Request.
30-09-2014
Med's Request
30-09-2014
Med's Done....
10-10-2014
So the case officer from our MP's office gave IRCC a call. There is currently a backlog with virtual landing. So if you guys can send in passports to VFS, by all means do that instead.

• Sad
Reactions: kafepoche

SNS76

Feb 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, We got pre-arrival on 28th September and still waiting for PPR! Everything is done - Medical, Biometrics, and PCC. I don't remember the exact dates!
Thanks for your updates. We just got couple of days before. Please let me know whenever you get it. As I saw, most of the people get PPR at the same time of pre-approval letter!!!

Reactions: sss19sap

Son gill

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
Hello..I submitted a webform to update my parents address as they came to Canada last week on super visa but i got a reply from cic saying they can’t update the address because i am missing information..I provided them the new address and date my parents came here..what to do in this case?

citizenshipcanada

Sep 1, 2011
You cannot live outside of Canada during this time. Living in Canada is a requirement to sponsor your parents, so until their PR application is approved, I wouldn't recommend you move to the USA just yet.
Perhaps you could get away with it if you already got sponsor approval, but you would still be taking a big risk and I recommend you just be patient.
can you please elaborate on this matter ? where does it say in the law of IRCC that you cannot live outside canada during this period ? that is beside the recommendations ,so we can add this law every time someone is asking these questions once for all ,assuming here that the one asking the question will be reporting his income during the period and assuming also that once the sponsorship is approved they will need to prove that they have intentions to be residing in Canada and prepare the proof for it as residents of Canada...just assuming ...not an a recommendation nor an opinion ...im on a learning curve ,thank you for sharing this section of the law,much apreciated