+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

misterbmw

Star Member
Apr 6, 2013
Hello everyone,

my parents go their visa and will land to Canada next week, they have their Covid 19 passport and will get negative test 72 hours before their arrival..
Do i or they need to provide or look for any additional documents ?

thanks
Can you please share you DM date and PPR request date?

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hello everyone,

my parents go their visa and will land to Canada next week, they have their Covid 19 passport and will get negative test 72 hours before their arrival..
Do i or they need to provide or look for any additional documents ?

thanks
They need to register their vaccination information and flight details in ArriveCan app. When complete it will send email with scan code.

Last edited:

mydesire

Star Member
Mar 31, 2009
Ottawa
So I booked my parents flight to Canada. The point of entry is in Vancouver. I live in Ontario (I am the sponsor) but they will visit my sister in Calgary for a week before heading to Ontario (Vancouver and Calgary is just 1.5hr travel time). Is there going to be a problem in immigration? Anyone has experience like this?

Last edited:

andybrownahm

Jan 7, 2020
hey guys, we received passport letter request on nov 18th, both my parents are in canada so we submitted request for virtual landing via webform. have not heard anything since, anyone else facing this? can anyone tell me how long does it take to receive virtual landing info? thanks

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
hey guys, we received passport letter request on nov 18th, both my parents are in canada so we submitted request for virtual landing via webform. have not heard anything since, anyone else facing this? can anyone tell me how long does it take to receive virtual landing info? thanks
Hi

I would suggest you send another webform, as our PPR was same day as yours and we already got everything. PPR was from NDVO for us. Below is my timeline:

Nov 18th - PPR and submitted one webform same day saying parents are in Canada.
Then sent second webform after a week or so again.
On Dec 03 - We got email from Etobicoke office asking to confirm some details.
On Dec 06 - Portal email
Dec 09 - eCOPRs
Jan 04 - PR cards received in mail

Reactions: andybrownahm

andybrownahm

Jan 7, 2020
Hi

I would suggest you send another webform, as our PPR was same day as yours and we already got everything. PPR was from NDVO for us. Below is my timeline:

Nov 18th - PPR and submitted one webform same day saying parents are in Canada.
Then sent second webform after a week or so again.
On Dec 03 - We got email from Etobicoke office asking to confirm some details.
On Dec 06 - Portal email
Dec 09 - eCOPRs
Jan 04 - PR cards received in mail
can u tell me what subjectline is of the email we get for portal email

wxhzk

Star Member
Aug 13, 2015
Question: How do you guys fill in form 5768e? There is a section asking you the employment history and gross income for the last three consecutive taxation years.
However, the first line is to PRESENT. Does this mean the year 2020?

So I need to fill in the years 2018,2019 and 2020??? Because this is 3 years that CIC asked me to send them. I'm confused. Please help. Thanks in advance!

@laxsun

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Question: How do you guys fill in form 5768e? There is a section asking you the employment history and gross income for the last three consecutive taxation years.
However, the first line is to PRESENT. Does this mean the year 2020?

So I need to fill in the years 2018,2019 and 2020??? Because this is 3 years that CIC asked me to send them. I'm confused. Please help. Thanks in advance!

@laxsun
I used to provide details of each T4 received. That means creating one row for each T4 in 2018, 2019 and 2020.
That way it is clear which employer I have worked and gross income for each year.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
So I booked my parents flight to Canada. The point of entry is in Vancouver. I live in Ontario (I am the sponsor) but they will visit my sister in Calgary for a week before heading to Ontario (Vancouver and Calgary is just 1.5hr travel time). Is there going to be a problem in immigration? Anyone has experience like this?
PR processing will happen in Vancouver. They need to have enough time (at least two hours) for that before boarding the flight to Calgary.
For immigration, there should be no problem with this travel arrangement. Address for PR card delivery can be either Calgary or ON.

Reactions: HP_CAN and mydesire