+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

Cal_gary_PR

Jul 2, 2014
Hello,

So my parents received a PCC request with a deadline of Sept 15, 2022. However, due to some unavoidable medical reasons, they are going to be late to submit the PCC.

Question: How do I inform CIC that they are going to be delayed in submitting the PCC? Is it through the Webform (which is super delayed) or do I just attach an explanation letter to the GCKey document upload portal?

CIC's letter only says we need to inform; however, it does not say how to inform CIC.

Cheers

ghostk

Star Member
May 1, 2022
Update on my file - received sponsor eligibility letter yesterday. File transferred to Vancouver. Timeline so far:

Application Submitted - November 13, 2021
Linked GC Key - July 15, 2022
AOR - July 22, 2022
GC Key profile updated (Step 1 - We have started reviewing your eligibility…) - September 6, 2022
Sponsor Eligibility - September 7, 2022

nick1899

Star Member
Aug 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All, I need some expert opinion on the query below. I got a sponsorship approval letter for my parents one day after their biometrics was done (no request for medical, PCC yet). The wordings of the letter are given below.
Question- Do I need to upload any documents additionally as shown below? I have already uploaded those during the application stage. Will there be a separate request for PCC and medicals?

Thanks a lot in advance..

This refers to the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class you submitted on behalf of xxxxxxxx and family (if applicable).

You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative will be processed at CPC-Mississauga. This office was selected based on your relative’s home address and the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
Should you need to submit additional information or make any further enquiries regarding the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative, you may find contact information for that visa office at www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-where.asp.

Requirements for Processing
In order to minimize delays, please submit a valid email address for the Principal Applicant and/or their Authorized Representative via IRCC secure account (MyCIC) at www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html. This email address will be used to communicate with the Principal Applicant and their dependant family member (if applicable) throughout the processing of their application.
Please note that the following documentation is required for your sponsored family members. If not already included in your application, please obtain and submit as soon as possible:
 Updated residential address: You are required to provide the current residential address for the principal applicant and their dependant family member (if applicable). You must report any changes to their address, telephone number(s) and email address immediately throughout the processing of your application. Failure to provide updates may result in processing delays.
 Immigration Medical Examination: The principal applicant and their dependant family member (if applicable) must each complete an Immigration Medical Examination in support of this application. Instructions for the medicals will be sent separately. Please complete all required testing within the timeframe specified on the instructions.
 Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF): The Right of Permanent Residence Fee(s) must be submitted to this office. Please refer to the CIC Website for detailed instructions on how to pay immigration fees: www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp.
 Passport/Travel Document: The principal applicant and their dependant family member (if applicable) must submit a copy of their passport. If their passport has expired or will expire within the next 12 months, please have them apply for and submit a copy of their new passport with a validity of 12 months or more. Please ensure to include the biographic page of the passport.
 Proof of Relationship (Sponsor and Principal Applicant): Please provide a photocopy of your birth certificate clearly indicating your relationship to the Principal Applicant. If you cannot provide this, please provide additional government documents establishing your relationship. Please review the country specific requirements listed for children, as these documents are applicable to sponsors of parents and grandparents. Country specific requirements can be found on our website: www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp.
 Proof of Relationship (Principal Applicant and Dependant Spouse or Common-law Partner): The principal applicant and their dependant family member (if applicable) must provide the following:
 If married, your relative must submit a copy of their legal marriage registration/certificate as proof of relationship to their spouse.
 If in a common-law partnership, your relative must submit proof of cohabitation, such as joint bank accounts, joint ownership of residential property, joint residential leases, joint utilities accounts, and/or other documents for both parties showing the same address.

Application Submitted - November 15, 2021
AOR - July 22, 2022
Biometrics request - Sep 2, 2022
Sponsor Eligibility Letter - September 7, 2022

quujaz

Star Member
Feb 15, 2017
Hello All, I need some expert opinion on the query below. I got a sponsorship approval letter for my parents one day after their biometrics was done (no request for medical, PCC yet). The wordings of the letter are given below.
Question- Do I need to upload any documents additionally as shown below? I have already uploaded those during the application stage. Will there be a separate request for PCC and medicals?

This refers to the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class you submitted on behalf of xxxxxxxx and family (if applicable).

You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative will be processed at CPC-Mississauga. This office was selected based on your relative’s home address and the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
Should you need to submit additional information or make any further enquiries regarding the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative, you may find contact information for that visa office at www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-where.asp.

In order to minimize delays, please submit a valid email address for the Principal Applicant and/or their Authorized Representative via IRCC secure account (MyCIC) at www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html. This email address will be used to communicate with the Principal Applicant and their dependant family member (if applicable) throughout the processing of their application.
Please note that the following documentation is required for your sponsored family members. If not already included in your application, please obtain and submit as soon as possible:
 Updated residential address: You are required to provide the current residential address for the principal applicant and their dependant family member (if applicable). You must report any changes to their address, telephone number(s) and email address immediately throughout the processing of your application. Failure to provide updates may result in processing delays.
 Immigration Medical Examination: The principal applicant and their dependant family member (if applicable) must each complete an Immigration Medical Examination in support of this application. Instructions for the medicals will be sent separately. Please complete all required testing within the timeframe specified on the instructions.
 Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF): The Right of Permanent Residence Fee(s) must be submitted to this office. Please refer to the CIC Website for detailed instructions on how to pay immigration fees: www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp.
 Passport/Travel Document: The principal applicant and their dependant family member (if applicable) must submit a copy of their passport. If their passport has expired or will expire within the next 12 months, please have them apply for and submit a copy of their new passport with a validity of 12 months or more. Please ensure to include the biographic page of the passport.
 Proof of Relationship (Sponsor and Principal Applicant): Please provide a photocopy of your birth certificate clearly indicating your relationship to the Principal Applicant. If you cannot provide this, please provide additional government documents establishing your relationship. Please review the country specific requirements listed for children, as these documents are applicable to sponsors of parents and grandparents. Country specific requirements can be found on our website: www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp.
 Proof of Relationship (Principal Applicant and Dependant Spouse or Common-law Partner): The principal applicant and their dependant family member (if applicable) must provide the following:
 If married, your relative must submit a copy of their legal marriage registration/certificate as proof of relationship to their spouse.
 If in a common-law partnership, your relative must submit proof of cohabitation, such as joint bank accounts, joint ownership of residential property, joint residential leases, joint utilities accounts, and/or other documents for both parties showing the same address.

AOR - July 22, 2022
I ‘ve received the same email as you but they have asked for the PCC as well for primary applicant and dependant plus some other documents like the travel form, CV… so even if I’ve already sent some of them I will resend them just in case…I would suggest to send the PCC even if they havent asked for it maybe it will speed up things a little bit.

quujaz

Star Member
Feb 15, 2017
Just a little note for people who have been struggling linking app to CLEGC : I’ve been trying for so long with failed tentatives but finally what I was doing wrong is that there was a slight difference between city of birth of primary applicant in IMM0008 and how it’s written in the passport . I was using the one on IMM0008 while I should use the one on the passport. Hope this helps!

Reactions: kafepoche

Diya_17

Star Member
Jan 10, 2018

AOR - July 22, 2022
I have same query. Do we submit same docs again or not ? Someone pls guide

kafepoche

Sep 30, 2021

I submitted PCC in March, following the same letter. This is the only item among the list I haven't submitted in my original application in 2021.

Down the road I received these requests:
This request came in together with proof of relationship. I think they need to confirm where the parents are at now, so local IRCC office will follow up with PPR or office in Canada will provide virtual landing. If parents have moved into another country for more than 6 months perhaps another PCC will be requested, even detailed travel history.
Proof of Relationship (Sponsor and Principal Applicant): Please provide a photocopy of your birth certificate clearly indicating your relationship to the Principal Applicant. If you cannot provide this, please provide additional government documents establishing your relationship. Please review the country specific requirements listed for children, as these documents are applicable to sponsors of parents and grandparents. Country specific requirements can be found on our website: www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp.
I provided my parent's marriage cert and my birth cert, both translated and notarized. However they don't satisfy the VO. This request (proof of relationship) is highly country-specific. There is no way you will know if the doc you provided will satisfy VO. Every applicant must have already provided sth in the original application to proof this. Some sail through smoothly and some hit the bump. The only thing I can think of if you want to get prepared, is to search online for other PGP apps (most recent will be best) from the same country of residence. See what they provided and if it's time consuming, apply for it before hand.

All that said it's just what you do "In order to minimize delays". IRCC will always ask if they need anything.

Aman2022

Aug 19, 2022
Hello, I received an email from IRCC about my consent and declaration form is incomplete. IRCC want the form completed and electronically signed by the Principal Applicant again but I cannot sign the form because the portal doesn't let me change anything after I submitted my application. Does anyone know how I can resign the consent and declaration form online after I submitted my application. Thank you
There is no option to change anything once the application is submitted. Also, there is no such form exist. You will have to call or contact ircc via web form to provide the form.
thanks.

MDM23

Dec 7, 2015
Hello,

So my parents received a PCC request with a deadline of Sept 15, 2022. However, due to some unavoidable medical reasons, they are going to be late to submit the PCC.

Question: How do I inform CIC that they are going to be delayed in submitting the PCC? Is it through the Webform (which is super delayed) or do I just attach an explanation letter to the GCKey document upload portal?

CIC's letter only says we need to inform; however, it does not say how to inform CIC.

Cheers
Send email or contact via webform.

Reactions: Cal_gary_PR

mjani81

Star Member
Apr 25, 2022
Don't worry if PR portal says "returned".
I received same request back in April, I submitted all docs and till date PR portal says "returned". But on other hand in GCKEY Application is in progress as medical has been passed just last week.
Hope you will hear soon from IRCC!
Thank you for your message.
Recently the status changed to Submitted from returned. Trying to link GC key account but unsuccessful