+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

NaikNaman

Jan 30, 2018
Hi all, can someone tell how log (roughly) it takes to update medical status and biometric status from the time of medical and biometric appointments? For biometric, I can see details on right corner but status still says that “we do not need biometric. We will send you msg if needed”. My parents gave biometric after they received request. Thanks in advance.

sunny4u4270

Jul 3, 2017
I applied online on Nov 25. I did not receive any email till now. I hope they didn't just loose the application file . Also I am not getting anything when trying to check the application status via the below link:

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?app=ecas&lang=en

Is that because they haven't started processing the file ? Being worried now, its more that 6 months in a row of absolute silence.

Is there any way we can enquire about the situation?

shuangsila

Feb 23, 2015
Hi All,
I submitted my parents file on Nov 23, 2021. Only email we received today for biometrics and it states file number on the letter. This was the very first email after Nov. have they approved sponsorship? Or will I get separate email for that? I am unable to link it to GC account.
same thing for me a couple of days ago...I think they might have changed their processes...I couldn't find any info online regarding this either; my hope/guess would be there is no major redflag on the sponsor's part and hence they asked for biometrics/medical now...my understanding is that there should be an email confirming sponsor's decision.

Walter Mitty

May 27, 2022
same thing for me a couple of days ago...I think they might have changed their processes...I couldn't find any info online regarding this either; my hope/guess would be there is no major redflag on the sponsor's part and hence they asked for biometrics/medical now...my understanding is that there should be an email confirming sponsor's decision.
Same here. I applied in October and got the biometrics request email this morning.
There was no communication so far except for the submission acknowledgement email.
I wasn't able to link the account to see an update yet though.

My friend who applied similar time got a biometrics email and medical request email on the same day.
Hope it's coming soon too.

alamzadeh

May 24, 2022
Same here. I applied in October and got the biometrics request email this morning.
There was no communication so far except for the submission acknowledgement email.

My friend who applied similar time got a biometrics email and medical request email on the same day.
Based on my understanding the medical request is different at each office, some request it same time as biometrics some don't, we have our case at London and the biometrics were done two months ago but no requests for medicals yet (same as couple other people).

Sponsor approval usually arrives within couple of days after the biometrics request.

Reactions: Bimpsy_7

Bhaumik_Patel

Star Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hamilton, ON
Category........
FAM
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-11-2021
AOR Received.
19-04-2018
Hi, Can anyone explain how to understand/read f12 notes and which is important line which gives latest information/status of case file.

Regards
It just reads "Status" if your application is updated, you should see "10, Completed". Default option is "7 submitted". People with returned applications should read "returned".

Reactions: nusrat9991

Walter Mitty

May 27, 2022
Based on my understanding the medical request is different at each office, some request it same time as biometrics some don't, we have our case at London and the biometrics were done two months ago but no requests for medicals yet (same as couple other people).

Sponsor approval usually arrives within couple of days after the biometrics request.
Yes, it looks like it's really case by case. My friend who received biometrics and medical the same day lives very close to me. Both are handled by the Mississauga office.

Reactions: Bimpsy_7

Neha.karnad

Star Member
May 29, 2019
Application was submitted November end. The F12 notes say status 10 - completed. All documents status is true. Last update seems to be May 19th. But there has been no communication for Biometrics or medical. Any idea when i can expect these?

sureshcoim

Nov 20, 2017

I got the biometric letter and a week after received medical and sponsor letter together... It will happen and I applied on Oct 2021 as well..

Nsat

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014 (dd-mm-yyyy)
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
PER: 14-10-2014 (dd-mm-yyyy)
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
Submitted with the application
File Transfer...
Started Processing: 10-12-2014 (dd-mm-yyyy)
Med's Request
Med and RPRF request: 16-12-2014 (dd-mm-yyyy)
Med's Done....
26-12-2014 (dd-mm-yyyy)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-02-2015 (received my passport back on 23-03-2014)
Hi, Your mother have to feel out the IMM5406 only for herself. You and your brother does not have to fill it.
In her IMM5406, she still need to fill out all sections. Make sure to write the city, country and deceased date for each "deceased" person in their field (do not write "unknown" there). Make sure to hand written the signature.
Good luck.
Thank you for the clarification. Appreciate your help!

Reactions: Chintan.patel

deepharman

Star Member
Nov 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2012
Doc's Request.
07-03-2013
Nomination.....
29-10-2012
AOR Received.
06-01-2013
File Transfer...
16-05-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2013
Med's Done....
17-01-2013
Passport Req..
21-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
27-08-2013
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
Reactions: sureshcoim

MDM23

Dec 7, 2015
Thanks for your reply. I am either not sure why they are asking for Voter id for a Canadain Citizen. Please let me know how are you responding to their request letter? Thanks much.
I have not asked for additional documents. I am confused what to give them if they ask for it.

citizenshipcanada

Sep 1, 2011
I have not asked for additional documents. I am confused what to give them if they ask for it.
IDENTITY AND CIVIL STATUS DOCUMENTS Birth and/or baptism certificate Note: If the birth is registered late, include the original baptism certificate and other original documents establishing identity such as: • old school records (Fifth class, Middle standard and Matriculation certificate),
and • Voter’s ID card.